I loathe traffic!

So, I've liked this Chevelle band for a good few years now. Had dinner with the guys before they went major label (but had just finished recording). I've seen 'em three times around here in clubs. They're opening for Nickleback this year..

I wanted to see 'em again, so I bought Tickets. Not a NB fan really, but that's ok.

I left work at FOUR and got home to pick my wife up at SIX. I left for the arena at SIX and GOT THERE at ten-after NINE. When I pulled in, the attendant told me "no spaces left, you should have come earlier!" After parellel parking on the road, I hiked up just in time to see the last 25 seconds of their encore. Total travel time from Atlanta - Canton -> Duluth? Five hours.

Oh 190/290/90, how I miss thee.

-Jeff

So, I've liked this Chevelle band for a good few years now.  Had dinner with the guys before they went major label (but had just finished recording). I've seen 'em three times around here in clubs.  They're opening for Nickleback this year..

I wanted to see 'em again, so I bought Tickets. Not a NB fan really, but that's ok.

I left work at FOUR and got home to pick my wife up at SIX.  I left for the arena at SIX and GOT THERE at ten-after NINE. When I pulled in, the attendant told me "no spaces left, you should have come earlier!" After parellel parking on the road, I hiked up  just in time to see the last 25 seconds of their encore. Total travel time from Atlanta - Canton -> Duluth? Five hours.

Oh 190/290/90, how I miss thee.

-Jeff

634413[/snapback]

I'm right there with ya.....I'm having to battle rush hour traffic while I'm on orientation at Piedmont Hospital.....It's taken me nearly two damn hours to get from Gainesville to Atlanta in the morning. I'm so friggin sick of it. I don't know how people can do that every day....I really don't.

I'm right there with ya.....I'm having to battle rush hour traffic while I'm on orientation at Piedmont Hospital.....It's taken me nearly two damn hours to get from Gainesville to Atlanta in the morning. I'm so friggin sick of it. I don't know how people can do that every day....I really don't.

634653[/snapback]

I don't know.. I head in to work at 5:30 AM and leave at three. If it's any later than three, traffic backs up. I neglected to mention that I left "late" yesterday, 6:20, and didn't get into the office until just about eight. I think I spent more time sitting in traffic yesterday than I did working.

-Jeff

I don't know.. I head in to work at 5:30 AM and leave at three. If it's any later than three, traffic backs up.  I neglected to mention that I left "late" yesterday, 6:20, and didn't get into the office until just about eight. I think I spent more time sitting in traffic yesterday than I did working. 

-Jeff

634723[/snapback]

Speaking of work, how'd those interviews go...? :devil:

Speaking of work, how'd those interviews go...? :devil:

634738[/snapback]

Ha, I was in San Jose again last weekend, went great, now they've gone away again. They keep flying me out there on their tab, so I'll keep going. One of the guys made a comment on how they think I'm a record now. I've interviewed with... 19... different people.

Ha, I was in San Jose again last weekend, went great, now they've gone away again. They keep flying me out there on their tab, so I'll keep going.  One of the guys made a comment on how they think I'm a record now.  I've interviewed with... 19... different people.

634785[/snapback]

19?? lol My God, how can a company that has that much trouble making a decsion stay in business??? :devil:

I deleted a post to that effect. How can you schedule interviews that badly?

634812[/snapback]

Hell if I know. It's a very large shop that grew fast, I'd argue they probably just haven't perfected the process. I don't mind, I like San Francisco. I'll keep going out there as many times as their willing to cover...