DT Monsato Pope to Visit Monday

so tell me Joe...how have the Redskins done the last few years bringing in all that "established talent"?

636090[/snapback]

Last I checked, they made the playoffs last year.

Unlike the Bills who legitimately haven't sniffed the playoffs in the better part of a decade.

Last I checked, they made the playoffs last year.

Unlike the Bills who legitimately haven't sniffed the playoffs in the better part of a decade.

636093[/snapback]

Actually the sniffed the playoffs in 2004 if you remember back that far. The came within one game of making the playoffs if they didn't choke against Pittsburgh third stringers.

Adds to the new spiritual feel of the Bills.  Add a Mohammed, and we've got the 3 descendants of Abraham covered.

636102[/snapback]

Now what if the bills made a deal with the jets for Abraham, That would really add to the spiritual feel of the Bills.

Maybe that should be the thing with the bills this year, a UN theme (Isreal, London, Paris, bring back Germany) and a Spiritual theme (Pope, trade for Abraham)

Actually the sniffed the playoffs in 2004 if you remember back that far. The came within one game of making the playoffs if they didn't choke against Pittsburgh third stringers.

636126[/snapback]

That was a fraud and you know it.

They made a run beating powerhouses like San Francisco. As soon as they faced real competition, they folded up like a paper napkin.

That was a fraud and you know it.

They made a run beating powerhouses like San Francisco. As soon as they faced real competition, they folded up like a paper napkin.

636145[/snapback]

It was a fraud? The Bills came within one game of making it into the playoffs but its a fraud because they beat teams that weren't playoff contendors to do it?

So shouldn't a team that plays in a weak division not be aloud in the playoffs cause it gets to face easier teams during the season? The Bills still had a chance at making the playoffs and yes they blew it, but they still were in the race til the last game.

But I guess since it doesn't work with your Bills bashing doom and gloom theory we should just forget about it.

It was a fraud? The Bills came within one game of making it into the playoffs but its a fraud because they beat teams that weren't playoff contendors to do it?

So shouldn't a team that plays in a weak division not be aloud in the playoffs cause it gets to face easier teams during the season? The Bills still had a chance at making the playoffs and yes they blew it, but they still were in the race til the last game.

But I guess since it doesn't work with your Bills bashing doom and gloom theory we should just forget about it.

636515[/snapback]

Man you really nailed that one. Nothing to add here...

JSP you are out of control these days! :lol:

Wait, wasn't it like this last off-season too?

636515[/snapback]

Again, anyone can beat up on the sisters of the poor. Huzzah for us. But our team was exposed for what it was against the SECOND AND THIRD STRINGERS of a real team when they needed a win the most.

Maybe in your rosy little world, that's OK. Not in mine.

Call me when the Bilsl win a playoff game. I'll bet it's not in the next three to five seasons. And that, my friend, would make it 15 years without a playoff win. Bengal-esque.

So, while you may be satisfied with Robert Royal and Josh Reed on the field, I won't be. I want my team to compete. I want the Bills to be able to hang with the Pats and Fish. Think that's gonna happen?

Man you really nailed that one. Nothing to add here...

JSP you are out of control these days!  :lol:

Wait, wasn't it like this last off-season too?

636530[/snapback]

Yeah. And I was right then, too. 5-11 proves it.

Until this team is SERIOUS about getting an offensive line, it will continue to lose and lose badly. The RBs will continue to struggle. The QBs will continue to look like shiat. Everyone will continue to rip receivers for "not getting open." Since the day that Kelly got carted off the field, the OL has been a joke and actually gotten worse over that span because management has REFUSED to spend top dollar on OL talent.

The one guy we had on the OL who made the pro bowl consistently got cut.

But hey, Midget WRs and has-been or wanna-be Qbs sell jerseys, so Ralph with all his "input" is gonna keep us riding the train to lnong-term mediocrity. Of that I have no doubt.

Other teams in our division see needs and address them. The bills see needs and ignore them. How very WNY.

So, while you may be satisfied with Robert Royal and Josh Reed on the field, I won't be. I want my team to compete. I want the Bills to be able to hang with the Pats and Fish. Think that's gonna happen?

636540[/snapback]

Good,

Then its settled, I will stay a Bills fan and Support them, While you go and become a Dolphins or Patriots fan.

See ya, You won't be missed

Good,

Then its settled, I will stay a Bills fan and Support them, While you go and become a Dolphins or Patriots fan.

See ya, You won't be missed

636555[/snapback]

!@#$ off.

I've probably been a Bills fan longer than you've been alive. Go ahead, keep putting money in Ralph's pocket so he can continue to feed you the pablum of 5-11 to 7-9. Good for you, have fun with that. Until he's no longer in the picture, I won't buy a jersey or a ticket or anything else that puts a dime in his pocket.

I suppose that makes me a bad fan in your righteous view. Too bad I don't give a sh-- what you or anyone else thinks.

Yeah. And I was right then, too. 5-11 proves it.

Until this team is SERIOUS about getting an offensive line, it will continue to lose and lose badly. The RBs will continue to struggle. The QBs will continue to look like shiat. Everyone will continue to rip receivers for "not getting open." Since the day that Kelly got carted off the field, the OL has been a joke and actually gotten worse over that span because management has REFUSED to spend top dollar on OL talent.

The one guy we had on the OL who made the pro bowl consistently got cut.

But hey, Midget WRs and has-been or wanna-be Qbs sell jerseys, so Ralph with all his "input" is gonna keep us riding the train to lnong-term mediocrity. Of that I have no doubt.

Other teams in our division see needs and address them. The bills see needs and ignore them. How very WNY.

636550[/snapback]

I agree 100% about the O-line BTW, just don't agree for example that there was any way for us to pick up a guy who already knew where he wanted to go (Bentley) or a guy who's contract offer would count 13 mil against in year 1 (hutch). The 2006 plan is a work in progress, plus realistically we all knew already that we're not going to quite be true competitors this season, no? Lots of turnover amongst players and staff usually takes til atleast the 2nd year no?

I agree 100% about the O-line BTW, just don't agree for example that there was any way for us to pick up a guy who already knew where he wanted to go (Bentley) or a guy who's contract offer would count 13 mil against in year 1 (hutch). The 2006 plan is a work in progress, plus realistically we all knew already that we're not going to quite be true competitors this season, no? Lots of turnover amongst players and staff usually takes til atleast the 2nd year no?

636565[/snapback]

Try more like 3-5 before we field a *competitive* team. That's my honest opinion. Note I didn't say winning. I'm just talking about a team that can compete with a reasonable shot at winning on any given Sunday.

The way I see it, we havelittle to no pass rush or run stopping with our front four. Our run game and pass protection is horrible. Those are going to take a LONG time to fix, indeed, they've been in a state of disrepair since, oh, 1996 or so.

Question is, how many empty seats will you start to see in the third year of this third consecutive "rebuilding" project?

Try more like 3-5 before we field a *competitive* team. That's my honest opinion. Note I didn't say winning. I'm just talking about a team that can compete with a reasonable shot at winning on any given Sunday.

The way I see it, we havelittle to no pass rush or run stopping with our front four. Our run game and pass protection is horrible. Those are going to take a LONG time to fix, indeed, they've been in a state of disrepair since, oh, 1996 or so.

Question is, how many empty seats will you start to see in the third year of this third consecutive "rebuilding" project?

636571[/snapback]

3-5 is too long IMO in today's NFL. Isn't that why the last guy was ousted? Hey I supported TD with the best of 'em but results are results and ultimately cost him. There are too many examples now (NE, SD, Cinci, STL) that show that being competitive is possible in a shorter time period.

3-5 is too long IMO in today's NFL. Isn't that why the last guy was ousted? Hey I supported TD with the best of 'em but results are results and ultimately cost him. There are too many examples now (NE, SD, Cinci, STL) that show that being competitive is possible in a shorter time period.

636575[/snapback]

Possible? Yes. Likely? No, not really. For each one of those 4 teams, there are 28 others who've tried and failed at it.

That isn't too high of a %age.

:lol:

!@#$ off.

I've probably been a Bills fan longer than you've been alive. Go ahead, keep putting money in Ralph's pocket so he can continue to feed you the pablum of 5-11 to 7-9. Good for you, have fun with that. Until he's no longer in the picture, I won't buy a jersey or a ticket or anything else that puts a dime in his pocket.

I suppose that makes me a bad fan in your righteous view. Too bad I don't give a sh-- what you or anyone else thinks.

636564[/snapback]

And by not supporting the team by not buying tickets and merchandise, that is going to help make the team better? I hope you like following the team when he sells it to some young, rich hot shot Snyder wannabe from LA or Some other warm sunny location that will pay to have a team cause I don't think there are many millionaires/billionaires in the WNY area that are going to be willing to keep them there and the NFL is not going to bend over backwards to help the team stay in Buffalo.

If you think the team and management is so bad, why do you keep following the Bills? I believe this does make you a bad fan, but I don't have a righteous view. You don't have to believe that every move being made right now is the right move or that Buffalo will be a championship team this year, but atleast wait to see how things are going to pan out and the season starts. If the Bills are as horrible as everyone says they will be here after teh season starts, I will probably be right here joining you complaining about the moves, but I will give them atleast a few games to prove themselves.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY HE WAS DE ACTIVATED AFTER A STRONG SHOWING IN '04.

636008[/snapback]

I'm sure the Broncos' acquiring Michael Myers and Gerard Warren last year had something to do it. Of course deactivating for the whole year does bring up some questions. I'd give the guy a chance as at least he has pro experience.

Until he's no longer in the picture, I won't buy a jersey or a ticket or anything else that puts a dime in his pocket.

636564[/snapback]

Sorry to hear that Joe. I am serious.

I think that the best part of being a Bills Fan is going up to RWS and hanging with people like you and the other cool people that we see every year.

The schedule is coming out soon, and we will be planning our trip to WNY. I am anxiously waiting to see which game we will attend this year, and I do truly hope to hang with you once again, my friend. :lol:

Ehh the big misconseption. BIG AND FAT= Run Stoping Not fat= Penetrating. Broderick Bunkley can do both and do both quit well. He's as strong as an ox, can hold point or penetrate gaps. A Penetrating dt does not just mean pass rushing. Penetrating gaps also blows away running lanes, and of course forces qbs to make quicker decisions. Bunkley and I'm no Mel Kiper would be a better fit for the style of defense the bills coaching staff wants to run. Perry Fewell needs his Tommie Harris. Bunkley looks like he'd fit that Bill.

Some would like to see us trade down for Bunkley. Broncos have interest in Bunkley at pick #22, and the Browns conceivably at #12 but I doubt it. If we were to trade down to #11, the Rams' spot, we'd get a 3rd or 4th Rounder for it. Would you trade down to #11 if it were a 4th Rounder?

Sample Scenario with Bunkley:

Round 1-Bunkley, DT

Round 2-MarcusMcNeil, OT

Round 3A-Manuel Lawson, DE

Round 3B-Pat Watkins FS

Round 4A-Charles Gordon, CB

Round 4B--Bruce Gradkowski QB

Round 5-Matt Bernstein FB

Round 6-Cedric Humes RB

Round 7-Eric Gill TE