Sabres at Senators March 18th

Here is the silver lining to this game. The Sabres were on the road, they were missing two of their top scorers and were just outplayed in every aspect of the game (except goaltending)...and they only lost by one goal.

I'm hoping that this game will quiet the people who think the Sabres are the best team in the NHL. They still have a lot of work to do, and it was clear tonight they still cant hang with the Sens.

We'll see how they respond now, the next 3 games are huge. Hopefully against Atlanta they'll get their confidence back, and they hopefully can take it to both Carolina and Ottawa at home.

Briere with Paul Hamilton on the WGR postgame: "Too many passengers tonight." Embarrassing. Not ready to play.

Wow. Way to let 'er rip...

634937[/snapback]

Honesty is the best policy. No question not having Connelly, Hecht, etc helped them and hurt us. Vanek was aweful tonight.

Sabres are going to Ottawa..we will beat their ass-awa...2 Goals from

Ko-talikawa...Miller stands on his head-awa..Sabres leave leading their division-awa....i will have to get drunk-awa

633666[/snapback]

oooops-awa..at least I got the Miller part right

I'm hoping that this game will quiet the people who think the Sabres are the best team in the NHL.  They still have a lot of work to do, and it was clear tonight they still cant hang with the Sens.

634915[/snapback]

I have to admitt, I was this close to sipping that glass of Kool-aid, but then we played Ottawa.

You know, the Sabres team right now, is starting to remind me of the very good teams Ottawa had before this season. They won a ton of games, but struggled in the playoffs, because the could not play physical enough. Ottawa heard the criticism, and went out and got stronger, but is still a very high skill team.

Please, I am not jumping off the Sabres bandwagon, but this game kind of illustrtated what the Sabres one weakness seems to be. That is playing physical. Ottawa has skilled forwards, who can check and forcheck, without losing the puck. When Buffalo tries to play like that, all of those pretty passes, and set-ups that we have come to expect, are just a little off target. When the Sabres get caught up in this kind of game, their precision seems to drop some. Toronto trys to goad the Sabres into that kind of play, but Buffalo is just that much better. Ottawa is tough...

I still think the Sabres can go far in the playoffs, maybe even win the whole thing. I still believe they are a strong top 5 team. I just hope it doesn't come down to Buffalo and Ottawa in the East.

Ottawa is maybe the only team that I think having home ice advantage might be essential. They are the one team that I think, is clearly better than us. Questionable officiating didn't hurt them any on this night.

I will be very curious to see how the officiating is, overall, once the playoffs start. I wonder if they are going to be calling the "new rules" as closely as they have been, or if things will just revert to "old time" hockey.

I have to admitt, I was this close to sipping that glass of Kool-aid, but then we played Ottawa. 

You know, the Sabres team right now, is starting to remind me of the very good teams Ottawa had before this season.  They won a ton of games, but struggled in the playoffs, because the could not play physical enough.  Ottawa heard the criticism, and went out and got stronger, but is still a very high skill team. 

Please, I am not jumping off the Sabres bandwagon, but this game kind of illustrtated what the Sabres one weakness seems to be.  That is playing physical.  Ottawa has skilled forwards, who can check and forcheck, without losing the puck.  When Buffalo tries to play like that, all of those pretty passes, and set-ups that we have come to expect, are just a little off target.  When the Sabres get caught up in this kind of game, their precision seems to drop some. Toronto trys to goad the Sabres into that kind of play, but Buffalo is just that much better.  Ottawa is tough...

I still think the Sabres can go far in the playoffs, maybe even win the whole thing.  I still believe they are a strong top 5 team.  I just hope it doesn't come down to Buffalo and Ottawa in the East.

Ottawa is maybe the only team that I think having home ice advantage might be essential. They are the one team that I think, is clearly better than us.  Questionable officiating didn't hurt them any on this night.

I will be very curious to see how the officiating is, overall, once the playoffs start.  I wonder if they are going to be calling the "new rules" as closely as they have been, or if things will just revert to "old time" hockey.

635228[/snapback]

Wanna know what I think. I think from what I saw we respected them way to much. We played their game not ours. Thats why we lost.

attention bridge jumpers..it was one game..step off of the ledge...

635258[/snapback]

Sorry, not a bridge jumper. But, all the games we lost to Ottawa this year, have been sort of the same. We have to figure out a way to play our game, not theirs...