Jimmy Williams is TALL!!!!!!!!!&#3

LaDairis

And all the gurus love him. And he is a corner, because I read on 6 different sites that all say the same thing about the same players that he is the best corner....

NO, WAIT...

THIS JUST IN...

From warroom.sportingnews.com/

"Williams measured 6-2 and 216 pounds, about 3 pounds heavier than he weighed at the NFL Combine last month. He ran in the mid-4.4's in the 40, but what followed has scouts concerned. Williams' vertical jump was only 33 inches, and his broad jump was only 9-feet, 8 inches. He could bench press 225 pounds only 12 times, and one coach in attendance said he thought Williams wasn't going to make it past 10."

"Bottom line: Williams is a big guy who can run but lacks explosiveness and strength. He takes risks and is undisciplined, and he shows poor work habits and questionable character"

"Williams has good size, but his cornerback movements are not strong. He doesn't twist well or open his hips quickly and smoothly, and that will cause problems against NFL receivers."

Well, I'll make "my" "opinion" on Jimmy Williams once I read the other 6 sites that all said he was the best corner prospect... and see if they change their minds first...

Cornerback is the one position I like the bills at. Clements and McGee both play makers, although a proven third corner would be nice, I think Vincent could move back to the nickel spot in a pinch. This team has far to many holes in the front seven or O-Line to worry about depth at corner. Besides I think that corners cound be found in later rounds if the scouts do well.

• 2 weeks later...
And all the gurus love him. And he is a corner, because I read on 6 different sites that all say the same thing about the same players that he is the best corner....

NO, WAIT...

THIS JUST IN...

From warroom.sportingnews.com/

"Williams measured 6-2 and 216 pounds, about 3 pounds heavier than he weighed at the NFL Combine last month. He ran in the mid-4.4's in the 40, but what followed has scouts concerned. Williams' vertical jump was only 33 inches, and his broad jump was only 9-feet, 8 inches. He could bench press 225 pounds only 12 times, and one coach in attendance said he thought Williams wasn't going to make it past 10."

"Bottom line: Williams is a big guy who can run but lacks explosiveness and strength. He takes risks and is undisciplined, and he shows poor work habits and questionable character"

"Williams has good size, but his cornerback movements are not strong. He doesn't twist well or open his hips quickly and smoothly, and that will cause problems against NFL receivers."

Well, I'll make "my" "opinion" on Jimmy Williams once I read the other 6 sites that all said he was the best corner prospect... and see if they change their minds first...

639588[/snapback]

I'll admit that you were right and I was wrong about Jason Allen, looks like he -could sneak into the first round...although my mock was pre-combine when he was projected as an early third. You've made your point but your still a choad.

Didn't we draft a cornerback a few years ago named Jimmy Williams? I'm sure we did. Perhaps the second time's the charm.

639837[/snapback]

Sure did out of Vandy. He went on to be a return man/nickel CB for the 49ers. He then got hurt and has latched on with the Seahawks the last few years.