Any news on Fabini??

JPL7

Fabini just signed with the Cowboys.

634229[/snapback]

Just saw that, good... let's go get Runyan now.

link

Cowboys ink Fabini to address O-line woes

The Cowboys made a second move to improve their offensive line by reaching a three-year, $6 million deal with former Jets left tackle Jason Fabini. Clauses in the contract could grow the deal to $7.5 million over the three years.

Fabini will be moved to right tackle with the Cowboys and fix one of the team's biggest problems last season. The Cowboys had right tackle problems starting in beginning of training camp. They ended up trying Torrin Tucker in the pre-season at right tackle and then went with rookie Rob Petitti for the regular season.

Fabini, a salary cap cut for the Jets, visited the Patriots and was in heavy negotiations with the Bucs but decided to go to the Cowboys. Earlier this week, Dallas added Kyle Kozier, who is expected to help out at guard, to a five-year, $15 million deal.

The tackles are vanishing from the FA market and Marv still seems to be twiddling his thumbs.  If we dont go out and get a guy like Runyan, we'll end up with Gandy at LT...AGAIN.

634317[/snapback]

Guys like Runyan, Tom Ashworth, Mike Pearson, Ephraim Salaam, Rex Tucker, Anthony Clement, kenyatta walker are all still available. Theres also the thing called the nfl draft, just saying dont jump yet.

I am going to whine for a second.

How is it that teams like the Cowboy, redskins, and even the dolphins are able to sign players, and we can't? Have we no cap room?

What I think frustrates me the most is this. We are signing studs like Royal and Bowen while other teams are signing players that have produced. I know Marv likes players he can sit on his knee and have a talk with but that doesn't win you games.

the days when players wanted to play for Buffalo are gone. We are no longer a team on the rise or a playoff team year after year. We can't ask for players to come here for less than their market value. but we do, and that is why we miss out on so many of them.

Now I know that I am just a fan, but I have seen a fair share of football, Matt bowen is a Special..teamer! That is it. Royal makes a good 2nd TE. I am not even totally sold on Triplett.

fabini would have been an upgrade to our current RT, Jerman, who couldn't even play for the dolphins when their line sucked.

The Only true way to make us an attractive date again is to, either get a High profile coach, sorry Dick. Or make a blockbuster trade. I know neither will happen and like the rest of you, I will live in my frustration watching starting SS Bowen, starting TE Royal, LOLB Posey, one shoulder Edwards, the blocking dummies that are our offensive line. WRs that are upset at the system. and a Running back that proclaim he is the best the league may ever see.

I needed to vent a little. Many people on the board are here because the rest of their lives suck, and the bills represent an outlet, and a moment of joy when something good does happen. if anyone should know how we feel it is marv. and yes the sky is falling

I needed to vent a little.  Many people on the board are here because the rest of their lives suck, and the bills represent an outlet, and a moment of joy when something good does happen.  if anyone should know how we feel it is marv.  and yes the sky is falling

634325[/snapback]

Feel better now :lol:

I come to the board cause honestly I like to write, and I like to talk about football, so it does give me an outlet to do those two things.

Now High profile teams get players because they pay well for them. Like you stated the bills are approaching it as they can offer market value and get good players. The fact is they can't. While many people on this board might be from WNY, and feel a strong connection the area, the fact remains most players could give a damn. They dont play for a town, they play for a check, and if they happen to win along the way they're happy. If they dont win they complain.

Personally I dont know what coach could do better here. Our problem isnt the lack of a high profile coach. If you're refering to Mike Sherman get off the boat. No one else wanted him to be their coach so he took an assistant gig with the texans. Teams will get good players when they pay good money.

The Redskins aren't a model to look at. Who did they really get that was worthwhile? You want to pay Adam Archuletta 5 million a year and make the richest safety in nfl history? Adamn Archuletta is just barely better then Coy Wire. Randel El had all over 35 catches, and they're paying more for the de they picked up then we are for aaron schobel.

Dick Jauron seems by all accounts a well respected coach and a guy that relates well to players. Granted I haven't seen Robert Royal play all that much, but I've seen enough of Mark Cement Shoes Campbell to know I didnt want to see any more. The defense we're going to be running calls for quick penetrating dt's exactaly what triplett is. I wont be sold on the Matt Bowen signing. Theres no way he's an upgrade over Lawyer Milloy, but there wasn't many good safeties in free agency. The draft now thats where we can get our future starting ss.

Andre Davis is a good st's player and a decent receiver. He's an upgrade over Sam Aiken and Jonathan Smith. One of the biggest things this team has lacked the past few years is overall team speed. We've been too slow on offense. I'm still holding out hope we sign John Runyan and Stephen Neal followed by a solid draft. I just think all this woe is us,pitty party mantra is a little on the overkill side. It sucks not having been competative for awhile now, but It is possible this front office knows what they are doing. Try and have patience.

How is it that teams like the Cowboy, redskins, and even the dolphins are able to sign players, and we can't?  Have we no cap room?

What I think frustrates me the most is this.  We are signing studs like Royal and Bowen while other teams are signing players that have produced.  I know Marv likes players he can sit on his knee and have a talk with but that doesn't win you games.

the days when players wanted to play for Buffalo are gone.  We are no longer a team on the rise or a playoff team year after year.  We can't ask for players to come here for less than their market value.  but we do, and that is why we miss out on so many of them.

Now I know that I am just a fan, but I have seen a fair share of football,  Matt bowen is a Special..teamer! That is it.  Royal makes a good 2nd TE.  I am not even totally sold on Triplett.

fabini would have been an upgrade to our current RT, Jerman, who couldn't even play for the dolphins when their line sucked. 

The Only true way to make us an attractive date again is to, either get a High profile coach, sorry Dick.  Or make a blockbuster trade.  I know neither will happen and like the rest of you, I will live in my frustration watching starting SS Bowen, starting TE Royal, LOLB Posey, one shoulder Edwards, the blocking dummies that are our offensive line.  WRs that are upset at the system.  and a Running back that proclaim he is the best the league may ever see.

I needed to vent a little.  Many people on the board are here because the rest of their lives suck, and the bills represent an outlet, and a moment of joy when something good does happen.  if anyone should know how we feel it is marv.  and yes the sky is falling

634325[/snapback]

Obviously, you didn't pay attention to Ralph.

The Bills have less cash than big market clubs and that fact will be reflected in the lack of big money free agent signings of older, injury prone players.

The Bills can not afford to waste cash on risky players, no matter their name recognition.

How is it that teams like the Cowboy, redskins, and even the dolphins are able to sign players, and we can't?  Have we no cap room?

What I think frustrates me the most is this.  We are signing studs like Royal and Bowen while other teams are signing players that have produced.  I know Marv likes players he can sit on his knee and have a talk with but that doesn't win you games.

the days when players wanted to play for Buffalo are gone.  We are no longer a team on the rise or a playoff team year after year.  We can't ask for players to come here for less than their market value.  but we do, and that is why we miss out on so many of them.

Now I know that I am just a fan, but I have seen a fair share of football,  Matt bowen is a Special..teamer! That is it.  Royal makes a good 2nd TE.  I am not even totally sold on Triplett.

The Only true way to make us an attractive date again is to, either get a High profile coach, sorry Dick.  Or make a blockbuster trade.  I know neither will happen and like the rest of you, I will live in my frustration watching starting SS Bowen, starting TE Royal, LOLB Posey, one shoulder Edwards, the blocking dummies that are our offensive line.  WRs that are upset at the system.  and a Running back that proclaim he is the best the league may ever see.

634325[/snapback]

i agree with you. i think we're going to be picking higher than #8 next year.

go sabres.

How is it that teams like the Cowboy, redskins, and even the dolphins are able to sign players, and we can't? 

634325[/snapback]

I understand your concern but I am starting to like what I'm seeing from Marv. Most of the players they are interviewing are young, hungry vets just coming into their own. Tripplett reminds me of a young Pat Williams. Wells, by most peoples acounts has the most upside of any FA guard and Neal is a proven, savvy palyer that gets by with guile and smarts. I think once free agency is all over, you might be pleasantly surprised by how our roster is shaping up.

I do have a concern with the QB position. I would like to see an upgrade over JP and Kelly and perhaps that will be addressed in the next week or two. I'm not sure where you were going by trying to insult the posters here, but I liken it to a family that bonds around our football team hoping for the best.

Runyan and Fabini are too old. Lets face the reality that the bills are in rebuilding mode. In rebuilding mode signing old veterans only wastes money because by the time the bills have a chance to compete for the playoffs you are over paying for a player with declining skills. So at this point signing young players with potential is the way to go and I think Marv recognizes that.

The tackles are vanishing from the FA market and Marv still seems to be twiddling his thumbs.  If we dont go out and get a guy like Runyan, we'll end up with Gandy at LT...AGAIN.

634317[/snapback]

Lets sign every OT that wasn't resigned by their team from last year- all those teams are making terrible mistakes!