My Dream Draft

We trade with Denver

Denver gets our 8th and we get Denver 22nd and 28th pick in the draft

We trade Moulds to Philly for their 2 round pick

we get

1A Eric Winston OT Miami FL This pick takes some balls!

Strenghts: Fairly athletic for his size. Good agility, enough to play left tackle. Very physical, but really beats his opponents with good footwork and overall solid fundamentals.

Weaknesses: Suffered season ending knee injury in 2004. Still learning the position. Occasionally got beat by the faster defensive ends; could get to the point of attack faster.

Comments: Could have been a top ten pick last year had he not gotten injured. Showed no signs of lingering problems from knee surgery. Originally came to Miami as a tight end.

1B Nick Mangold C Ohio St.

Strenghts: Decent size and great strength. Very fundamentally sound. Good athlete; has great quickness and agility for an interior lineman. A team leader. Very smart player.

Weaknesses: Could add some weight. Is better in the pass protection than run blocking.

Comments: Could make the switch to guard, but is very underrated as a center. His experience and knowledge of the game makes him an ideal candidate to be a team leader in the middle of the offensive line

2A Claude Wroten DT L.S.U.

Strenghts: Hard worker. Plays at full speed at all times. Very strong. Very athletic, shows good quickness and ability to plug the gaps and get to the ball carrier in the backfield.

Weaknesses: Doesn't have ideal height. Will still need to improve his strength in order to compete against some of the taller, stronger NFL linemen. Still raw, needs to improve his fundamentals and add a few more moves to shed blocks.

Comments: Hasn't received as much attention as teammate Marcus Spears a year ago, but could be just as good a pro prospect. Has an great attitude and is willing to work to improve.

2B Antonio Cromartie CB Florida St.

Strenghts: Excellent size. Very good speed. Adjusts well to the ball and has good hands; will come up with his fair share of interceptions. A tremendous all around athlete. Good return man as well.

Weaknesses: Missed entire 2005 season with a torn ACL. Doesn't have much experience. Very raw, doesn't have great technique. Got by in college with great size and athletic ability.

Comments: If his knee appears healed during workouts he is a sure first rounder. If not, he could drop to the late 2nd round. Likely would have been a top 15 pick in 2007 had he stayed for his senior year and proved that he was fully recovered. The fact that he entered early is concerning; does it mean that he felt he wouldn't have been as productive at FSU after this knee injury?

3A Jeremy Trueblood OT Boston College Sorry no info here but I have him as best availible OT on the board at this time. (starter in 2 years)

3B Donte Whitner Ohio State

Strenghts: Elite speed for a safety. Plays with a ton of energy. Very effective against the run and as a pass rusher. Has the ability to play man coverage against bigger receivers. A solid tackler and a hard hitter. Has an excellent work ethic and plenty of experience against top competition.

Weaknesses: Doesn't have ideal size. Ht: 5'11 Wt: 205

Had knee surgery after the 2004 season.

Comments: A very tough player. Once played in a game just a week after having arthroscopic surgery on his knee. Underrated because of his size, but he does not play like a 5'11, 200lbs guy. Similar to Bob Sanders, but has even more upside.

I really wanted to draft a replacement for EM but could not justify a high draft choice with such a poor WR class :P

Strenghts: Elite speed for a safety. Plays with a ton of energy. Very effective against the run and as a pass rusher. Has the ability to play man coverage against bigger receivers. A solid tackler and a hard hitter. Has an excellent work ethic and plenty of experience against top competition.

Comments: A very tough player. Once played in a game just a week after having arthroscopic surgery on his knee. Underrated because of his size, but he does not play like a 5'11, 200lbs guy. Similar to Bob Sanders, but has even more upside.

638986[/snapback]

He's quite a player - I think he might be gone a bit earlier than this, though.

638986[/snapback]

I not sold on the winston pick at all. A converted TE with a knee injury? Remember, TD is gone now.

As for Cromartie, the guy was an absolute down here. He was all over the field, and extremely dangerous on returns. I think he would have easily been a top 10 pick had he stayed here next season to prove he's healthy. That being said, he'd be a good pick with a 2nd second rounder. *If cromarite didnt get hurt last augusst, you'd be looking at him as easily a top 5 pick.

I not sold on the winston pick at all. A converted TE with a knee injury? Remember, TD is gone now.

As for Cromartie, the guy was an absolute down here. He was all over the field, and extremely dangerous on returns. I think he would have easily been a top 10 pick had he stayed here next season to prove he's healthy. That being said, he'd be a good pick with a 2nd second rounder. *If cromarite didnt get hurt last augusst, you'd be looking at him as easily a top 5 pick.

639088[/snapback]

Remember...Tom Sestak was a converted tight end with a knee injury! Peters is a converted tight end! Given where the pick is coming in the draft as defined, he is the best we will get. If Ngata were available at 8 I wouldn't bother with the trade, but with the assumption that Ngata is not going to be available, this is a good way to go.

Your taking too many chances for picks in your list, Half the guys you have listed have a big injury they are coming off of. I have no problem seeing the Bills take 1 or 2 guys in the draft that maybe coming off an injury, but not so many in the firstt couple of picks. Knee INjury, ACL Injury, these are injuries that could affect their play from what they did before

Your taking too many chances for picks in your list, Half the guys you have listed have a big injury they are coming off of. I have no problem seeing the Bills take 1 or 2 guys in the draft that maybe coming off an injury, but not so many in the firstt couple of picks. Knee INjury, ACL Injury, these are injuries that could affect their play from what they did before

639126[/snapback]

Look Knee injuries are not what they once where. Remember thurman thomas had knee injuries in college and he did ok. I tried to pick players that were hurt the year before and played well coming off the injury.

We trade with Denver 

we get

1A  Eric Winston OT Miami FL This pick takes some balls!

Strenghts: Fairly athletic for his size. Good agility, enough to play left tackle. Very physical, but really beats his opponents with good footwork and overall solid fundamentals.

Weaknesses: Suffered season ending knee injury in 2004. Still learning the position. Occasionally got beat by the faster defensive ends; could get to the point of attack faster.

Comments: Could have been a top ten pick last year had he not gotten injured. Showed no signs of lingering problems from knee surgery. Originally came to Miami as a tight end.

1B  Nick Mangold C Ohio St.

Strenghts: Decent size and great strength. Very fundamentally sound. Good athlete; has great quickness and agility for an interior lineman. A team leader. Very smart player.

Weaknesses: Could add some weight. Is better in the pass protection than run blocking.

Comments: Could make the switch to guard, but is very underrated as a center. His experience and knowledge of the game makes him an ideal candidate to be a team leader in the middle of the offensive line

Strenghts: Hard worker. Plays at full speed at all times. Very strong. Very athletic, shows good quickness and ability to plug the gaps and get to the ball carrier in the backfield.

Weaknesses: Doesn't have ideal height. Will still need to improve his strength in order to compete against some of the taller, stronger NFL linemen. Still raw, needs to improve his fundamentals and add a few more moves to shed blocks.

Comments: Hasn't received as much attention as teammate Marcus Spears a year ago, but could be just as good a pro prospect. Has an great attitude and is willing to work to improve.

Strenghts: Excellent size. Very good speed. Adjusts well to the ball and has good hands; will come up with his fair share of interceptions. A tremendous all around athlete. Good return man as well.

Weaknesses: Missed entire 2005 season with a torn ACL. Doesn't have much experience. Very raw, doesn't have great technique. Got by in college with great size and athletic ability.

Comments: If his knee appears healed during workouts he is a sure first rounder. If not, he could drop to the late 2nd round. Likely would have been a top 15 pick in 2007 had he stayed for his senior year and proved that he was fully recovered. The fact that he entered early is concerning; does it mean that he felt he wouldn't have been as productive at FSU after this knee injury?

3A Jeremy Trueblood OT Boston College Sorry no info here but I have him as best availible OT on the board at this time. (starter in 2 years)

I really wanted to draft a replacement for EM but could not justify a high draft choice with such a poor WR class  :doh:

638986[/snapback]

I love your line of thinking especially going after big guys and a safety. However, I would be a little pissed if they went with Winston. I just don't like that idea of a guy who had a major knee injury going against Jason Taylor and similar speed rushers. Good draft otherwise.

I love your line of thinking especially going after big guys and a safety.  However, I would be a little pissed if  they went with Winston.  I just don't like that idea of a guy who had a major knee injury going against Jason Taylor and similar speed rushers.  Good draft otherwise.

639148[/snapback]

Good Mock.But you can cross of Mangold, with the signing of Fowler.

I can buy that.  Would prefer Jason Allen of Tennessee as the safety pick though and believe he may be available at the Cromartie selection.  Winston is a great pick in my book at that stage of the draft and is a need position guy.  Nice selections all around.

638997[/snapback]

I don't know, I like Allen quite a bit too but I don't thik he'll be there for very long in the second round. Allen is climbing up the charts and he may even go late in the first. I would love it if he drops and the Bills take him.

We trade with Denver 

we get

1A  Eric Winston OT Miami FL This pick takes some balls!

1B  Nick Mangold C Ohio St.

I really wanted to draft a replacement for EM but could not justify a high draft choice with such a poor WR class  :lol:

638986[/snapback]

I could live with that.

(Apoligies in advance. I wanted to make my response shorter. I could have just typed, "Sweet", or "Nice".) Let's face it, I blew it. :doh: )

I could live with that.

(Apoligies in advance.  I wanted to make my response shorter.  I could have just typed, "Sweet", or "Nice".)  Let's face it, I blew it.  :doh: )

639175[/snapback]

It takes some time for a line to gel, but if Mangold is there then we have to take him. I seriously doubt he will be available though.

if we lose Moulds who do we start opposite Evans?  Josh reed?

639252[/snapback]

Right now? I suspect the chart would read Evans Reed Parrish until someone takes the place of one of them. We are in far better condition at WR than we are with the O line or the tight end positions.