Anyone watch Dr. Who on Sc-Fi?

I've heard/seen of the older version on PBS, but never got into it. Last nights new version was great. A good replacement for the SG-1/Atlantis/Battlestar Friday lineup until they return this summer/fall. I'm looking forward to next Friday.

I've heard/seen of the older version on PBS, but never got into it. Last nights new version was great. A good replacement for the SG-1/Atlantis/Battlestar Friday lineup until they return this summer/fall. I'm looking forward to next Friday.

634744[/snapback]

I've seen every episode of the old Dr. Who but did not know about the new one. Thanks for letting me know.

My favorite old episode had Ann Margaret as a guest star. She ended up rolling around in oodles and oodles of baked beans. It was quite sexy. Maybe they'll do a repeat. They could use some new starlet.

I've seen every episode of the old Dr. Who but did not know about the new one.  Thanks for letting me know.

634755[/snapback]

Unless you're British and at least 43 years old, I guarantee you haven't -- some of the early Hartnell and Troughton episodes were lost/destroyed.

I have yet to boot up the DVR to review last night's episodes, but they can't possibly be any worse than the 1996 movie. Whether or not they live up to the best of the Pertwee/T. Baker era (still my favorites)? I'll let you know...

I've seen every episode of the old Dr. Who but did not know about the new one.  Thanks for letting me know.

My favorite old episode had Ann Margaret as a guest star.  She ended up rolling around in oodles and oodles of baked beans.  It was quite sexy.  Maybe they'll do a repeat.  They could use some new starlet.

634755[/snapback]

That was the movie "Tommy"

634755[/snapback]

According to the Sci-Fi webpage, the first two episodes will be played again at....

Sunday night 11:30pm - 1:30am

Monday morning 10:00am - 12:00pm

Late Thursday night/Early Friday morning Midnight - 2am

That was the movie "Tommy"

634838[/snapback]

You're incorrect but your comment does bring back memories. The Dr. Who movie "Tommy" was about Dr. Who's long lost brother of the same name.

Ann Margaret was not in that, she was in one of the episodes. I think her episode came out at about the same time as the movie.

634744[/snapback]

I watched them all on CBC (they were aired right after their BBC airings) last year. The only version I ever really got into before was the Tom Baker versions. But the new ones are pretty damn good, IMO. I liked this Doctor...but he's a one-year wonder, unfortunately.

Billy Piper is smokin'.

The TV movie Who was embarrassing.  The revived series was authentic Dr. Who.

Why a one-year wonder?  Did BBC only commit to one year or is the actor not interested?

635856[/snapback]

TV movie Who? I'm not aware of the TV Movie "Who".

Apparently, the actor who played the Doctor had to/wanted to leave the series. They do a pretty good transition (I won't give any spoiler) to the next Dr.

TV movie Who?  I'm not aware of the TV Movie "Who".

636129[/snapback]

You're lucky. Aired in 1996, made by FOX -- that should explain a lot right there. Eric Roberts (!!!) as the Master. Supposedly set in San Fran, shot in Vancouver...

Wikipedia citation

Fugly. The SFX was far superior to the original series, of course... but IMO, no script editor from the original series would've touched that dreck with a ten-foot pole. I kept my tape of it for the same reason I kept Second String, I guess (just in case anyone else ever wanted to watch it).