Buh-Bye Joey

ACor58

WTF is this little comment? Is Marinelli taking a page from the mike mularkey school of talkign to the press?

Although he declined to say whether Harrington had been released, coach Rod Marinelli told reporters Monday: "We've made a decision to move on."

"At this moment, he's not with us," Marinelli said. "That's been my decision."

In the article from Fox Sports (i think it was fox sports) It says he pissed off the team when he was paying attention or drawing the plays during a meeting the team held with Martz and that is one of the resons they went after Kitna and McCown

636484[/snapback]

Joey Harrington — Honestly, how clueless can you be? According to the Detroit News, Harrington sabotaged a Mike Martz orientation by not paying attention or drawing plays. As a result, the Lions signed Jon Kitna and brilliantly picked up Josh McCown, who was encouraged to go to Detroit on the advice of former teammate Kurt Warner. McCown is ripe for overachievement (perhaps the next Jake Delhomme) with Martz and multiple downfield weapons. And the Lions finally ditched Harrington on Monday. If Joey needs help packing, I am sure I can find thousands of Lions fans willing to lend a hand.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5427756

Joey Harrington — Honestly, how clueless can you be? According to the Detroit News, Harrington sabotaged a Mike Martz orientation by not paying attention or drawing plays.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5427756

636514[/snapback]

Kind of sounds like Billy Joe Hobart when Marv was here and he did not even study the playbook.

Id TOTALLY pass on Joey Harrington if I am the Bills. Ill wish for the days of Rob Johnson if JH is brought to Buffalo.

I love this line, could Kurt be afraid of a little competition that he wanted the young kid gone?

636520[/snapback]

Could be, but Warner also signed a big extension that assured him the starting role. I think he knows what Martz can do for a QBs career first hand.

Harrington is a freakin idiot.

Could be, but Warner also signed a big extension that assured him the starting role. I think he knows what Martz can do for a QBs career first hand.

636526[/snapback]

True, but signing to a multi year contract didn't stop the Giants from going with Eli instead. I think Warner knows that there are very few teams left that would be willing to bring him in and name him starter that he may have gotten a little scarred about having a young kid with potential behind him again.

636526[/snapback]

Actually, no. He's actually a very intelligent guy.

The Lions needed to go in another direction because Joey Harrington was not going to save their dysfunctional and inept franchise. He had become the fans whipping post because of it. Last time I checked the QB isn't in charge of filling the holes in the parking lot nor does he handle contracts, the draft, or assemble all the other talent on the field needed to win.

The Lions fans are in for a tasty treat. The scrap heap recycle projects Millen has brought in are surely going to put them right in the Super Bowl. :devil:

Actually, no.  He's actually a very intelligent guy.

The Lions needed to go in another direction because Joey Harrington was not going to save their dysfunctional and inept franchise. He had become the fans whipping post because of it.  Last time I checked the QB isn't in charge of filling the holes in the parking lot nor does he handle contracts, the draft, or assemble all the other talent on the field needed to win.

The Lions fans are in for a tasty treat.  The scrap heap recycle projects Millen has brought in are surely going to put them right in the Super Bowl.  :devil:

637261[/snapback]

Harrington was never a Detroit type guy...he plays the piano, like classical music, etc. Not you typical blue collar Detroit person. I think he still has skills and may do well with a change of scenery. Millen is running that franchise into the ground and Harrington got blamed for it. Sure he had receivers, but never had an o-line. It's risky, but the payoff could be big. I concede we don't know what we have in Losman, but Holcomb is, at best, a temporary answer.

I agree with Mug...Harrington got a bad rap.