Moulds given permission to seek trade

Here's my prediction...

Moulds to Chicago for a 4th round pick plus they agree not to match on the "I" guy.

It just makes sense on so many levels.

:P

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good TEs are harder to come by though. Thats why the 1st round value. WR just dont have that value in trades.

638824[/snapback]

Doug Jolley was not a good TE....They could have had Heath Miller at that

pick....

Well, let's see what we've got:

AN:  Nothing: Pittsburgh is all set, Cleveland made the moves, Baltimore has Mason and a young Clayton, and Cincy has #85 and Housh.

638830[/snapback]

The steelers current #2 WR is cedric wilson.....a guy who had very few

good agmes......The steelers if they can afford Moulds, will grab him in

a heart beat....

The steelers current #2 WR is cedric wilson.....a guy who had very few

good agmes......The steelers if they can afford Moulds, will grab him in

a heart beat....

638927[/snapback]

Again Moulds will not be a #2. Sure the Steelers may want him, but would Moulds go from being the #1 to playing second fiddle to Hines Ward? Doubt it.

How about this scenario on draft day.

Trade Denver our #8 pick and Eric Moulds for their first two picks in the draft #22 and #29.  I read that they are in love with Jay Cutler.  If they like him that much they'd give it up. 

Or our #8 and Eric, for #22 and #61 overall.  Just something to think about.

638861[/snapback]

Ah, how should I say this....NO!!!!!!!!! In terms of points by draft position, the #8 pick is almost equivalent to the #22 and #29 pick combined. If you want to give away Moulds for free, then you do what you have proposed.

That being said, I would be happy with Moulds and the #8 pick to Denver for #22, #29, and their 3rd round pick.

Ah, how should I say this....NO!!!!!!!!!  In terms of points by draft position, the #8 pick is almost equivalent to the #22 and #29 pick combined.  If you want to give away Moulds for free, then you do what you have proposed.

That being said, I would be happy with Moulds and the #8 pick to Denver for #22, #29, and their 3rd round pick.

639166[/snapback]

Denver now has the #15 and the #22 in the 1st as a result fo the abraham trade. I see nothing wrong with send the #8 and EM to denver for the #15 and #22.

Denver now has the #15 and the #22 in the 1st as a result fo the abraham trade. I see nothing wrong with send the #8 and EM to denver for the #15 and #22.

639172[/snapback]

Interesting, but I still don't think Denver would go for it...I think we would have to throw in something else...they have to know the Bills don't want pay Moulds, he says he won't play for the Bills...something will have to give, Moulds will likely be cut, unless they (he and Buffalo) come to some sort of terms. Denver could likely get Moulds for far less than a first round pick....I like the idea though...for us to be able to trade him, it will have to be a big deal like this. Maybe what you said, plus one of our third rounders?

Sidenote about Denver/draft: local radio station, that carries the Texans games, was saying that Denver and Houston were talking about some sort of trade, and that Denver really wanted to move into the top few picks. They must have their eye on someone. Could you see Shanahan trading his two #1's, for old buddy Kubiaks' #1 overall? One thing about Shanahan, when he wants a player badly enough, he will usually do whatever it takes to get him...I wonder who he wants. WR would seem to be Denvers' biggest weakness, but there really are not a lot of great WR's in this draft. Maybe he wants Vernon Davis, or Pope (can't remember his first name), the two "can't miss" TE's in this draft...they did let Putzier, their leading TE last year, go...

I would love to see a team give up a 3rd rounder for Moulds, but heck that might even be asking too much...

638543[/snapback]

It really depends on our trade partner as far as determining what Moulds brings in a trade. If a team judges itself to be one player away from going deep in the playoffs and making the SB for the first time or even winning it and that player need is for a WR then Moulds is easily worth a 1st to that team (for example Philly knew TO was a greedy idiot but got him anyway because it was a lack of WR talent which had gotten them knocked out of an SC berth the year before).

On the other hand, if a team is stocked at WR is does not matter how good they judge Moulds he is worth little in a trade for him.

Folks who judge a players worth only by the quality of his play are really missing actually calculating how much he can deliver in a trade.

Again Moulds will not be a #2. Sure the Steelers may want him, but would Moulds go from being the #1 to playing second fiddle to Hines Ward? Doubt it.

639133[/snapback]

If the money is right he'll be there. At his age this is his final chance at the $$$ and he aint gonna walk away from any team that antes up.