Runyan visiting the J-E-T-S

-- Runyan Visiting Jets --

Tue Mar 21, 2006

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports the Eagles have spoken to OT Jon Runyan, but it's the New York Jets who will get a Long Island visit from the imposing right tackle today. Runyan, an unrestricted free agent, seemed only mildly encouraged about his conversations with the Eagles. "We're talking a little bit," he said yesterday after returning from a vacation in the Cayman Islands. "We just started the process." What exactly does that mean? "They returned my phone call," said Runyan, who is represented by agent Ben Dogra. "I guess something is better than nothing." Runyan, 32, said this is likely to be his last NFL contract, and it is clear that he would like to remain with the Eagles if the price is right. Barring that, he wants to remain as close to his Mount Laurel home as possible. "I think that's one of the biggest reasons we're starting up there" at the Jets' headquarters in Hempstead, N.Y., Runyan said. "We're trying to stay around here, but there are only so many teams around here." The Jets happen to be one of the teams in the market for a right tackle, after releasing OT Jason Fabini last month. The Dallas Cowboys signed Fabini on Saturday. Baltimore is another possible destination for Runyan if the 6-foot-7, 330-pound tackle wants to stay close to home.

quick....someone do a mapquest and find out how far it from Orchard Park to Mount Laurel.

Runyan said prior to his little vacation that he wasn't going to visit a team unless an offer was already on the table. So, either the Jests made an offer already, or Runyan had a change of heart when he realized Philly wasn't joking.

Either way, I hope his next stop is OBD.

quick....someone do a mapquest and find out how far it from Orchard Park to Mount Laurel.

637535[/snapback]

hasnt anybody learned that the philly media is a joke...............every single thing they have said has been wrong....just like lecharles bently was a done deal for them.....