You guys make me laugh...

Bowen who started for Washington and was very productive until he got injured.

Nall, who sat behind one of the greatest qbs ever.

Tripplet, who basically was a starter on a very good Indy defense.

Royal (which is the one I'm most unsure about), was basically a starter for Washington.  His blocking can be a huge asset to our line.

637670[/snapback]

WHOA there. I love how people try to act like fans can't tell good players from bad. LOL Absolutely hilarious. TD seemed to have a hard time telling good from bad. Does that make him a fan? Well yeah, thank god, it actually kind of does. It's football, not brain surgery. But I digress.....let's take the same descripitions for the above players and use facts, not opinion.......

Bowen, who started for Washington, got hurt, and was let go as Washington felt the needed to go out and sign free agents to take his place. If he was so productive, why were the Skins willing to part with him?

Nall, who sat behind one of the greatest QB's off all time, and whose same team went out and drafted another QB in the first round of the draft as their heir to Favre. How good could he have been? This guy had to transfer to a crappy school just to get playing time his senior year in college. Let's be realistic with this guy. He is 3rd string fodder.

Triplett, who was indeed a full time starter in Indy until they came to the conclusion that they needed Corey Simon as a run stopper on their defense to make them a legit super bowl contender. Triplett was forced out of a starting role because he sucks against the run. What were the Bills against the run last season? Ummm yeah, kind of troubling.

And Royal. LOL Big Bob Royal. By all indications his blocking seems to be above average which is good. He single handedly cost Washington a win last year, and had the dropsies to the point where they stopped throwing to him. That's actually when Cooley turned into a pass catching fool. Maybe Royal can help block, but here's a novel idea, how about going out and getting a lineman for god's sake.

I respect your opinion and concur that we definitely need linemen, but you don't think Marv realizes this?  He tried signing Wells; unfortunately, the Cards matched.  I liked Bentley alot, but he signed for a lot of money.  If the Bills some how get Neal, I think a lot of us would feel a lot better.  You can already see how active we are in trying to sign d-linemen.  Plus, there is a little thing called the draft coming up.  So there is time.  A dynasty was not built in a day.

637691[/snapback]

I hope Marv realizes this. I'm not sure. It definately wasn't his frist priority and that's a little scary to me. Active for D-Lineman? Why tried to get one starter, and he went somewhere else.

I'm not confident in the Bills direction anymore....but I think alot of that has to do with Tom Donahoe. I think all of us want to believe in Marv, so we are going to give him time. However, at this point, it looks like we are still directionless.

At least we know Marv is a Buffalo Bill at heart, so, we can depend on him trying to do whatever he can to right this sinking ship.

Instead we are getting quantity, and not necessarily quality.  What good is so much depth, when your starters above the "depth" actually suck too?

637681[/snapback]

The Bills have some VERY DEEP holes to fill, so quantity may be required.

He is getting value players. Guys that have lots of potential for a cheap cost. Will all of the deals pan out like we hope, probably not all of them, but if one doesn't work out, it is not that big of a loss cause they weren't that expensive. I'd rather have a bunch of guys to chose from that might be a little underated or have potential then a couple Bennie Andersons filling some holes

waaahhhhh waaaaaahhhh......something about doors not hitting you on the ass on the way out comes to mind. Don't panic. Big names, little names, high motor, character and all that are just phrases. Football players who can play and win are what we are looking for and hopefully that's what Marv will get.

I hope Marv realizes this.  I'm not sure.  It definately wasn't his frist priority and that's a little scary to me.  Active for D-Lineman?  Why tried to get one starter, and he went somewhere else. 

I'm not confident in the Bills direction anymore....but I think alot of that has to do with Tom Donahoe.  I think all of us want to believe in Marv, so we are going to give him time.  However, at this point, it looks like we are still directionless.

At least we know Marv is a Buffalo Bill at heart, so, we can depend on him trying to do whatever he can to right this sinking ship.

637718[/snapback]

We tried to get a starter for the DL that went elsewhere, and signed another that will be a starter.

The team has direction, and that is to be a young up and coming hard working football team. A team with character that plays like a team. The problem is that no one is willing to give Marv the chance cause he is not making the splashy big name moves that Donahoe made that supposedly will make us instant winners.

We tried to get a starter for the DL that went elsewhere, and signed another that will be a starter.

The team has direction, and that is to be a young up and coming hard working football team. A team with character that plays like a team. The problem is that no one is willing to give Marv the chance cause he is not making the splashy big name moves that Donahoe made that supposedly will make us instant winners.

637729[/snapback]

Indeed. The club has IMO signed a good number of FA's already. Hopefully, they will help.

I suppose signing "names" has some appeal - at least to the guy who doesn't have to sign the checks. :P

The old adage, "Nothing is impossible for the man who doesn't have to do it" seems to be in good working order...

WHOA there.  I love how people try to act like fans can't tell good players from bad.  LOL  Absolutely hilarious.  TD seemed to have a hard time telling good from bad.  Does that make him a fan?  Well yeah, thank god, it actually kind of does.  It's football, not brain surgery.  But I digress.....let's take the same descripitions for the above players and use facts, not opinion.......

Bowen, who started for Washington, got hurt, and was let go as Washington felt the needed to go out and sign free agents to take his place.  If he was so productive, why were the Skins willing to part with him?

Nall, who sat behind one of the greatest QB's off all time, and whose same team went out and drafted another QB in the first round of the draft as their heir to Favre.  How good could he have been?  This guy had to transfer to a crappy school just to get playing time his senior year in college.  Let's be realistic with this guy.  He is 3rd string fodder.

Triplett, who was indeed a full time starter in Indy until they came to the conclusion that they needed Corey Simon as a run stopper on their defense to make them a legit super bowl contender.  Triplett was forced out of a starting role because he sucks against the run.  What were the Bills against the run last season?  Ummm yeah, kind of troubling.

And Royal.  LOL  Big Bob Royal.  By all indications his blocking seems to be above average which is good.  He single handedly cost Washington a win last year, and had the dropsies to the point where they stopped throwing to him.  That's actually when Cooley turned into a pass catching fool.  Maybe Royal can help block, but here's a novel idea, how about going out and getting a lineman for god's sake.

637712[/snapback]

OK they didnt make huge impacts where they played last year. The Bills picked up Lofton when another team no longer had them in the plans, same with Art Still and they where both free agents because they where cut. We cut Bryce Fisher few years ago, and he is a pass rushing stud now. Players develop, or pick up systems more suited to their needs. I still dont buy into getting high priced Free Agents Unless you need that one player to go over the top. I am glad we did not pay 8 million for a center who wasnt wanted back by a team who went and aquired a "franchise" QB. The problem facing the Bills is bad drafting for the last decade. You have to draft your team and add complementary players through free agency. Occasionally a player that is too good to pass up comes along, like a TKO but mostly they hurt the team they left more then the team they are going to. I am not saying that everything the Bills touch will turn to Gold, but I appreciate the fact it appears that a plan is in place and being followed. I am not saying it is a great plan, but atleast OBD looks to have direction and leadership. Lets give the team two years and then if they are still as bad as they are now I will give in and ask for a new direction, but until then I will give solice that we have direction.