If we use another 1st round pick on a QB

todd

Using another 1st round pick on a QB as many here are advocating is stupid. Haven't we learned from the past? In the past 4 years we've spent 2 first rounders on QBs, and as of yet have nothing to show for it. So now we have people complaining that we should give up on Losman and draft another QB in the first round.

Has anyone learned from the past? Doesn't anyone else see that this is not a pattern to be stuck in? Don't people realize you can't have a good QB without a good O-line? Don't people realize you can't have a good team with a dominant front 7?

sheesh, the patterns of idiocy drive me nuts.

Using another 1st round pick on a QB as many here are advocating is stupid. Haven't we learned from the past? In the past 4 years we've spent 2 first rounders on QBs, and as of yet have nothing to show for it. So now we have people complaining that we should give up on Losman and draft another QB in the first round.

Has anyone learned from the past? Doesn't anyone else see that this is not a pattern to be stuck in? Don't people realize you can't have a good QB without a good O-line? Don't people realize you can't have a good team with a dominant front 7?

633900[/snapback]

I totally agree and have already posted in other posts my veiws on this but the main point I want to get too is this JP has played 8 NFL games let me state it again JP has played in 8 NFL games hes showed brilliance in KC and Miami its not hios fault the coaching staff well they sucked and didnt continue to play JP to his strengths. Hell the only rb running the ball was Mcgahee noone else so when Mcgahee was out of the line up it was what..a pass, and the defense knew it because the play calling was predictible in every second half.

The lions have given Harrington 4 seasons and was aloso willing to give him another. The Chargers were ready to give up on brees playing a carousel with flutie and drafted a guy in the first round. Houston is still giving Carr a chance to prove hes starter capable. The fact is he needs 16 straight games and if hes a bust after that hes a bust but players like Tim hasslbeck,Drew Brees, and the panther starting QB whos name is escaping me right now will show you that the third season is the season they blossom as QBS.

Unfortunately the Bills fan base is never happy and very impatient and want to go to the playoffs again and they dont want to wait three years to do it. It has to be now, right now. THey are even critizing the approach to free agency this year. Marv may be old but he is being smart grabbing guys now that people arent lpaying attention to and when the Bills still have more money to spend then the rest of the leaugue get the right key positional player in the second half of Free agency. A page clearly stolen from the NE patriots.

633900[/snapback]

Can we please merge all the "Let's draft a QB" threads into this one?

Spot on Todd.

633900[/snapback]

Okay Todd Vermeil :lol:

While I agree with you on the solid O-line part....and I want to give JP a chance...there is really no better time to take a fresh look at the talent we have then right after a regime change...If Coach Dick and Marv feel like Holcomb and Losman can't get it done and that Cutler, Young or Lienart are that much better--I am okay with that--its their jobs...

Plus the other way I look at it -- from a cap perspective about the only position worthy of the cap hit of a #8 draft choice is a top 15 QB..just about every other position the initial contract for a #8 draftee puts you at a payscale that is way out of whack with the rest of league for the position--into the top 5 salaries for the position for a way less than proven talent.....but if you get a top 15 QB--the cap hit for a draftee puts you right about where you should be for the life of the initial contract.

633900[/snapback]

Todd,

If you are building a team for the long term you absolutely *do* get the QB first, because the QB takes longer to develop. The only exception to that might be a Left Tackle, if the next Ogden or Pace is available. Guards and Centers on the other hand, are the players you can easily "plug and play." Just look at how the Patriots and Falcons have acquired their Guards.

You can bring up the fact that we have blown a lot of draft picks on Bledsoe and Losman, but lets face it - Bledsoe wasn't going to be a good QB even behind the '87 Redskins' Line. The jury is still out on Losman, but if after looking at the game tapes of Losman, reviewing the practice video, reassessing Losman's scouting report, and interviwing Losman that Levy and Jauron determine that Losman "just doesn't have it" - it *absolutely* makes sense for them to get the QB they want to be evaluated upon 3 years from now, rather than just sitting around and hoping that a guy they don't believe in works out.

JDG

633900[/snapback]

So what exactly are you tryin to say? You don't want a QB in the 1st?

I agree Todd. I don't think we will take a QB, but if we do I'll be crying too. It will set this franchise back years - not only will we get the delayed development of yet another new QB, but also it means we will have wasted the 2 first round picks when we picked JP. Yoiu just can't throw away high draft picks and be successful...

633900[/snapback]

I agree. A portion of the folks here are refusing to get off the retard rollercoaster.