bush gives a "Plum to Business allies"

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
YOu and your slugs have milked the system long enough ,Bush wins you lose :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

2470[/snapback]

We'll see in November if the plum was given by a pumpkin.

Not long now...thank God, not long now...

We'll see in November if the plum was given by a pumpkin.

Not long now...thank God, not long now...

2591[/snapback]

Bush will win in a landslide and you know it . Kerrry cant cut it with the big boys except in the Heinze business I,ll bet they like the overtime rule.Kerry has blantly lied before and continues to do so , he actually makes Bush look good :o

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Bush will win in a landslide and you know it .  Kerrry cant cut it with the big boys except in the Heinze business  I,ll bet they like the overtime rule.Kerry has blantly lied before and continues to do so , he actually makes Bush look good  :o

2598[/snapback]

Heinze business in a popular industry

Landslide? The only landslide he wins is if he goes to California or Colorado and drives up a mountain. It'll be so close, just like 2000.... a photo finish.

but a shaft to american workers

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/040820/overtime_politics_2.html

2448[/snapback]

You do realize it doesn't change any current contracts so if a union has an overtime agrement in their contract it still stands...People act like it takes overtime away from everyone. If your employer decides that he is going to take your overtime away you and everyone else is free to find another job.

You do realize it doesn't change any current contracts so  if a union has an overtime agrement in their contract it still stands...People act like it takes overtime away from everyone.  If your employer decides that he is going to take your overtime away you and everyone else is free to find another job.

2625[/snapback]

What happens if you don't? Does it make bargaining for it more difficult?

You mean a Republican President did something favorable for businesses?

Naw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2675[/snapback]

The good thing is that any company that is Dem owned will stick with the old laws and they won't take advantage of the new...Just like John Kerry in Mass I'm sure he is one of the guys that elects to pay the higher rate for his income tax...

What happens if you don't what, have a contract?  Bargaining is always give and take anyway this is just one more issue.

2701[/snapback]

Overtime article in the contract. With the government they would have to follow what OPM lays out. If OPM rules take away the OT, then there is NO chance you are gonna be able to bargain it. In the government unions, the contract lays out practices for a specific unit, that contract can't violate the law... It would never get approved.

I can see the best bet is to make NO rules on OT and let ecah individual bargaining unit hash it out.

Archived