3 way trade in NFL

Frez

Broncos | Team acquires No. 15 overall pick in Abraham trade

Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:58:39 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the New York Jets have traded DE John Abraham to the Atlanta Falcons as part of a three-way trade between the Jets, Falcons and the Denver Broncos. If the trade is approved, then the Falcons will have traded their first-round pick, No. 15 overall, to Denver, who in turn will trade their first-round pick, No. 29 overall, and two additional picks to Atlanta. Atlanta then sends the 29th pick to the Jets for Abraham. The Jets would receive a draft pick two slots higher in the first round than the Seattle Seahawks were able to offer.

Falcons | Abraham acquired in trade

Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:58:06 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the New York Jets have traded DE John Abraham to the Atlanta Falcons as part of a three-way trade between the Jets, Falcons and the Denver Broncos. If the trade is approved, then the Falcons will have traded their first-round pick, No. 15 overall, to Denver, who in turn will trade their first-round pick, No. 29 overall, and two additional picks to Atlanta. Atlanta then sends the 29th pick to the Jets for Abraham. The Jets would receive a draft pick two slots higher in the first round than the Seattle Seahawks were able to offer.

Jets | Abraham traded in three-team deal

Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:56:32 -0800

Has anyone checked the trade value in this deal? I did and Denver makes out like bandits

They traded the 29th pick plus thier 3rd round pick this year and next year's 4th round pick and received Atlanta's 1st round pick : #15

The Atlanta pick is worth way more than what Denver gave up - not to mention that the 4th round pick next year is from a poorer draft class and Denver will PROBABLY (ha ha) be a good team next year.

It still amazes me when teams devalue 1st round picks as much as they do.

Especially this year when it apears the draft is a VERY good draft class.

Has anyone checked the trade value in this deal? I did and Denver makes out like bandits

They traded the 29th pick plus thier 3rd round pick this year and next year's 4th round pick and received Atlanta's 1st round pick : #15

The Atlanta pick is worth way more than what Denver gave up - not to mention that the 4th round pick next year is from a poorer draft class and Denver will PROBABLY (ha ha) be a good team next year.

It still amazes me when teams devalue 1st round picks as much as they do.

Especially this year when it apears the draft is a VERY good draft class.

638610[/snapback]

I agree about Denver making out great in this trade. I think the Jets did well, too, all things considered. I don't know about teams undervaluing 1st round picks, though. I'd bet no more than 10 players from this year's 1st round turn out to be better players than Abraham, and yet he only fetches the 29th pick. Yes, there are cap reasons for wanting a rookie over a fifth year, but cap reasons are notoriously overstated.

So what happens to Denvers 22nd overall?

638856[/snapback]

It's still theirs -- for the time being. We heard all along that they wanted to move up in the first round. The question is: Was the move to 15 sufficient? Or are they eyeing an even higher pick -- and this move to get into the top 20 was just to better position them to move further into the top 10?