Maybe i'm just being negative but....

5 Wide

Don't get me wrong I love the area and the people...but how do you sell the area and team to a free agent?

1) The team is much more disconnected with the proud tradition it once had and is mired in mediocrity or worse

2) While it seems adequate to us fans, the Stadium is one of the oldest in the league

3) While it is generally nice in the summer, Buffalo has a reputation for a less than tropical climate

4) We have taxes that tax our taxes around here that take significant chunks out of our comparably less significant checks..imagine the hit that an NFL player must consider

The culture and quality of life in the area is great and all those that leave miss "home". But how is this sold to someone who just comes into the region and is trying to decide between the rustbelt and the sunbelt.

Don't get me wrong I love the area and the people...but how do you sell the area and team to a free agent?

1) The team is much more disconnected with the proud tradition it once had and is mired in mediocrity or worse

2)  While it seems adequate to us fans, the Stadium is one of the oldest in the league

3)  While it is generally nice in the summer, Buffalo has a reputation for a less than tropical climate

4)  We have taxes that tax our taxes around here that take significant chunks out of our comparably less significant checks..imagine the hit that an NFL player must consider

The culture and quality of life in the area is great and all those that leave miss "home".  But how is this sold to someone who just comes into the region and is trying to decide between the rustbelt and the sunbelt.

637739[/snapback]

I will disagree with #1 just cause there is really no proof of that (I mean, we signed one of our best previous coaches to be the GM and bring us back to the glory days)

The stadium is old but the have recently done some major renovations to the workout facilities and the playing field to bring it up to date.

The weather is definitly something people might have to consider but they don't have to live in Buffalo all year round and lately we haven't seen major snowfall and deep cold until atleast January. But its the same here as going to GB, NY, NE and players still sign there

The taxes part could have a factor (I am assuming your talking sales taxes) but I can guarantee that overall it is still probably cheaper to buy something in Buffalo then in NYC or LA.

Buffalo is a small town atmosphere with die hard fans. It may attract some players who do not want to have to deal with the big media headaches that come along with playing in a big market like Dallas, NY, or LA

From a cost of living standpoint Buffalo is overall cheaper than most other cities...I live in California and can attest. I pay less tax on my home yes 1.13% but my home cost me $950,000. (In Orchard Park I could have done this home for maybe 450k.)

My car insurance in Buffalo was $70 a months for 2 cars. Here is is 201. Gas is 2.75 a gallon. Milk is 4.59 per gallon.

ect...ect...

Overall I pay around 50% more to live here....When I moved here my salary was adjusted 90% to compesate.

In the NFL they do not make these adjustments so Buffalo would be better.

1) The team is much more disconnected with the proud tradition it once had and is mired in mediocrity or worsePlayers go where they are paid the most

2)  While it seems adequate to us fans, the Stadium is one of the oldest in the leaguePlayers go where they are paid the most

3)  While it is generally nice in the summer, Buffalo has a reputation for a less than tropical climatePlayers go where they are paid the most

4)  We have taxes that tax our taxes around here that take significant chunks out of our comparably less significant checks..imagine the hit that an NFL player must considerPlayers go where they are paid the most, adjusting for taxes

The culture and quality of life in the area is great and all those that leave miss "home".  But how is this sold to someone who just comes into the region and is trying to decide between the rustbelt and the sunbelt.Players go where they are paid the most

637739[/snapback]

I suspect its pretty much all about the Benjamins. However depending on the position a player could be offered a chance to start when he hasn't gotten the opportunity elsewhere. If I were selling the bills I'd say look how free agents have prospered here, from Paup on to Adams, Fletcher and Spikes (unfortunate injury) If I'm Levy I point out that I got to the Superbowl a lot more than almost anyone they are dealing with. Its a hard sell, but we have some negotiating points. And then there is always the Benjamins.

i like buffalo . i have told the wife i would like to retire in that area .housing cost are a lot lower than this area .thinking of buying something when the apt. building sells in schenectady .

i like buffalo . i have told the wife i would like to retire in that area .housing cost are a lot lower than this area .thinking of buying something when the apt. building sells in schenectady .

637889[/snapback]

I live in sunny south florida, I was removed 18 years ago by the folks, and all my family still resides in Buffalo. I love that city, you can have all the dirtbags in florida, ill take my teds, wings and Labatts and be done with it. You cant get good pizza down here,its embarrassing. I LOVE BUFFALO !!!!!!!

What does Buffalo have to offer?

Well, The Dean and I just had 2 beefs, 2 pints of Molson Export, and 2 shots (one Crown, one Jaeger) - the combined tab?

$15.25  :P

637879[/snapback]

Now how can you post something like this without sharing the name of unsaid establishment?

2)  While it seems adequate to us fans, the Stadium is one of the oldest in the league

3)  While it is generally nice in the summer, Buffalo has a reputation for a less than tropical climate

4)  We have taxes that tax our taxes around here that take significant chunks out of our comparably less significant checks..imagine the hit that an NFL player must consider

The culture and quality of life in the area is great and all those that leave miss "home".  But how is this sold to someone who just comes into the region and is trying to decide between the rustbelt and the sunbelt.

637739[/snapback]

How about uncertain future of team .With the owner being close to ninety year`s old and no family ties to team.Man that Sux. :devil:

Given the FACTS that multiple FAs who had locations to choose from such as TKO, Sam Adams, Vincent, Milloy and even most of the middlin talent wooed, brought in for a visit and signed this year (the Skins wanted to resign Royal, Triplett had several suitors) it is simply untrue that this is not a desireable team for FAs.

In fact, rather than having to pay a premium to attract players, the Bills have historically been able to sign players at lower payments than other teams offered in some cases such as Sam Adams.

Folks pointing to tax rates and other issues seem to reflect more their own personal ideological hobby horses than anything based on a player specifically noting the issue or even a mere statistical correlation of the Bills being unable to reel in FAs.

The list above is only a short form of several real world examples of FAs coming here. If someone wants to say my theory that we are not at a significant disadvantage is wrong that is fine but at least back this random thought up with either some specific evidence or statistical correlation, These whiners cannot do so.

All that we need to offer is a position on a football team ........ a chance to play a significant role in building a winner ...... and a competitive salary.

Every thing else is just so much BS ......... these guys are football payers, they want to make a living playing football. There are a very limited number of openings, and very few players intend to actually live in the city that they play, so playing in a rust belt city is no big deal.

All that we need to offer is a position on a football team ........ a chance to play a significant role in building a winner ...... and a competitive salary.

Every thing else is just so much BS ......... these guys are football payers, they want to make a living playing football. There are a very limited number of openings, and very few players intend to actually live in the city that they play, so playing in a rust belt city is no big deal.

638088[/snapback]

So you're saying that if you had your pick of several locations around the country to work at location would have nothing to do with your decision? Um, okay.

Let's get back to reality. Weather, schools, taxes, entertainment, family, etc. all play a large part in people deciding where they want to work, be they football players or not. To think that these guys are simply going to sign with a team that pays them $1 more per year and that's all that matters is ridiculous.