If TO's contract has behavior clauses...

If he is ready to start the season then how about offering him a contract based on two big clauses? The first one would be based on his behavior. The second clause would be based on his playing time and health. The guy is huge and has alot of potential but only if he can stay on the field. He would probably be dirt cheap and one would think that he's at a crossroad on his career. Either this guy is done with football or he is ready to try and salvage the rest of his career. I would at least interview him and see where his head is at. He could land up being a steal for the right price and the right team. It also wouldn't hurt to stick it in the Fish's face with their own UFA. Wouldn't that be poetic justice!

If he is ready to start the season then how about offering him a contract based on two big clauses? The first one would be based on his behavior. The second clause would be based on his playing time and health. The guy is huge and has alot of potential but only if he can stay on the field. He would probably be dirt cheap and one would think that he's at a crossroad on his career. Either this guy is done with football or he is ready to try and salvage the rest of his career. I would at least interview him and see where his head is at. He could land up being a steal for the right price and the right team. It also wouldn't hurt to stick it in the Fish's face with their own UFA. Wouldn't that be poetic justice!

639652[/snapback]

I believe this is how GM's get into trouble. They think they can figger out a way to get inside these guys heads and THEY will be the one to mine gold.

Marv has always had the attitude that you weren't going to be able to do that. And as a result he hasn't often grabbed the head cases. Especially washed up head cases like Boston.

Of course we really don't know who if anyone, Marv has "picked up". How much input did marv have in personel?

639652[/snapback]

I certainly may be off base, but I'm under the impression that TO's contract does NOT have behavior clauses. At least that's how it was reported on ESPN. Is there new info?

I certainly may be off base, but I'm under the impression that TO's contract does NOT have behavior clauses.  At least that's how it was reported on ESPN.  Is there new info?

639702[/snapback]

Also how it is being reported here. Nothing out of the ordinary in the language. Surprising, but if it can lead to the suffering of cowpuke fans I'm all for it.