did anyone proofread felser's column??

the bills were 5-11 last year, not 6-10, and his discussion of the bills WR corps, he neglects to mention that josh reed is a member of it (pretty important given what he is arguing). 

i guess he's one of the golden boys too ...

635162[/snapback]

Felser's knowledge of Bills history is impressive but I'm not sure what is going on with him presently. I know that as a member of the print media, he does the obligatory butchering of the pronounciation of every NFL players name.

the bills were 5-11 last year, not 6-10, and his discussion of the bills WR corps, he neglects to mention that josh reed is a member of it (pretty important given what he is arguing). 

i guess he's one of the golden boys too ...

635162[/snapback]

MY guessi s that the article was written before Josh Reed re-signed with the club. The date on the page is the published date, not necessarily the written date.

CW

Felser's knowledge of Bills history is impressive but I'm not sure what is going on with him presently.  I know that as a member of the print media, he does the obligatory butchering of the pronounciation of every NFL players name.

635165[/snapback]

Cut the guy some slack. I'm sure he's got other responsibilities than writing an article for the Bills.

Having said that, I though the piece was weak.

Cut the guy some slack.  I'm sure he's got other responsibilities than writing an article for the Bills. 

Having said that, I though the piece was weak.

635180[/snapback]

Other responsibilities than writing a piece for the Bills, cut him some slack?

This dude's job as a columnist is to write pieces on the Bills, THATS HIS JOB, you would think he would know the won-loss record of the team he is paid to cover.

That was a particularly bad piece by fleser. I saw the title and immediately thought it was a jerry sullivan column.

And i am really surprised that falser cant remember the bills went 5-11 last year, not 6-10.

Other responsibilities than writing a piece for the Bills, cut him some slack?

This dude's job as a columnist is to write pieces on the Bills, THATS HIS JOB, you would think he would know the won-loss record of the team he is paid to cover.

635185[/snapback]

LOL...

Yeah, it is. All I'm sayin' is that so what, one minor mistake. Don't let it ruin your Sunday.

I still think Felser is great. He's one of the few things I look forward to reading every Sunday. The man is retired, however, so I don't expect him to write a top notch column every week. I still think he usually makes some good points and I value his opinion, esp. when he talks about the Bills.

That Larry Felser, elder statesman of the Bills reporting crew, desn't know the Bills won/loss record last year?  Or the fact that his editors at the Buffalo News don't know either?

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060319/1020746.asp

PTR

635170[/snapback]

That's a pretty weak editing job not to correct the W-L record. Hey those guys have been around forever, who is the executive sports editor? His last name is Smith. All those guys have been around since the early 80s so I guess things get stale and complacent. I've never been overly impressed with the Buffalo sports pages to begin with since the Courier left town. Oh well, that's the newspaper business these days. That being said, I thought Felser's column objectively pointed out the Bills failure to address some of those offensive concerns. He should have mentioned House Ballard in with those other offensive linmen of the past but I am getting picky now. It was a good column in general.