Interesting article on the 2002 draft and how bad

ACor58

Lenny P Tip sheet.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...ht&lid=tab5pos1

Pretty interesting, as the draft was filled with a lot of "mistakes" that year.

635872[/snapback]

Good post/article.

Sadly, it was reported that TD was decided on either Williams or Harrington, the 2 biggest busts.

Also, as bad as that draft was, a few teams really did help themselves....the Bengals, and of course TD'd ex-team, the Steelers.

I am still trying to figure out how/why he did such a good job drafting players there, and was so lousy here. ;)

I am still trying to figure out how/why he did such a good job drafting players there, and was so lousy here.  ;)

635918[/snapback]

You have to wonder how much input Cowher had when drafting players, which could have led to their falling out. Cowher is essentially the GM / Coach now and has continued to produce strong drafts for Pitt.

I am still trying to figure out how/why he did such a good job drafting players there, and was so lousy here.  ;)

635918[/snapback]

Most of the Steelers team that won the last Super Bowl was assembled after Donahoe was thrown out of Pittsburgh.

In other words, maybe Bill Cowher had (and obviously still has) a thing or two to do with it.

Most of the Steelers team that won the last Super Bowl was assembled after Donahoe was thrown out of Pittsburgh.

In other words, maybe Bill Cowher had (and obviously still has) a thing or two to do with it.

635927[/snapback]

Maybe so, but although TD took the Bills job in 2001, many TD draftees remain with the team. Some such as Porter, Faneca, Ward, and Smith are still stars.

Steelers Draft History

Maybe so, but although TD took the Bills job in 2001, many TD draftees remain with the team, some such as Porter, Faneca, Ward, and Smith are still stars.

Steelers Draft History

635937[/snapback]

I didn't say "all". I said most. The overwhelming majority of the roster came to Pittsburgh while Donahoe was running things in Buffalo. There are a few holdovers from before, sure.