Keyshawn signed w/NYG for $2.8M per

Tom

I don't think the iggles are gonna be that good....until they trade us for E-Moulds

638164[/snapback]

Hear that every year about the Eagles. It's going to be fun when they face off vs the Cowboys.

Keyshawn is a joke, Id consider him a disappointment as a #1 overall.  How many truly good players play for 4 different teams.  Clearly Keyshawn is AND was....mostly hype.

638198[/snapback]

and yet it was Keyshawn who told EMoulds so many years ago to stay with the Bills as it better to stick with one team than go to another. Personally I'd welcome him if could be had at a lower price than Moulds. As despite playing 3 less games than Moulds, Keyshawn's overall numbers are better.

and yet it was Keyshawn who told EMoulds so many years ago to stay with the Bills as it better to stick with one team than go to another. Personally I'd welcome him if could be had at a lower price than Moulds. As despite playing 3 less games than Moulds, Keyshawn's overall numbers are better.

638231[/snapback]

Did he ever have a line and a quarterback? I've never defended players greed, but that is the system they work in and only those who choose to strive for a spot on a pro team get there. At least it used to be that way. Bottom line, Moulds has a contract that pays him X, ths year. He knew it, management knew it. Time to pay it, or not. We didn't make the deal, at least I didn't. I'm sure some poster or two did, but whatever. If you are hell bent on rearranging contracts to suit your 15 minute situation, don't sign contracts and then blame the contractee for that. Smarts go to both sides, of course Moulds knew this would be the year. He could talk to his agent, but the Bills are also wrong for signing it. They run the business, the burden is on them. I recall a lot of talk about Moulds being gone last year and the year before. Well, it's hit the cusp.

Did he ever have a line and a quarterback? I've never defended players greed, but that is the system they work in and only those who choose to strive for a spot on a pro team get there. At least it used to be that way. Bottom line, Moulds has a contract that pays him X, ths year. He knew it, management knew it. Time to pay it, or not. We didn't make the deal, at least I didn't. I'm sure some poster or two did, but whatever. If you are hell bent on rearranging contracts to suit your 15 minute situation, don't sign contracts and then blame the contractee for that. Smarts go to both sides, of course Moulds knew this would be the year. He could talk to his agent, but the Bills are also wrong for signing it. They run the business, the burden is on them. I recall a lot of talk about Moulds being gone last year and the year before. Well, it's hit the cusp.

638254[/snapback]

Sometimes, contracts are designed to force the team and the player to renegotiate at some point. Say you've got a deal that pays a player $2 million a year for four years, then $10 million for year #5. Everyone knows there's no way the player is seeing the $10 million. What's the advantage to this? For one thing, the team gets to spread the signing bonus out over five years instead of four. For another, the team gets the sole right to negotiate with the player after year four. But the player has power too, in that he can force his way out by refusing a paycut.

When Moulds' contract was signed, both sides had to know it wasn't very realistic for Moulds to expect $7 million a year during the waning years of his career.

638254[/snapback]

He's not the same player as he was then. Bills aren't the same team and the GM in't the same GM. Time to change the deal. Contracts these days assume no taper off in ability. Crazy but I'm sure it's no suprise to the average player. If the player gets better they EXPECT to renegotiate. Of corse these are guys with a (and necessarily so) somewhat distorted view of their own abilities.