Any realtors on board?

Simon

but must be nice live in NJ not need speak complete sentences...

639662[/snapback]

Hence the ...

:ph34r::)

My God, are the people on here getting dumber and dumber?

Simon, incidentally, sounds like you're getting a great deal. An extra 3-5 grand over 30 years shouldn't kill ya for the house of your dreams. Good luck dude.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Realy, and wheres here? I would think outside of places like WNY and other ares that have not seen the housing boom, most would do assessments earlier. Lordy, here in Richmond, and in both DC and Maryland, it was three years

639497[/snapback]

Virginia is every two years in most counties. Or at least in the counties north of Spotsy. Lot's of bitching this year. My assessment went up almost 70% in 2 years.

Always make the deal subject to mortgage, engineer, and lawyer approval. That gives you three "outs" if you need one.

I visited a house in Rochester that was having three offers put in on the first day the home was shown. We went in at $50 over the asking price and won. :lol:

That was 1982 and I was sweating having to make the $286 / month mortgage (PITI) :) Of course I had three kids and was making $12K a year!

That was my decade of working two jobs while going to night school. :ph34r:

Sounds like a price that will not stay very long. Given the property as you described it it is hard to see how you can go wrong giving the asking price. Don't be surprised if THEY don't raise the asking price in a few weeks as they see the interest. People make very bad decisions in divorce situations and selling the house for far less than its worth is one of them. Buying a house just before a divorce is a very common practice. Ironically in many cases having a child just before a divorce in hopes it will "save" the marriage is another one of those wierd things that they do. Go for it.

Virginia is every two years in most counties.  Or at least in the counties north of Spotsy.  Lot's of bitching this year.  My assessment went up almost 70% in 2 years.

639742[/snapback]

Henrico actually considering dropping the tax rate as the assesments are just killing people. Just got mine, not very happy.O, BTW, while they will drop the rate, the assesmnents are coming back so high they will still collect more revenue.

So nice of them :ph34r:

Henrico actually considering dropping the tax rate as the assesments are just killing people. Just got mine, not very happy.O, BTW, while they will drop the rate, the assesmnents are coming back so high they will still collect more revenue.

So nice of them :ph34r:

639939[/snapback]

Yeah they are working on a realized rate now for us, to keep it even. I won't get into the whys but we have been raped the last couple of years on couty taxes due to some very fishy politicing by a certain group of county employees.

Virginia is every two years in most counties.  Or at least in the counties north of Spotsy.  Lot's of bitching this year.  My assessment went up almost 70% in 2 years.

639742[/snapback]

Same for me VA - I too live in Spotsylvania.

Pennsyltucky.

639499[/snapback]

Reason #1556 that I paid $300k (now worth over $600k) to live in south Orange county a mere 10 minutes from the ocean. You've got land, I've got hot young blonds in bikinis. :doh:

Oh and by the way, they have all their teeth too.

Nowhere in here have I seen feedback from your realtor, Simon. Do you have one or do you plan to do this on your own?

I've got one but I just wanted to hear some opinions from realtors who weren't directly involved.

Not only am I going to get this place dirt cheap, I'm going to get them to throw in the tractor too. :lol:

You've got land, I've got hot young blonds in bikinis.

I got me a wife I'll match up with any of them hot blondes.

Oh and by the way, she's got a brain too. :P

I've got one but I just wanted to hear some opinions from realtors who weren't directly involved.

Not only am I going to get this place dirt cheap, I'm going to get them to throw in the tractor too.  :lol:

Oh and by the way, she's got a brain too.  :P

640537[/snapback]

But dude, she's your wife. :P

it is very special when you have a wife that gives you the same feeling today as when you first fell in love .28 years come may , and i would do it over in a hart beat .some times i think it is more fun now than when we first got married. :lol::P:P

Reason #1556 that I paid $300k (now worth over $600k) to live in south Orange county a mere 10 minutes from the ocean.  You've got land, I've got hot young blonds in bikinis.  :lol:

But they probably don't have all their teeth. Ha.

640514[/snapback]

Damn You Chef Jim.

it is very special when you have a wife that  gives you the same feeling today as when you  first fell in love .28 years come may , and i would do it over in a hart beat .some times i think it is more fun now than when we first got married. :P  :P  :D

640596[/snapback]

28 years? Damn you only get 20 years for murder..... :lol:

Congrats Mead that's a long time.

Not only am I going to get this place dirt cheap, I'm going to get them to throw in the tractor too.  :lol:

Oh and by the way, she's got a brain too.  :P

640537[/snapback]

Some people here will want pics to verify that last statement.

First of all...don't be impressed or awed by the term "realtor." They act as if it is some sort of special designation, when all it really is, is a title given to those who take a 2-hour course and pay the membership $$. There's a commercial on national TV these days about realtors and their "code of ethics." Makes me and my wife (who has been in real estate for 10+ years) laugh our asses off. What a scam.

Your own common sense and the input from others who have bought and sold houses should be all you need to make the right decision. Get a lawyer to represent your interests at the closing, and there should never be a need for a "realtor."