Updated areas of need...

keithg

After the most recent signings of Nall and Fowler, I see the following positions on the team that still need to be upgraded:

On offense we need:

1 OG, 1 OT, a backup RB, and a WR (assuming EM bolts)

On defense we need:

1 DT, 1 DE, 1 LB for depth, and 1 safety

Thats 8 areas of need, so take each position I mentioned and pick who you think the Bills will go for, either a FA or a draft pick.

Guard -- Neal

Tackle -- Draft, probably in the 2nd or 3rd.

RB -- ? S. Williams ain't that bad a backup! UDFA for camp fodder.

WR -- Late in the draft, if not an UDFA or a June 1 cut.

DT -- Draft. Ngata or Bunkley or ... ?

DE -- Mid-late draft, if at all.

LB -- Probably an UDFA

SS -- Don't know if Baker is going to get a shot here, and we did sign someone, but I could certainly understand Marv taking Huff if he's at #8.

You forgot (don't worry, everyone does b/c it's not sexy):

FB -- Matt Bernstein with a 3rd, if he's still there.

I'm liking Marv's approach. Don't have to blow up the whole thing. And I'm also hoping he continues the trend of bringing in UDFAs and giving them a shot.

After the most recent signings of Nall and Fowler, I see the following positions on the team that still need to be upgraded:

On offense we need:

1 OG, 1 OT, a backup RB, and a WR (assuming EM bolts)

On defense we need:

1 DT, 1 DE, 1 LB for depth, and 1 safety

Thats 8 areas of need, so take each position I mentioned and pick who you think the Bills will go for, either a FA or a draft pick.

639414[/snapback]

I disagree with your needs a little:

1OT: Draft (round 3) (Gandy will play this year)

2OG: 1. FA 2. Draft (round 2)

FB: Draft (4th)

1DT: Draft (round 1)

LB: Late round pick

Safety: Draft (other 3rd rounder)

CB: Depth/Dime CB: Free Agent

I don't consider "needs", but good to have:

Backup RB: (5-7 draft)

WR: (5-7 draft)

OL depth: FA (5-7 Draft)

1. Guard- Hopefully Neal. I was of the mindset we needed 2 guards but I think preston will be able to compete against villarrial. Otherwise we go draft if we dont get Neal.

1b. Defensive Tackle- This is probably our most pressing need with only larry triplett and tim anderson currently on the roster. We need to draft at least 2 dt's, and sign one in free agency.

2. DE- Chris Kelsay has done nothing in this league and doesn't look like he'll do anything. Why there are people that think he's adequate is beyond me. Just cause he started for us, doesn't mean he's good it means the crap behind him was worse. Can be corrected via draft.

3. LB- Josh Stamer/Mario Haggan are good special teams players but I seriousily doubt they could fill in for Takeo Spikes or London Fletcher. This a big need especially if Spikes doesnt make it all the way back. Can be corrected via draft

4. Safety SS/FS- Troy Vincent is 35 or 36? Matt Bowen as our potential starting ss? Thats pretty bad. While I'd like to see Baker get every chance to win the ss job, this is a deep safety draft. This issue can be corrected via the draft.

5. Backup rb- Shaud Williams isn't as bad as people make him out to be but he's no guy that can handle 20-25 carries a game if willis goes down. In the event that happens I'd like someone who can. Not sure who's left via free agency. Not a great rb draft.

other areas of need

tackle- I didn't list this in my main list cause I think we can live with gandy another year. The interior of the oline is the big problem.

fukllback- Daimon Shelton is a good blocker it's just too bad he is soooo slow. I'd like to see a guy who can catch some passes from this position, as well as block. Not looking for an allstar just an athletic youngster over shelton would suffice.