A must question for music lovers everywhere.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever teared up/choked up during a song?

Well for me, yes.  But there only one song that does that and it's from the movie "Titanic".  "Hymn to the sea", such a sad and moving song. :ph34r::)  :lol:

639663[/snapback]

Oh yeah.

It depends on my mood. I actually cried to "You Are My Sunshine" once before. Listen to the lyrics. It's one of the most depressing songs I know.

Well for me, yes.  But there only one song that does that and it's from the movie "Titanic".  "Hymn to the sea", such a sad and moving song. :ph34r::)  :lol:

639663[/snapback]

Funny you should bring this up. Just today, in fact, I was at work, and this girl I work with put on this Seventies compilation. That awful song by Terry Jacks, "Seasons in the Sun" came on. I started getting a little choked up, even though I absolutely despise the song. I had not heard it in at least 10 years. I realized then, the reason was that I remembered something I hadn't thought about in about 25 or 30 years. When I was a kid, and that song was very popular, I recall my basketball coach was giving me, and his son, a ride home from a game (I lived across the street from the coach and his family). The coach told the two of us, with "Seasons in the Sun" coincidently playing on the radio, that a kid who had been on the team the previous year, had gotten hit by a car and killed...it sounds corny, and I was only about 10 or 11 at the time, but it was the first time anyone I had ever known had died...up to that point, all my relatives were still alive, or had died before I ever knew them. Now it seems like people I know die almost every month...

Yes.  Often.  Too many to mention.  (Yes, clearly I'm a kitty.)

I also laugh during instrumental music if I find the music amusing.

639698[/snapback]

I once giggled uncontrollably when my Social Studies teacher played the French National anthem during class. Don't know why, but it was funny at the time.

As for tearing up...yup, I'm a big wuss. (though not a big enough wuss to have ever watched Titanic or much less admit that I cried listening to the soundtrack. :ph34r: )

Rumor is AiO tears up whenever she hears "Whip It", though that's unconfirmed.

639663[/snapback]

Be strong future weather-dude.

I got choked up a few times during songs when my daughters danced in shows (jazz/tap/ballet). When they were little they were cute, when they got older they were dramatic. My oldest once danced to "Hero" and dedicated it to Mom and Dad.

My grandmother pretty much raised me. She spent her last 5 years in a bed with alzheimer's after a severe stroke. I used to get a bit misty listening to this song:

Hello In There by John Prine

We had an apartment in the city,

Me and Loretta liked living there.

Well, it’d been years since the kids had grown,

A life of their own left us alone.

John and Linda live in Omaha,

And Joe is somewhere on the road.

We lost Davy in the Korean war,

And I still don’t know what for,

don’t matter anymore.

Ya’ know that old trees just grow stronger,

And old rivers grow wilder ev’ry day.

Old people just grow lonesome

Waiting for someone to say, hello in there, hello.

Me and Loretta, we don’t talk much more,

She sits and stares through the back door screen.

And all the news just repeats itself

Like some forgotten dream

that we’ve both seen.

Someday I’ll go and call up Rudy,

We worked together at the factory.

But what could I say if he asks what’s new?

Nothing, what’s with you?

nothing much to do.

Ya’ know that old trees just grow stronger,

And old rivers grow wilder ev’ry day.

Old people just grow lonesome

Waiting for someone to say, hello in there, hello.

So if you’re walking down the street sometime

And spot some hollow ancient eyes,

Please don’t just pass ’em by and stare

As if you didn’t care,

say, hello in there,

hello.

Cats in the Cradle, (once I became a parent), Seasons In the Sun :ph34r:

Well for me, yes.  But there only one song that does that and it's from the movie "Titanic".  "Hymn to the sea", such a sad and moving song. :):lol:  :doh:

639663[/snapback]

I cry during the Ring Cycle.

But that's only because after 12 hours it's only half over.

639912[/snapback]

I sobbed uncontrollably through the first chord of the St. Burchardi church performance of As Slow As Possible.

Seriously, yeah I'm a wimp...I have, can't think of a lot of songs off-hand, but I have....

As for tearing up...yup, I'm a big wuss.  (though not a big enough wuss to have ever watched Titanic or much less admit that I cried listening to the soundtrack. :ph34r: )

639777[/snapback]

Woah, you got that right, Beerbong.