Any fishermen out there?

I find it very relaxing. Especially surf fishing. I haven't had a "low pressure" job in more than 20 years. I like the peace and quiet, being on the water while still having something to do besides just sit there with a beer in my hand. And a golden trout straight out of a mountain stream is some pretty fine eating.

638881[/snapback]

Ahhh Golden trout. Did some fishing in the Golden Trout wilderness in my younger years. Can't remember the specifics though, either John Muir introduced them to Ca. or he took them from there and introduced elsewhere.

The lakes I fised were small, so the fish were as well, but what a delicious meal they made!

Ahhh Golden trout.  Did some fishing in the Golden Trout wilderness in my younger years.  Can't remember the specifics though, either John Muir introduced them to Ca. or he took them from there and introduced elsewhere.

The lakes I fised were small, so the fish were as well, but what a delicious meal they made!

639044[/snapback]

Interesting...

You just explained the Great Lakes to a tee... It was an environment devoid (being a glacial meltoff) of almost everything until humans or happen stance introduced species... Outside of the lake sturgeon, everything else I think everything has been invasive... Especially game fish.

What is happening now is very par for the historical course.

Just some food for thought.

:doh:

If it was a carp... 25 lbs. is pretty small... There are 45-60 lb'ers that swim in this river!

Did I mention that they have tumors all over them... :doh:  :lol:  But, they sure clean up the toxins!

The less fortunate that fish here actually eat them... Now that is crazy!

The USGS "shocked" our lower pool back in 1997 and they were pulling out +50 lb'ers... I can just imagine what the Asian carp (realeased accidently in the south) are getting to nowadays?

639041[/snapback]

In lowell mass, they sell carp out of pickup trucks in the cambodian neighborhoods, 40 lb'ers easily. The river is alot cleaner now. I still wouldn't eat fish out of the merrimack unless it was north of concord n.h. Then again I fished for trout in brooks and ponds in national forest, and there is warnings about consuming more then two due to the mercury. Didn't stop me, fried trout and beans, big mess of trout, yum.

Ahhh Golden trout.  Did some fishing in the Golden Trout wilderness in my younger years.  Can't remember the specifics though, either John Muir introduced them to Ca. or he took them from there and introduced elsewhere.

639044[/snapback]

I think they've been transported to a lot of different places. I was fishing for them in Colorado, and I'm almost certain they are not native to there.

In  lowell mass, they sell carp out of pickup trucks in the cambodian neighborhoods, 40 lb'ers easily. The river is alot cleaner now. I still wouldn't eat fish out of the merrimack unless it was north of concord n.h. Then again I fished for trout in brooks and ponds in national forest, and there is warnings about consuming more then two due to the mercury. Didn't stop me, fried trout and beans, big mess of trout, yum.

639102[/snapback]

Totally agree!

I have family that lives in Westford... Where are you again? You outside BeanTown? :doh:

Totally agree!

I have family that lives in Westford... Where are you again?  You outside BeanTown? :doh:

639106[/snapback]

Live in N.H. just up the road from westford, part of the great boston exodus of the 70's. Use to live in charlestown and dorchester, on the weekends my father would take us to the cape or n.h to go fishing, great escape from the city, Funny when we moved to n.h. I thought it would be like grizzly adams type of life :lol:

Live in N.H. just up the road from westford, part of the great boston exodus of the 70's. Use to live in charlestown and dorchester, on the weekends my father would take us to the cape or n.h to go fishing, great escape from the city, Funny when we moved to n.h. I thought it would be like grizzly adams type of life :D

639120[/snapback]

:lol:

You know what the "other" side calls it... The "Mass Influence". :D

My sister-in-law... I think would commute to Nashua, NH... Legend has it, she once turned down a job becuase there were too many rotaries (round abouts) on the way to the job... Being a timid driver, I think she thought she couldn't make during the daily grind to work. :doh:

Kinda like here... There is Chicago and the rest of Illinois is "Downstate"...

On another note... Just as in the "pecking" order of the midwest... I think NH, falls in line with Indiana out here... Not quite sure where the rest fall... :lol::D

:lol:

You know what the "other" side calls it... The "Mass Influence". :D

My sister-in-law... I think would commute to Nashua, NH... Legend has it, she once turned down a job becuase there were too many rotaries (round abouts) on the way to the job... Being a timid driver, I think she thought she couldn't make during the daily grind to work. :doh:

Kinda like here... There is Chicago and the rest of Illinois is "Downstate"...

On another note...  Just as in the "pecking" order of the midwest... I think NH, falls in line with Indiana out here... Not quite sure where the rest fall... :lol:  :D

639154[/snapback]

I call it nausea a shopping mecca for the mass residents looking to escape mass sales tax. Mass residents call it cowhampshire. I been to the westford quarries, and worked in that town, nice area ,fished in lake massapoag (sp)?

I haven't in a while. Not since I've been in DC, anyway. Did quite a bit when I was in Georgia. Mostly smaller lakes that didn't get a lot of pressure. Did a few tournaments when I lived in Kentucky.

638747[/snapback]

Bib, brotha, got get you out on the bay or in the ocean.Rock fisihing this winter has been excellant!!!!Got me a 36 lb rock bout month ago off of Va Beach. And the Potomac pretty good bass river, and I hear then snakeheads pretty fun to catch as well!!!!!!

BTW, Lake Anna is also excellant, and ole Angus Phillips just wrote about the pickeral coming back big in some of the tributaries of the bay north of Baltimore. I haven't cuaght a pickeral since my last trip north of Ottawa bout seven tears ago. They a lot of fun as well. I will PM you next time we charter for Rock. Not doing this spring, but we are arranging for the fall.

Bib, brotha, got get you out on the bay or in the ocean.Rock fisihing this winter has been excellant!!!!Got me a 36 lb rock bout month ago off of Va Beach. And the Potomac pretty good bass river, and I hear then snakeheads pretty fun to catch as well!!!!!!

BTW, Lake Anna is also excellant, and ole Angus Phillips just wrote about the pickeral coming back big in some of the tributaries of the bay north of Baltimore. I haven't cuaght a pickeral since my last trip north of Ottawa bout seven tears ago. They a lot of fun as well. I will PM you next time we charter for Rock. Not doing this spring, but we are arranging for the fall.

639325[/snapback]

Before we moved here, I had a house on Middle River inlet east and north of Baltimore. 2-3 feet of water at low tide, with a dock. Tons of rockfish. Probably gave away 30 pounds when we moved. Good eating. Thanks for the offer.