2 more seasons of Simpsons

Chilly

:devil:

Homer may be dumb...but The Simpsons is not a dumb show. It's more intelligent than most of the stuff on the tube these days.

638081[/snapback]

The show used to be good, they have basically redone the episodes for the last 4 - 5 years. Same story, just different twists. I don't think I have actually watched it (not including repeats) in the last few years.

They should have quit when they were still going strong, (Seinfeld got out when the show was still awesome).

The show used to be good, they have basically redone the episodes for the last 4 - 5 years. Same story, just different twists. I don't think I have actually watched it (not including repeats) in the last few years.

Yeah, me too. Real good for a long while, some out and out laughs, but the last few years I might have caught half of an episode surfing.

The show used to be good, they have basically redone the episodes for the last 4 - 5 years.....I don't think I have actually watched it in the last few years.....They should have quit when they were still going strong

If you haven't watched it in the last few years, how do you know it's not good anymore? :devil:

I've continued to watch it over the years and the repeated accusations that it is no longer any good have no merit in my opinion. I still get a chuckle watching Homer be Homer and the writing is still solid.

I think a lot of y'all just got tired of it. Understandable after a couple hundred episodes but that doesn't mean it's no good anymore, just that you've moved on.

If you haven't watched it in the last few years, how do you know it's not good anymore?  :devil:

I've continued to watch it over the years and the repeated accusations that it is no longer any good have no merit in my opinion. I still get a chuckle watching Homer be Homer and the writing is still solid.

I think a lot of y'all just got tired of it. Understandable after a couple hundred episodes but that doesn't mean it's no good anymore, just that you've moved on.

638294[/snapback]

It's the same jokes. I have watched pieces, but can't watch the entire show anymore. Again, same jokes, different story line. Homer is still Homer, but how many times can you laugh at him getting drunk, oogleing a donut, saying Doh!, etc. Your saying it is still good writing is what I would call "you can't see the forest through the trees."

If you haven't watched it in the last few years, how do you know it's not good anymore?  :devil:

638294[/snapback]

Yeah, I have. I quit watching TV. I've watched episodes of some of the shows people talk about here, I just don't see the attraction. But, I'm a stick in the mud and like real entertainment. More so than what TV and internet sights tell me what entertainment is. I'm not sold that I have to like what they sell me. Just because they are TV, and I have to love what they choose for me. I've long since given up on TV news. There isn't any.

Yeah, I have. I quit watching TV. I've watched episodes of some of the shows people talk about here, I just don't see the attraction. But, I'm a stick in the mud and like real entertainment. More so than what TV and internet sights tell me what entertainment is. I'm not sold that I have to like what they sell me. Just because they are TV, and I have to love what they choose for me. I've long since given up on TV news. There isn't any.

638303[/snapback]

With the expansion of cable and satellite I think there's actually more good television than there's ever been. I now watch 3 shows regularly(Simpsons, Family Guy, Lost) which is more than I've ever watched at one time before. Of course with this expansion there is now also more garbage on than there ever has been before. I now don't watch the 2,743 other shows, which is also more than ever before.

I don't know if the few good shows are any better or if the many bad shows are any worse, it seems to me like there's just more of them.

Either way, pretty soon the sun will come out and it won't matter for the next 5-6 months.

Cya

Again, same jokes, different story line.  Homer is still Homer, but how many times can you laugh at him getting drunk, oogleing a donut, saying Doh!, etc.

638298[/snapback]

Sort of like real life for most people.

638294[/snapback]

If I had "moved on" then I probably wouldn't watch the old episodes in syndication from time to time. I never get tired of the Monorail episode, the Asteroid episode......basically Seasons 3-8 never get old to me.

The show changed. The writers ran out of ideas and the storylines just got weirder. Basically it became a parody of itself. The show used to have heart (off the top of my head: the flashback episodes where the kids were born (especially the Maggie one), the episode where Bart sells his soul, the one with Mr. Burns' bear).

If I had "moved on" then I probably wouldn't watch the old episodes in syndication from time to time.  I never get tired of the Monorail episode, the Asteroid episode......basically Seasons 3-8 never get old to me.

The show changed.  The writers ran out of ideas and the storylines just got weirder.  Basically it became a parody of itself.  The show used to have heart (off the top of my head: the flashback episodes where the kids were born (especially the Maggie one), the episode where Bart sells his soul, the one with Mr. Burns' bear).

638335[/snapback]

I laugh evertime I see Homer set the snare, and launch the rabbit into orbit. The raw humor is gone.

I still watch, but the show has been on the downhill slide the past few years. The episodes just keep getting more and more lame. I thought it was just me but I guess some of you agre, they are redoing old story lines. There is the odd part of an episode thats ok, and maybe a small handfull of good episodes a year, but those moments and episodes keep getting less and less every season.

The show was good, but it jumped the shark a long time ago (and for some reason it didn't involve Ted McGinnley) It is time for FOX to move on. It should have went out on top like Seinfeld. Now its just reaching.

They also signed King of the Hill on for another season which I think is a good thiung as the show has been pretty good the past few years and still looks like it can stay good.