I just got my crystal ball waxed

Eric Moulds and the 8th pick overall will be shipped to Denver for Denver"s first rounders. The Bills will then select DT Bunkley and C Mangold. Buffalo's starting O-Line week one will be Gandy, Fowler, Mangold, Villariall and Peters. Buffalo's D-Line: Schobel, Tripplett, Bunkley and Kelsay.

Well, what do ya think????

With the recent signing of Fowler, coupled with the selection of Duke Preston last season, I doubt that Marv would be inclined to draft Mangold. But I like your idea of pairing Moulds with our #8 to move down and take Denver's two first rounders.

640517[/snapback]

Why not?? Villariall is on the decline. Preston can step in for him and give Buffalo a young line with the potential to be great with the addition of a new LT of course.

Why not?? Villariall is on the decline. Preston can step in for him and give Buffalo a young line with the potential to be great with the addition of a new LT of course.

640520[/snapback]

For one thing, #22 is a bit high for Mangold. You can usually find quality interior linemen in the second and third round. If we are going to take an OL in the first round, we'd be better served at OT with someone like Winston Justice, Eric Winston, who could both be gone by #22. Even Marcus McNeil, who opened a lot of holes for Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams at Auburn, wouldn't be a bad selection. Of course, with this extra pick -- and knowing that we have 3 additional Day 1 picks -- I wouldn't be opposed to looking for more help in the secondary or at DE, depending on who is there.

I like the idea of getting out of our slot, unless Williams, Hawk or Brick is there.We all know they wont be there. So if we trade with Denver grab Bunkley and maybe a Jennings or if Chad Jackson is there I would take him. We need a second play maker and Davis aint it.But drafting Gilles or a LT would make the most sense. I for one am not sold on Ngata, im sure he has some talent but would be better off with Bunkley. GOBILLS/MIAMIBLOWS/DAN MARINO SHOULD ROT IN HELL AND DIE OF GOHNAREA. :lol:

What makes you think teams will trade for EM?  I think they will just sit and wait until he gets cut, then they give up nothing for him.

640637[/snapback]

Because we dont have to cut EM. Levy can just keep him. So if anybody really wants EM. Thay have to trade for him.

What makes you think teams will trade for EM?  I think they will just sit and wait until he gets cut, then they give up nothing for him.

640637[/snapback]

Well for one, the Bills hold all of the chips in this one. There are no marquee WR's remaining in free agency.

The Bills have the cap space available to keep EM on the roster.

Buffalo genuinely wants #80 to play in the red, white and blue this year.

Is that TD-speak? :lol:

640664[/snapback]

Doubtful.

Hang on a sec, though -- I'll find a list of the 'quality interior linemen' he drafted in the second and third rounds during his stay in Buffalo, then get back to you...

Well for one, the Bills hold all of the chips in this one. There are no marquee WR's remaining in free agency.

The Bills have the cap space available to keep EM on the roster.

Buffalo genuinely wants #80 to play in the red, white and blue this year.

640642[/snapback]

And #80 does not want to be here.

There is no way the Bills pay his salary this year - forget "cap space," it's too much in real $$$ for him.

The only card the Bills have is that they own his rights - a team can trade for him and will not have to worry about other bidders. Of course, if he continues to insist he won't renegotiate his contract, it's irrelevant because nobody wants to be saddled with that contract.

The reason the Bills told Moulds to find a trade is that only he can make commitments on renegotiating his contract. Other teams will only be interested in him if they can get him at fair value. Once he finds out that the Bills WERE offering fair value, he will have already burned the bridge.

Is that TD-speak? :lol:

640664[/snapback]

LOL... The problem with TD is that he missed on Big Mike and waited until the late rounds to draft any other offensive linemen. The one time I do remember him drafting another lineman on day one, it was Jonas Jennings in the 3rd round, and he turned out to be OK, don't you think? Maybe if TD had just invested one of those back-to-back-to-back 2nd round picks on an OG or OC, rather than a DE, maybe we'd have a solid player there to this day. I bet there were decent guards and centers on the board, when he reached for Coy Wire too.

It's funny how NFL teams undervalue interior linemen and safeties. If the scouts do their job, we should be able to find an immediate impact interior lineman in the early second -- or even early third round. As we saw last year, quality tackles are much harder to come by. I still remember last year, when Khalif Barnes fell to the 2nd round, hoping and praying that TD would find a way to trade up to get him. But Roscoe it was...

I don't care who is the roster I would love to draft Mangold even at #22. I like the Fowler signing but I want as much competition as possible for the interior of this line (and the tackle position for that matter). Preston could stil compete for a position at guard or center. Hell, we could still draft a guard in round 2 like Davin Joseph (that would be sweet),a safety like Jason Allen, or another DT (Claude Wroten or John McCargo). One thing is is certain, I want to invest heavily in both lines come April 29th and 30th.

I don't care who is the roster I would love to draft Mangold even at #22.  I like the Fowler signing but I want as much competition as possible for the interior of this line (and the tackle position for that matter).  Preston could stil compete for a position at guard or center.  Hell, we could still draft a guard in round 2 like Davin Joseph (that would be sweet),a safety like Jason Allen, or another DT (Claude Wroten or John McCargo).  One thing is is certain, I want to invest heavily in both lines come April 29th and 30th.

640711[/snapback]

I'd grab Mangold at #22. OAK's Jim Otto. PGH's Mike Webster and Dermonti Dawson. CIN's Bob Johnson. BUF's Kent Hull.

They are the rock you build a line on.

Both Wroten and McCargo deserve a long look in rnd 2, too.

I like the thinking, so I'll try not to critisize too much!

BUT...

a) I think #8 for denvers 2 1sts is a pretty fair deal and on the table as is...no need to add EM.

b) Doubtful bunkly will be there at #22. He is showing up top 10 right now in many mocks.

c) 1st round is historically VERY high for a Center. Maybe he is worth it, I dont know much about him, but I am guessing its pretty likely he will be there for our pick in the 2nd.

Its a tough call. Depends on who is there at #22. If we can pull some sort of miracle out of the hat and get Bunkley or Chad Jackson, after moving down, I'll be thrilled.

I cant remeber who said it, but someone suggested Moulds and a 3rd/4th to Green Bay for Walker. I think that makes sense for both teams.

I like the thinking, so I'll try not to critisize too much!

BUT...

a) I think #8 for denvers 2 1sts is a pretty fair deal and on the table as is...no need to add EM.

b) Doubtful bunkly will be there at #22.  He is showing up top 10 right now in many mocks.

c) 1st round is historically VERY high for a Center.  Maybe he is worth it, I dont know much about him, but I am guessing its pretty likely he will be there for our pick in the 2nd.

Its a tough call.  Depends on who is there at #22.  If we can pull some sort of miracle out of the hat and get Bunkley or Chad Jackson, after moving down, I'll be thrilled.

I cant remeber who said it, but someone suggested Moulds and a 3rd/4th to Green Bay for Walker.  I think that makes sense for both teams.

640725[/snapback]

I'd trade the # 8 for DEN's two 1st rounders.

And yes, #22 is high. But if I think I can solidify that Center spot for years to come - they seem to last a long time, I would do it.

It should be a whale of a draft day!