Bucs' Proposal: Expand Replay

"We're offering the suggestion that all penalties that are called should fall within the realm of instant replay," Allen said. "We suggest any penalties that are called be subject to review. After reviewing hundreds of plays, we feel it's time to expand on instant replay, since we have a system in place."

With all the shiity calls last year, this may be a good idea.

http://sports.tbo.com/sports/MGBX1UGJ4LE.html

639783[/snapback]

Fear not! Help is on the way!!! :ph34r:

Cincinnati Enquirer 03/23/06

"OFFICIATING: The NFL is satisfied with its officiating but worried that high-profile errors in the playoffs and Super Bowl left a bad impression. Beginning next week at league meetings in Orlando, Fla., it will tweak rules dealing with player safety, offensive holding and false starts.

The committee also wants to change the rule on hits by defenders below the knee on quarterbacks. Atlanta general manager Rich McKay, co-chairman of the league's competition committee, said defensive players will be told they must make an effort to avoid hitting QBs in the legs to avoid serious injuries, such as the hit on Cincinnati's Carson Palmer against Pittsburgh in the playoffs."

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...0371/1067/SPT02

And lost in all this is NFL finally admitting the penalty call screw ups, with this bizarre comment:

The committee also is considering recommending to officials that they make sure there was holding on a play before throwing a flag.

"We want to make sure they actually see the foul," McKay said.

So, Rich, are you saying that the officials were tossing flags on the expectation there was a foul?

And lost in all this is NFL finally admitting the penalty call screw ups, with this bizarre comment:

So, Rich, are you saying that the officials were tossing flags on the expectation there was a foul?

639877[/snapback]

In the 256 games during the past regular season, there were 850 false-start calls. To cut that number, the committee is ready to recommend that minor flinches by wide receivers be ignored if they have no effect on the play.

quote: The 2006 emphasis on player safety will focus on discouraging low hits against quarterbacks.

okay. so where the hell are you supposed to hit a quarterback? it is almost to the point where youcan't touch a quarterback

WOW! Just what I want to see 20 different views of a false start or holding or intentional grounding :lol:

The late hits on quaterbacks not being able to have helmet to helmet hits is sad. I agree you shouldn't intentionaly lead with your helmet but thats a risk in a collision sport. It's getting the point where soon we'll be seeing a game where the qb is wearing a red jersey and is off limits and has a flag tucked into his pants..

Honestly I hate the whole replay system. I think the game is getting too soft and drawn out with all these rules. I wish They'd get rid of the entire system and try a novel concept like hiring full time officials and letting the players just play the game.