Allen wouldn't be a bad decision

Allen does have some down side with his weight issues but the guy still has 2 good years left. With the signing of Fowler I gotta believe Duke is our guard, but why not bring Allen in to show him the ropes, and learn from probably the best offensive lineman in the 90's. Pay him for a couple of years and let Duke work in slowly. I know alot of you are not high on him but anyone that benches over 700 lbs. can be on my line any day.

Watching him at ProBowl weightligting competition, he was a man amongst boys. Strong as an ox, simply doesn't like to practice or keep weight down which put him in the Tuna's doghouse. He is better than the present guards we have.

Watching him at ProBowl weightligting competition, he was a man amongst boys. Strong as an ox, simply doesn't like to practice or keep weight down which put him in the Tuna's doghouse. He is better than the present guards we have.

638778[/snapback]

I seriously doubt we would look at him but he is still dominant. I think given the right opportunity he would be a solid addition.

Allen does have some down side with his weight issues but the guy still has 2 good years left. With the signing of Fowler I gotta believe Duke is our guard, but why not bring Allen in to show him the ropes, and learn from probably the best offensive lineman in the 90's. Pay him for a couple of years and let Duke work in slowly. I know alot of you are not high on him but anyone that benches over 700 lbs. can be on my line any day.

638775[/snapback]

I'd be a LITTLE worried he'd teach Duke to: not practice and eat like a pig. Some mentor. (I could teach him THOSE things.)

I'd be a LITTLE worried he'd teach Duke to: not practice and eat like a pig.  Some mentor.  (I could teach him THOSE things.)

638790[/snapback]

Lineman are supposed to be fat genius. Who cares if the guy eats alot, hes a vet something we lack bigtime on offense, especially with EM busting out. Im not saying he is the answer. But a guy that we all know can get the job done.

Lineman are supposed to be fat genius. Who cares if the guy eats alot, hes a vet something we lack bigtime on offense, especially with EM busting out. Im not saying he is the answer. But a guy that we all know can get the job done.

638808[/snapback]

It was said tongue-in-cheek :P ...well, at least to a degree

There IS a difference between Big and FAT. My main complaint with Allen is he has motivation problems, doesn't like to practice, etc...not sure we need another one of those. But, he'd certainly be an improvement over what we have.

I wouldn't make the run at him (or The Senator's list of Ivy League wonders)...but, if we picked him up for a year or two, I could live with it.

I would love to see maybe the best guard in the history of the game come here. But teach?

I think he complements Fowler very well, since he doesn't need any help blocking even the most massive of DT. Which would allow Fowler to use that athletic ability he has to get to the LBs.

It also would give a player like JP the time to make good throws. Improving his production and or teams' chances of winning. Even if it is only a two year contract, as long as it is not more than 9 million, with 40% guaranteed. a Short term solution could be what this team needs to get back on track. Bring in Jon Runyan too.

Peters-Allen-Fowler-Villarrial-Runyan is like Marv, old. But better than what we had last year, and only a short term solution, but a solution none the less