little or no interest in julian peterson

he returned to play in 05, but was apparently noticeably slower. he was every bit as good as spikes before getting hurt. the niners cut him, and there's very little interest right now. anyway, it's getting me worried about spikes. as you may recall, spikes talked it up in late september about returning for the playoffs and definitely playing by mini-camp. now he's talking about being ready by september.

Dave,

Peterson just signed a 55 mil contract with the Seahawks...so I think the interest was there, just on the low.

In terms of Takeo, I think it'd be better for him to take as long as he needs - if it's mini camp, if it's september. That way he reduces the risk of re-injury and will be able to go out on the field and digest the plays without going nuts.

he returned to play in 05, but was apparently noticeably slower.  he was every bit as good as spikes before getting hurt.  the niners cut him, and there's very little interest right now. anyway, it's getting me worried about spikes. as you may recall, spikes talked it up in late september about returning for the playoffs and definitely playing by mini-camp. now he's talking about being ready by september.

637354[/snapback]

Actually, Peterson had a very strong season with the Niners, but was up for unrestricted free agency this offseason...he didnt get cut. He said he wanted out of the Niners organization and just signed an uber-deal with the Seahawks.

Speaking of FAs not getting any love though, I'm amazed that Charlie Woodson hasnt even been brought in for a visit by anyone. Looks like his injuries really are scaring teams away.

Dave,

Peterson just signed a 55 mil contract with the Seahawks...so I think the interest was there, just on the low.

In terms of Takeo, I think it'd be better for him to take as long as he needs - if it's mini camp, if it's september. That way he reduces the risk of re-injury and will be able to go out on the field and digest the plays without going nuts.

637360[/snapback]

Good point, and it's not like we'll be challenging for the playoffs this year or anything, so all the more reason to take it easy and make sure it's right. Someone needs to make sure that Spikes considers the long term before trying to prove what a warrior he is at the expense of it.

Actually, Peterson had a very strong season with the Niners, but was up for unrestricted free agency this offseason...he didnt get cut.  He said he wanted out of the Niners organization and just signed an uber-deal with the Seahawks.

Speaking of FAs not getting any love though, I'm amazed that Charlie Woodson hasnt even been brought in for a visit by anyone.  Looks like his injuries really are scaring teams away.

637361[/snapback]

aagh! you're both right. my apologies. it apparently just happened. well, it makes me feel better about spikes.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews...rs/14149541.htm

the article does say this, though:

Peterson, 27, made the All-Pro team in 2003 and seemed on the verge of elite status before suffering a ruptured Achilles tendon early in 2004. He played well last season, with 87 tackles and three sacks, but lacked the quickness and ferocity he demonstrated before the injury.

Actually, Peterson had a very strong season with the Niners, but was up for unrestricted free agency this offseason...he didnt get cut.  He said he wanted out of the Niners organization and just signed an uber-deal with the Seahawks.

Speaking of FAs not getting any love though, I'm amazed that Charlie Woodson hasnt even been brought in for a visit by anyone.  Looks like his injuries really are scaring teams away.

637361[/snapback]

the thing about woodson is that he gets hurt a lot -- practically every year lately, it seems.

the article does say this, though:

Peterson, 27, made the All-Pro team in 2003 and seemed on the verge of elite status before suffering a ruptured Achilles tendon early in 2004. He played well last season, with 87 tackles and three sacks, but lacked the quickness and ferocity he demonstrated before the injury.

637367[/snapback]

I have my doubts that we'll ever see the old Spikes back, but he was so good before the injury that he still should be a very good LB. I'm not too worried about him. Of course it's all moot if we can't get the help up front that we need.

637361[/snapback]

Also, where are all those people who were talking about trading Nate Clements

for a 1st round pick.....

Nate Clements is not going to get much interest from the FA market and will

sign a long term deal with the Bills with the Bills having the upper-hand.

the thing about woodson is that he gets hurt a lot -- practically every year lately, it seems.

637371[/snapback]

Plus he wants the big contract...especiallyafter having collected close to 18M

from the raiders in the last 2 years...

he returned to play in 05, but was apparently noticeably slower.  he was every bit as good as spikes before getting hurt.  the niners cut him, and there's very little interest right now. anyway, it's getting me worried about spikes. as you may recall, spikes talked it up in late september about returning for the playoffs and definitely playing by mini-camp. now he's talking about being ready by september.

637354[/snapback]

Just like Cowart, TKO will never be the same guy again. :P

TKO may come back and be around the same as he was before the injury. It all depends on the person and their determination to get back to that point. Look at McGahee, he came back from a possible career ending injury to play at a high level just to prove people wrong about him.

TKO seems like the kind of guy that is determined to come back stronger then ever from this injury to prove doubters wrong, I doubt he is going to just sit back and take his rehabbing easy and come back just to collect a paycheck.