Any fishermen out there?

I used to fish in the thousand islands.  Where do you do your bass fishing, Paul.  God I haven't been fishing in years...have to correct that one of these days.

638740[/snapback]

I haven't in a while. Not since I've been in DC, anyway. Did quite a bit when I was in Georgia. Mostly smaller lakes that didn't get a lot of pressure. Did a few tournaments when I lived in Kentucky.

Bait or fly?

638761[/snapback]

Bait, fly, spear, lures, worms, rubber, stink bait, ice, pier, dynamite, electrolysis (for those stupid enough to try these last two)... you name it. To borrow from Twain, fishing is a good boat ride ruined.

Nevermind that in most places, you can't actually eat the fish you catch nowadays. PCBs, mercury, and who knows what else in the water.

Still would be on the wall. You don't run into 25 pound large mouths every day.

638724[/snapback]

Clearly. They usually run about 180-210 pounds and walk upright.

The answer: fishing.

The question: Name the single most ridiculous waste of time known to mankind that doesn't include a hockey puck.

I find it very relaxing. Especially surf fishing. I haven't had a "low pressure" job in more than 20 years. I like the peace and quiet, being on the water while still having something to do besides just sit there with a beer in my hand. And a golden trout straight out of a mountain stream is some pretty fine eating.

A to each his own thing, I suppose.

I find it very relaxing. Especially surf fishing. I haven't had a "low pressure" job in more than 20 years. I like the peace and quiet, being on the water while still having something to do besides just sit there with a beer in my hand. And a golden trout straight out of a mountain stream is some pretty fine eating.

638881[/snapback]

I haven't fished since I was a kid - I don't eat them.

But it is as you say - very relaxing.

Thats a great catch, I was in clewiston fl. at roland martins marina and there was a replica of the perry bass on  the wall. Largest I caught was 7 or 8 pounds in maine.

638971[/snapback]

Maine? My best bass was a tad under 7. Generally found a lot in the 3-4 lb category. 25 pounds would be quite the catch.

638881[/snapback]

low pressure job 20 years , seems to me your job is to watch over this board all day ,24 - 7 . and bust balls ( very low ) :doh::lol::lol:

low pressure job 20 years , seems to me your job is to watch over this board all day ,24 - 7 . and bust balls ( very low ) :doh:  :lol:  :lol:

639013[/snapback]

There is that, an outgrowth of having to be around a computer WAY too much. I'm on hiatus right now, and working on some other stuff from home. This place is too much like salted peanuts, though - keep it up on the other screen.

at first glance i thought i was going to have to say that you mispelled C - A - R - P

639022[/snapback]

If it was a carp... 25 lbs. is pretty small... There are 45-60 lb'ers that swim in this river!

Did I mention that they have tumors all over them... :doh::lol: But, they sure clean up the toxins!

The less fortunate that fish here actually eat them... Now that is crazy!

The USGS "shocked" our lower pool back in 1997 and they were pulling out +50 lb'ers... I can just imagine what the Asian carp (realeased accidently in the south) are getting to nowadays?