Moulds given permission to seek trade

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe we will atleast get something more then just a third for him, thats exactly what we got for Henry and Moulds is alot better then him, plus the WR market has really dried up right now so a team with the need for a WR will have to pay a bit for him.

I would rather see them make a deal for a player straight up, Maybe even for a RFA, if its possible to include one in a deal (like for example, Arizona sends us Wells for moulds instead of the pick we would have had to give them as compensation and they don't match our offer)

Moulds will take less money to go play for a good team.

Just my opinion.  :P

638209[/snapback]

How much is less money.....

Let us say if Miami offers 4M and the Steelers offer him 1.5M who do

you think he is going to go.....The dolphins ofcourse....Money talks...

NOONE will trade a 1st for moulds.  That is because the market for 1st round picks is quite high these days.  However, a 2nd is not unrealistic.  I believe that chargers traded for mccardell mid-year one year for like a 4th.  Furthermore, the most damning proof of all that noon eknows what a guy is worth is the Justin McCareins deal from 2 years ago, a 2nd round pick!!! what a joke.  McCareins is about 3/8 the player moulds is.

638223[/snapback]

Just to reinforce, trades are wierd, the Jets gave away a 1st rounder to get

Doug Jolley the TE from the raiders.....

Bills | Moulds granted permission to seek trade

Tue, 21 Mar 2006 16:33:34 -0800

But if not, we're back to Square 1 and Eric won't play for the Bills. He doesn't want to play for them, and he will not play for them." Johnson said several teams already have expressed interest in Moulds since the Bills granted their permission on Friday.

638227[/snapback]

Finally, the EM camp has come out and said their real feelings.....EM does not

want to play for the bills.....The bills are not out to screw him....He just doesnt

want to play for them...

But, the Bills also need to be shopping right now. Moulds would probably love to go to NE or Denver, as I think he is going to try to find the best chance to get to a Super Bowl, but maybe Philly or Minny would offer the Bills more.

638605[/snapback]

Why is everyone leaving out the Steelers from this...The steelers lost

Randal El and have Cedric Wilson as their #2.....Moulds and Hines Ward will

be a great tandem for them and their window of oppurtunity is the next few

years....So why not get that good WR for the #2 position....

Now one question I have is, Moulds was hurt last year playing as the #2 WR.

Will he be ready to be the #2 or #3 at NE, Denver or Miami (All these teams

have established #1 WRs).....

I tend to agree.

Read this.

And this.

Similar situations with a disgruntled player with similar NFL achievements under their belt.

McCardell's Stats

Disgruntled Wide Receiver Eric Mould's Stats

If he does go away, it would be nice to get something more than a case of wrapping tape for him. :P

638590[/snapback]

Nice work.

The only thing I would counter with, is that we have just seen more players switch teams, in the last three weeks, than any three week period in NFL history, with many more to follow. The situation is much different now, than it was when McCardell was dealt. Denver, Philly, or whoever is interested in him, would be foolish to give up much for Moulds.

Like I said, I think the only way he gets traded straight up, is for a high pick (say round 5 or 6) by some team that wants to prevent him from hitting the open mark. Even then though, Moulds contract would hurt his trade value, unless he agrees to take a massive pay cut to go somewhere else. It doesn't give the Bills a lot of incentive to work with another team. They would only agree, because they know they are going to cut Moulds anyway...and to save some face.

I have never actually heard Moulds say he doesn't want to play for the Bills ever again, only his spokesperson...guys often back off of statements like this, when they realize the situation they are in, is the best for them....

Pure speculation here, but I wonder if Moulds would be interested in N.O. That would be a trade-up, first-for-first plus Moulds, that I could deal with, securing us a shot at Williams or Ferguson. The Saints are closer to Mississippi (his home state, right?).

Moulds wouldn't go to Pittsburgh. Hines Ward is above and beyond better than Moulds and would always get the looks. Hines Ward is the best all around WR in the NFL. By far.

638789[/snapback]

I totally agree with you, I think Ward is the best COMPLETE PACKAGE at wideout in the game. He is a team guy who gets tons of catches in a run first offense, has played with atleast 4 different QBs since hes been there and almost a new offensive coordinator every year. He blocks downfield, is a great possession reciever who can also make the big play. Randel El and Burress where good recievers, but they should each give Ward some money for making them more then they deserved on the open market.

Pure speculation here, but I wonder if Moulds would be interested in N.O.  That would be a trade-up, first-for-first plus Moulds, that I could deal with, securing us a shot at Williams or Ferguson.  The Saints are closer to Mississippi (his home state, right?).

638792[/snapback]

Again you have Joe Horn there. Moulds will want to be the #1 dude. That is why Philly is so attractive I would imagine.

Again you have Joe Horn there. Moulds will want to be the #1 dude. That is why Philly is so attractive I would imagine.

638797[/snapback]

Horn's 34, getting a little long in the tooth, and had an injury last year. I'm not sure he'd get in the way if the Saints liked Moulds. Again, I'm just speculating. Philly does indeed seem like a surer fit. Not certain about Denver. Seems like Rod Smith will never leave (or drop off in production) there.

I think the Bills should hold out for far more than a 4th or a second day draft pick for Moulds. I think folks are not assessing Moulds trade worth correctly if they simply are making a comparison of their assessment of his ability to their assessment of some other player's ability and how much he got in trade value.

A players trade value is set by supply and demand, not by some static assessment of his playing ability A merely slightly bove average WR is worth more than a great player at some other position if there are no other WRs available or if there are tons of options available at the other position

Form what I understand, though well into the backside of his career, Moulds is clearly the best WR available out there. With other high rep (though idiots players) WRs like TO and Keyshawn signed if a team feels it needs a solid vet WR then Moulds is the man.

Another item to factor into this is a team's sense of what the acquisition of a WR will mean for their production as a team. The Broncs fell just short of going to the SB last year, and part of their problem was the lack of a go to guy at WR. It is not determinative at all that Miami gave up only a 2nd rounder for a likely more productive player than Moulds. If Denver makes the asseassment that with Moulds rounding out their O they can get to the big dance then paying the Culpepper price (or even higher) for Moulds would be a smart thing to do.

Horn's 34, getting a little long in the tooth, and had an injury last year.  I'm not sure he'd get in the way if the Saints liked Moulds.  Again, I'm just speculating.  Philly does indeed seem like a surer fit.  Not certain about Denver.  Seems like Rod Smith will never leave (or drop off in production) there.

638802[/snapback]

Horn is still far and above better than Moulds. Still puts up great numbers.

Atlanta could be a nice choice as well.

Rod Smith is the man in Denver. The guy still can play better than Moulds. Come to think about it. Moulds is way overated. The game against the Pats was his best game in years. These other guys are consistantly throwing down 100 yard games with atleast a score.