(LAMP) Leaving for Vegas tonight

HopsGuy

So I'm heading to Sin City for the Sweet 16 weekend and I now I've got a problem. A guy a work with (sits right next to me) asks me to place a bet for him. He hands over a US Grant and says, "I know this is a tough bet for a Bills fan to make, but give me the Dolphins to win the Super Bowl."

I'll make the bet, but I'm thinking I should do it at Hooter's or some sort of other seedy dive. I'm probably going to have to have someone else in my group do it. There's a Steeler's fan that still so high after the SB win, he can probably stomach it.

I'm thinking of pocketing the money, but if the worst happens, I'd be on the hook for $1250 (Fish listed as 25:1 on one site). Thoughts?

So I'm heading to Sin City for the Sweet 16 weekend and I now I've got a problem.  A guy a work with (sits right next to me) asks me to place a bet for him.  He hands over a US Grant and says, "I know this is a tough bet for a Bills fan to make, but give me the Dolphins to win the Super Bowl."

I'll make the bet, but I'm thinking I should do it at Hooter's or some sort of other seedy dive.  I'm probably going to have to have someone else in my group do it.  There's a Steeler's fan that still so high after the SB win, he can probably stomach it.

I'm thinking of pocketing the money, but if the worst happens, I'd be on the hook for $1250 (Fish listed as 25:1 on one site).  Thoughts?

639925[/snapback]

Yep, tell the guy to open an online account and make the bet himself. Seriously, why someone would want to through the hassle of placing this bet in Vegas when a little thing called the internet is around boogles my mind.

And I've heard most of the bigger name online sports book are reputable, not that I would personally know :ph34r:

So I'm heading to Sin City for the Sweet 16 weekend and I now I've got a problem.  A guy a work with (sits right next to me) asks me to place a bet for him.  He hands over a US Grant and says, "I know this is a tough bet for a Bills fan to make, but give me the Dolphins to win the Super Bowl."

I'll make the bet, but I'm thinking I should do it at Hooter's or some sort of other seedy dive.  I'm probably going to have to have someone else in my group do it.  There's a Steeler's fan that still so high after the SB win, he can probably stomach it.

I'm thinking of pocketing the money, but if the worst happens, I'd be on the hook for $1250 (Fish listed as 25:1 on one site).  Thoughts?

639925[/snapback]

Make the bet, take him his slip. It's not your money, so don't feel dirty. Just feel pity.

Make the bet, take him his slip. It's not your money, so don't feel dirty. Just feel pity.

639934[/snapback]

Agreed. I would actually take joy in placing such a losing bet and do it as some place classy like Slots o Fun or something like that...

Agreed.  I would actually take joy in placing such a losing bet and do it as some place classy like Slots o Fun or something like that...

639944[/snapback]

And make sure someone snaps a photo of you holding it, holding your nose with a lot of people pointing and laughing. Might come in handy next February.

Yep, tell the guy to open an online account and make the bet himself. Seriously, why someone would want to through the hassle of placing this bet in Vegas when a little thing called the internet is around boogles my mind.

And I've heard most of the bigger name online sports book are reputable, not that I would personally know :ph34r:

639931[/snapback]

The guy probably makes one wager a year and probably doesn't need the hassle. I'll make the bet for him. It's really no big deal and he's a good guy. He's just a victim of circumstance. That's right, I sit next to the only native Floridian.

I was just fishing (bad pun) for some fun responses. :)

Stick it in the g-string of some well-tanned crack whore at the lap-dance place.  Dolphin money belongs in that millieu.  :ph34r:  :)  :lol:

639967[/snapback]

Probably skipping the strip clubs. I live in South FL which is as close to Canada as we have in the US for that stuff. Some of my friends want to play golf. I can't understand that, either.

:doh:

The guy probably makes one wager a year and probably doesn't need the hassle.  I'll make the bet for him.  It's really no big deal and he's a good guy.  He's just a victim of circumstance.  That's right, I sit next to the only native Floridian. 

I was just fishing (bad pun) for some fun responses.  :ph34r:

639966[/snapback]

Oh, i know , but I think the bigger hassle is placing the wager in Vegas, If by some miracle of God the Stinkin Fish actually win, getting pd from the online account lot easier than having to collect from Vegas, in my mind at least

639934[/snapback]

BS! Take the money and put it on the floor by his desk. Then take a leak on it and tell him that's what you think of the dolphins.