Question for the Physics Experts

ajzepp

I took delivery on some absolutely beautiful, kick-ass speakers yesterday. When these speakers are made (right here in the USA, I might add....Brooklyn, NY!) there are four small magnets placed in a rectangle around the drivers. These magnets hold the mesh grill onto the front of the speaker so that when you remove the grill during listening, there are no visible dowel holes where the grill plugs into. Four magnets are also placed onto the back of the speaker, which is where you place the grill when not in use. Pretty clever. Anyway, the ones on the right speaker are great. The left speaker appears to only have magnetic attraction from one of the four magnets on front, though the four in the back work great. My question is this: Am I just going to have to accept the fact tht perhaps 3/4 of the magnets that are supposed to be in the front are simply not there, or maybe not properly placed in the wood cabinet? Or is it possible that they have become de-magnetized in some way?

Thanks!

I took delivery on some absolutely beautiful, kick-ass speakers yesterday. When these speakers are made (right here in the USA, I might add....Brooklyn, NY!) there are four small magnets placed in a rectangle around the drivers. These magnets hold the mesh grill onto the front of the speaker so that when you remove the grill during listening, there are no visible dowel holes where the grill plugs into. Four magnets are also placed onto the back of the speaker, which is where you place the grill when not in use. Pretty clever. Anyway, the ones on the right speaker are great. The left speaker appears to only have magnetic attraction from one of the four magnets on front, though the four in the back work great. My question is this: Am I just going to have to accept the fact tht perhaps 3/4 of the magnets that are supposed to be in the front are simply not there, or maybe not properly placed in the wood cabinet? Or is it possible that they have become de-magnetized in some way?

Thanks!

639191[/snapback]

Take one gallon of sulfuric acid and heat it to 109 degrees. Pour 3 quarts of it directly on to the magents you want de-magnetized. Stick your elbow in the remaining quart while singing a Gordon Lightfoot song. "The Cat's in the Cradle" works best but any Lightfoot song will do.

Either that or call the help line in Brooklyn.

Take one gallon of sulfuric acid and heat it to 109 degrees.  Pour 3 quarts of it directly on to the magents you want de-magnetized.  Stick your elbow in the remaining quart while singing a Gordon Lightfoot song.  "The Cat's in the Cradle" works best but any Lightfoot song will do.

639207[/snapback]

Can you tell him how to find the number for the company in Brooklyn? :doh:

I already have an inquiry to Brooklyn, guys....I'm just trying to get some feedback in the interim cause I'm impatient.

Take one gallon of sulfuric acid and heat it to 109 degrees.  Pour 3 quarts of it directly on to the magents you want de-magnetized.  Stick your elbow in the remaining quart while singing a Gordon Lightfoot song.  "The Cat's in the Cradle" works best but any Lightfoot song will do.

639207[/snapback]

Actually, harry chapin.

Ahhh... But that is the beauty of TBD... The subtle inside joke is that it is "Gordon Lightfoot"... That of course was not lost on me... :D  :D

I guess you missed the subtlty of his joke? :lol:

And some say he is BF... :doh:  :lol:

639248[/snapback]

I remember the emund fitzgerald thread,then there was duran duran got their name from sirhan sirhan, he is imaginative

Ahhh... But that is the beauty of TBD... The subtle inside joke is that it is "Gordon Lightfoot"... That of course was not lost on me... :D  :D

639248[/snapback]

Totally - and don't pull that "well, I guess you're uncool" garbage.

T'was inane. :D

Thanks!

639191[/snapback]

Maybe the magnets are flipped around..the wrong side facing out??

Maybe the magnets are flipped around..the wrong size facing out??

639396[/snapback]

Quite possible. I just talked with the owner of the company and he said that's the likely issue. He can make me a custom grill that would work, so I'm going to give that a shot.

Lana wins the prize, right? The Nobel prize for physics, as determined by TheMadCap... :doh:

639422[/snapback]

She does as far as this thread is concerned, that's for damn sure lol

639248[/snapback]

To me, that's indisputable proof that he ISN'T BF. I see you agree.

who the fug' makes a post about beautiful speakers and doesn't name them?  Focker...

639444[/snapback]

LMAO.....I could hear Robert DeNiro saying that.....

Here they are.....finished in a beautiful, REAL, Italian Ebony.

http://www.americanwired.com/audio/devoregib8/gibbons8.html