Man shoots, kills boy for...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

to an italian a healthy diet is pasta every day with at least 3-4 glasses of wine.  i'm literally sick of it

638053[/snapback]

I got that. I thought it was a pasta course every day. I've seen Goodfellas.

No different than growing up Polish with that potato and cabbage fixation.

Old country cooking = cheap food. Not that it isn't delicious. But most of our European ancestors didn't come here because stuff was going well in Europe, they came here because they were poor.

I got that. I thought it was a pasta course every day. I've seen Goodfellas.

No different than growing up Polish with that potato and cabbage fixation.

Old country cooking = cheap food. Not that it isn't delicious. But most of our European ancestors didn't come here because stuff was going well in Europe, they came here because they were poor.

638064[/snapback]

well my family was not poor but not rich either. unemployment was very high though and my dad had no choice but to move here after he got married. thing is with the little he had, not even speaking any of the official languages managed to raise 4 kids better off than most of the people who were from here. sh-- is the same now, when i visited. Most who live in the town im from have a farm, or sent their kids to the north to study.

638064[/snapback]

Ain't that the truth. My friend's grandmother said it best a few St. Patty's Days ago as we prayed over our corned beef & cabbage: "Dear Lord, Thank you for giving our ancestors the good sense to come to America so that we would not have to eat this stuff every damn night."

Ain't that the truth.  My friend's grandmother said it best a few St. Patty's Days ago as we prayed over our corned beef & cabbage:  "Dear Lord, Thank you for giving our ancestors the good sense to come to America so that we would not have to eat this stuff every damn night."

638073[/snapback]

That would be a good prayer if they ate corned beef and cabbage in Ireland. They don't.

That would be a good prayer if they ate corned beef and cabbage in Ireland. They don't.

638106[/snapback]

Okay, how about: "Dear Lord, thank you that we're alive since we're decended from idiots that suffered from a potato famine. I mean, a potato famine? WTF!?!? Ireland is an island for cryin' out loud. By definition an island is surrounded by fish. Thank you, you absentee landlord."

Better?

:devil:

"I think there's a great deal of shock, for two reasons: because of the age of the victim and just how this occurred, killed over some grass," Gaviglia said.

And this is why pot should remain illegal. :devil:

Did the guy over-react? maybe, maybe not.

Was the kid a punk? maybe, maybe not.

Could he have fired a warning shot? perhaps.

Did the kids and their parents push this guy to the edge? Sounds likely.

So many questions. All we know for sure is that if this guy goes free before he dies, no one will EVER walk on his lawn again.

So, was he really wrong?

Thats one way to solve a problem. This story reminds me of a associate of mine. We played horse shoes went to some heavy drinkin pool halls hung out here and there. Decent guy untill he drank past his limit then he got beligerent with the mouth, you have to be careful with certain people. He was tough guy and could fight. Except these certain people followed him home and broke his arm and cracked his head with a bat. After he woke up he walked to my house and knocked on the door, I turned on the light answered the door and there he is blood flowing out of the nasty laseration in his forehead and his left hand resting on the left elbow, forearm shattered in half. First thing I said, learn your lesson.

Did the guy over-react? maybe, maybe not.

Was the kid a punk? maybe, maybe not.

Could he have fired a warning shot? perhaps.

Did the kids and their parents push this guy to the edge? Sounds likely.

So many questions. All we know for sure is that if this guy goes free before he dies, no one will EVER walk on his lawn again.

So, was he really wrong?

638379[/snapback]

did the guy over-react? yes, definately

was the kid a punk? no idea, never met him.

could he have fired a warning shot? yes since the kid would have gotten scared and got the hell out of there.

did the kids and their parents push this guy to the edge? well i've been pushed to the edge a few times and i never resorted to taking a gun and shooting someone.

One thing we do know is that this guy is going to jail forever and a kid lost a life. I have 3 nephews, sometimes they do sh-- they shouldn't do and obviously since they are children, if this had been one of my nephews, i'd go to jail to make the guy suffer.

sorry stuckincincy, i have always respected what you say since you're a stand up guy but in this situation, i think you're wrong.

Thats one way to solve a problem. This story reminds me of a associate of mine. We played horse shoes went to some heavy drinkin pool halls hung out here and there. Decent guy untill he drank past his limit then he got beligerent with the mouth, you have to be careful with certain people. He was tough guy and could fight. Except these certain people followed him home and broke his arm and cracked his head with a bat. After he woke up he walked to my house and knocked on the door, I turned on the light answered the door and there he is blood flowing out of the nasty laseration in his forehead and his left hand resting on the left elbow, forearm shattered in half. First thing I said, learn your lesson.

638427[/snapback]

there's a difference. your friend was an adult, and he's still alive.

So this guy, a veteren who lives alone and takes pride in his property and his surroundings, should have to live with kids in his neighborhood DESTROYING the things he treasures because they think its stupid. He called the police many times to report his property was being damaged. Why was it being damaged, because he took pride in it and wanted it nice and other felt they had the right to destoy it.

These kids (and parents) had the cops called on them to try and prevent them from doing this and yet they continued to show no respect for his property.

Now the guy snaps and kills one of the snot nose punks and he's a monster. Screw that, treating people like sh-- can have consequences. Sometimes people can be pushed too far.

If these kids or there parents would have put a stop to this, it never would have got this far.

Flame away

637794[/snapback]

I understand the dynamic. If the parents knew about this and did nothing, it is unfortunate this guy didn't pick them off first. What's worse these days, the parents or the kids?

:P  :devil: its a win win thing  :D

637908[/snapback]

And to top it all off...a defense lawyer is going to make a shitload of money, a civil attorney will make a bundle getting the old guys assets, an entertainment lawyer will get his percentage on the TV movie....Isn't life great? ;):D

And to top it all off...a defense lawyer is going to make a shitload of money, a civil attorney will make a bundle getting the old guys assets, an entertainment lawyer will get his percentage on the TV movie....Isn't life great?  :P  :devil:

638629[/snapback]

Snakes on the Lawn?

Okay, how about:  "Dear Lord, thank you that we're alive since we're decended from idiots that suffered from a potato famine.  I mean, a potato famine?  WTF!?!?  Ireland is an island for cryin' out loud.  By definition an island is surrounded by fish.  Thank you, you absentee landlord."

Better?

:P

638342[/snapback]

It is an improvement I guess :devil:, But you forgot to say Amen.

Okay, how about:  "Dear Lord, thank you that we're alive since we're decended from idiots that suffered from a potato famine.  I mean, a potato famine?  WTF!?!?  Ireland is an island for cryin' out loud.  By definition an island is surrounded by fish.  Thank you, you absentee landlord."

Better?

:P

638342[/snapback]

Potatoe! Friggin Mick can't even speel. :devil: