NFL history indicates our Bills are still OK

IndyMark

I mean, recent history indicates that the NFL season usually does not end up as it starts out. So why does there exist so much negativity about the Bills season so far? And why are some "fans/journalists" making so many absolute statements about this player and that GM and blah, blah, blah about the Bills so early in the year?

Yea, I know I know they are 0-2, but it actually could be worse (like not having been "in" either game). But really, it is only 0-2 and it is still September.

When was the last time a team made the playoffs in September?

I am no historian but I vividly recall being mislead about every season with teams that start out "hot" and basically crap out when it counts or visa versa.

I am thinking about:

(a) The 2003 Patriots (start 0-2 and then.....)

(B) The 2003 Chiefs start, what 8-0, and do not even show up in the playoffs

© The 2003 Vikings start strong and miss the playoffs

(d) Did not the Jets in the late 80's or early 90's start strong and miss the playoffs and then start weak and make the playoffs

(e) the 2002 Bears

Again, this is surely open for debate. But I have not visited here lately and I am finding this board is like a TV soap opera. You can not watch it for an entire year and really not miss a thing. The same posters, the same "logic", the same absolutes and generalities, the same "I told you so", chest thumping, etc.

But hey, no one is making me visit here right? (just to acknowledge any other sarcastic poster who thinks their clever enough to state "If you do not like blah blah blah blah blah......)

It's not so much that were 0-2. It's how we got to 0-2. The offense looks like s@#t! Just like last year. That's what makes us so nervous about this season. If we would've lost both games with scores like 35-31 or 28-21 I'd feel much better because I KNOW the defense can play better than that! But when the Offense struggles like they have the past 1 and a half seasons and the O-line continues to suck, that concerns me.

It's not so much that were 0-2. It's how we got to 0-2. The offense looks like s@#t! Just like last year. That's what makes us so nervous about this season. If we would've lost both games with scores like 35-31 or 28-21 I'd feel much better because I KNOW the defense can play better than that! But when the Offense struggles like they have the past 1 and a half seasons and the O-line continues to suck, that concerns me.

46740[/snapback]

You'd feel much better having no defense??

Were 0-2 in two games that with a couple of corrected mistakes we'd be 2-0....

We got a power run offense, that has yet to be able to run....We've played a couple tough fronts so far....

In the next couple weeks we play NE&NYJ...two of the weaker run defenses in the league....Our offense will run better, with a better flow with a solid run attack.....If our Defense keeps it up(bend but dont break), we will win these two games....

I mean, recent history indicates that the NFL season usually does not end up as it starts out.  So why does there exist so much negativity about the Bills season so far?  And why are some "fans/journalists" making so many absolute statements about this player and that GM and blah, blah, blah about the Bills so early in the year?

Yea, I know I know they are 0-2, but it actually could be worse (like not having been "in" either game).  But really, it is only 0-2 and it is still September.

When was the last time a team made the playoffs in September?

I am no historian but I vividly recall being mislead about every season with teams that start out "hot" and basically crap out when it counts or visa versa.

I am thinking about:

(a) The 2003 Patriots (start 0-2 and then.....)

(B) The 2003 Chiefs start, what 8-0, and do not even show up in the playoffs

© The 2003 Vikings start strong and miss the playoffs

(d) Did not the Jets in the late 80's or early 90's start strong and miss the playoffs and then start weak and make the playoffs

(e) the 2002 Bears

Again, this is surely open for debate.  But I have not visited here lately and I am finding this board is like a TV soap opera.  You can not watch it for an entire year and really not miss a thing.  The same posters, the same "logic", the same absolutes and generalities, the same "I told you so", chest thumping, etc.

But hey, no one is making me visit here right? (just to acknowledge any other sarcastic poster who thinks their clever enough to state "If you do not like blah blah blah blah blah......)

46702[/snapback]

Were 0-2.... ...a whole new coaching staff.....a line that can`t block...a qb who can`t move(or think)... a rotten FG kicker....not so bright special teamers ...we still have a huge problem with 3rd and longs...greasy fingers...the referee jinks....the penalty curse... and were playing the SB champions next week........nothing to get to concerned about...........Im setting my violin down now.Oh, we do have two things that are good for us ...we play at home and Moorman.