Sabres at Senators March 18th

Ok Sabres fans here is what is at stake Saturday night in Ottawa:

Ottawa has 94 points, and the Sabres have 93 points. But looking at the even BIGGER picture here is the overall NHL standings:

1. Carolina 45-15-6 96 points

2. Detroit 45-15-5 95 points

3. Ottawa 44-15-6 94 points

4. Buffalo 44-16-5 93 points

Dare we even dream of a President's Trophy title for the Buffalo Sabres?? Also, have the Sabres even won this award (most points overall in the NHL at season's end)

Another thing that fans have to remember when analyzing the Sabres...Kotalik is the team's top scorer (65 games 24G 29A 53 points) and some might say that the Sabres lack a big time scorer. No they do not.

Daniel Briere is on the verge of becoming a superstar in the NHL. His stats? (33 games, 19G 21A 40 points), he makes everyone around him better, and if DB did not get hurt, I bet he would have approx 70-75 points now.

What else can a Sabres fan say but wow?? This has been a season like none other that I can imagine (die hard fan since 1983)

LET"S GO SABRES!!!

Nice double header for me. Sharks Vs Dallas then the Sabres Vs Sens. Usually I would watch the Leafs but Sabres game much more intriguing. Go Sabres!!!!! Brother and brother in law will be over to watch. Lots of beer.Barbacue right outside the sliding door. Good times. :lol:

I'm gonna bump this thread and then be headed to work. My Tivo is set. Keys to tonight's game in my eyes is controlling the puck in the neutral zone and blocking shots on defense. Ottawa had a hard time against Boston and they should be fired up for tonights game. On the other hand the Sabres d and Miller looked great against Toronto. Should be a great game. Go Sabres!

Sabres are going to Ottawa..we will beat their ass-awa...2 Goals from

Ko-talikawa...Miller stands on his head-awa..Sabres leave leading their division-awa....i will have to get drunk-awa

633666[/snapback]

That is so hillbilly :devil:

Oy...Sabres getting a red-ass beatdown so far. 2-0 already, and its just in the first period. They are getting an INSANE amount of shots on us, and we cant get anything on their net. Sabres look like a bunch of amateurs out there tonight.

Methinks the Cup talk was just a smidge premature.

3-0 now.  Its ovah rock, stay down!

Sabres came in completely unprepared for this one...lets just hope it doesnt kill their confidence completely.  Sabres arent tops in the NHL, they are just a good team who have a LOT to learn to hang with the big boys.

634850[/snapback]

It's not over until the horn sounds. It's amazing that a team that is within 3 points of the top of the entire league now has alot to learn because of a bad period.

Fuggin' Buffalo fans, never too early to fall on their swords.

It's not over until the horn sounds.  It's amazing that a team that is within 3 points of the top of the entire league now has alot to learn because of a bad period.

Fuggin' Buffalo fans, never too early to fall on their swords.

634856[/snapback]

Not falling on the sword at all, from what I've seen in this game so far I'm simply stating they are looking pretty craptacular. I think the Sabres will use this game as a great learning tool...but its not looking good tonight, thats for sure. You can just tell sometimes when your team is off their game, and its painfully obvious the Sabres are elsewhere tonight.

Turning it on now (by the sounds).

Not really. Still giving up odd man rushes at an alarming clip. Some of it is taking chances because we're behind. Some of it is gripping the stick too tight and not making the simple play. Vanek just ran the worst 3-on-1 of his hockey life, which says alot about tonight.

They'll pull it off.

634862[/snapback]

They've had some opportunities this period but only cashed in once. Emery might not have to shower after this one.

Not really.  Still giving up odd man rushes at an alarming clip.  Some of it is taking chances because we're behind.  Some of it is gripping the stick to tight and not making the simple play.  Vanek just ran the worst 3-on-1 of his hockey life, which says alot about tonight.

They've had some opportunities this period but only cashed in once.  Emery might not have to shower after this one.

634864[/snapback]

Thanks. @ work listening periodically.