If only we never traded to draft JP...

ACor58

A lot of us were pulling for the Bills to take a QB late and some of us had even pulled for Schaub. (I changed my Avatar to Schaub).

Had we not traded with Dalls for JP we could have had :

Jake Grove or Bob Sanders in the 2nd round of the 2004 Draft.

Matt Schaub in the 3rd Round (Instead of Tim Ander-suck)

In 2005 Could have taken Chris Spencer to play Center (If we didn't have draft Grove) or have been able to jump ahead and grab Alex Barron to play tackle or we could have taken Luis Castillo to play DT.

I know that hindsight is 20/20 but this team would be in a lot better shape. This trade and pick could have set us back a few years. Thanks Tom.

A lot of us were pulling for the Bills to take a QB late and some of us had even pulled for Schaub. (I changed my Avatar to Schaub).

In 2005 Could have taken Chris Spencer to play Center (If we didn't have draft Grove) or have been able to jump ahead and grab Alex Barron to play tackle or we could have taken Luis Castillo to play DT.

I know that hindsight is 20/20 but this team would be in a lot better shape. This trade and pick could have set us back a few years. Thanks Tom.

633482[/snapback]

That Schaub guy looks a lot like the Kool Aid logo. He can probably sue them.

You can analyze any team's draft from any year and come up with similar scenarios. Can you do a research project on the 1977 draft of the Detroit Lions next?

When do you predict that Matt Schaub will become NFL MVP?

Can we play the what if game with the 2006 draft in 2010 and blame JP for that too? It'll be fun.

633482[/snapback]

Akron's Charlie Frye last year. Crennel seems confident.

633482[/snapback]

You just named three guys who've done squat so far in the NFL. Considering no one knows if JP has the right stuff or not (eight games is not near enough to determine this), your argument holds little weight for me. Maybe we'll get the answers on these players this season, we just don't have them now.

That Schaub guy looks a lot like the Kool Aid logo.  He can probably sue them.

You can analyze any team's draft from any year and come up with similar scenarios.  Can you do a research project on the 1977 draft of the Detroit Lions next?

Can we play the what if game with the 2006 draft in 2010 and blame JP for that too?  It'll be fun.

633490[/snapback]

Take it easy...this whole forum is built on what-ifs to generate discussion. If you don't like the topic, don't read it.

That Schaub guy looks a lot like the Kool Aid logo.  He can probably sue them.

You can analyze any team's draft from any year and come up with similar scenarios.  Can you do a research project on the 1977 draft of the Detroit Lions next?

Can we play the what if game with the 2006 draft in 2010 and blame JP for that too?  It'll be fun.

633490[/snapback]

Schaub was the Avatar around draft time in 04 baby, I am pulling for Kool Aid man this year to play tackle. (OH YEAH!)

I know that you can analyze any teams draft after it is happened, that is why I said hindsight is 20/20.

I never said that Schaub is going to be NFL MVP, but he is a solid player. What I am saying is that for the price we paid for JP we could have had two other solid players and still had Shaub. The state we are in now we are more than just one JP away from being sucessful.

You just named three guys who've done squat so far in the NFL. Considering no one knows if JP has the right stuff or not (eight games is not near enough to determine this), your argument holds little weight for me. Maybe we'll get the answers on these players this season, we just don't have them now.

633497[/snapback]

Stick around. Sanders might surprise. Grove, Spencer, too....

633497[/snapback]

How many games and how much of a chance did we give Todd Collins? Didn't he actually do better than Losman?

633497[/snapback]

Haven't done Squat???? You apparently haven't seen Castillio tearing it up for San Diego? Jake Grove is staring at Center for the Raiders and Bob Sanders made the Pro Bowl.

Don't call me out unless you know what the heck you are talking about.

No, the real deal is "If only we never traded for Drew..."

THAT was the move that set us back many years.

I subscribe to the Drew Domino Theory:

every failed move on O since then has been a direct or indirect result of that major blunder. :lol:

But what's done is done.

JP's career may have not gotten off to a storybook start,

but I'd still rather have him than Matt Scrub.

I'll give JP a few more games, before agreeing with this Hot Pocket idea.

I love all you NFL geniuses that piss all over your own teams guy, yet get woody's for guys like Schaub, and McCown.

Give me Schaub's running game, or McCown's Wide Receivers, I bet JP looks better...

I'm not even a JP fan boy, just someone willing to give him more then 8 games, before declaring him a Rob Johnson type bust.

Are all Bills fans this clueless, or just the ones that post here?

I'll give JP a few more games,   before agreeing with this Hot Pocket idea.

I love all you NFL geniuses that piss all over your own teams guy,  yet get woody's for guys like Schaub,  and McCown. 

Give me Schaub's running game,  or McCown's Wide Receivers,  I bet JP looks better...

I'm not even a JP fan boy,  just someone willing to give him more then 8 games,  before declaring him a Rob Johnson type bust.

Are all Bills fans this clueless,  or just the ones that post here?

633517[/snapback]

Where did anyone call JP a bust? Look at my posts, I have said that it is too early to judge him. What I am simply stating is that the draft picks we used to get him could have landed us a number of quality players.

Oh wait, 1bf says those guys haven't done squat in the NFL. nm.

Haven't done Squat???? You apparently haven't seen Castillio tearing it up for San Diego? Jake Grove is staring at Center for the Raiders and Bob Sanders made the Pro Bowl.

Don't call me out unless you know what the heck you are talking about.

633512[/snapback]

I was talking about Grove, Shaub and Spencer. They've done nothing noteworthy in the NFL. You're whole premise for this post is silly. Any fan can call out TD, or any other GM in the NFL for that matter, and point out players that they should have picked that were there for the taking 2 years after the fact. It's the ultimate in "hindsight" football arguments. Were you begging for them to pick Sanders when the Bills pick came around? I'm thinking you were not.

I seriously wonder whether or not the regime new will give JP a fair shake. Since he was a TD/MM investment, they may not be so willing to continue down that road.

I've always felt that JP was a Sam Wyche project. Sam was the one that scouted JP and insisted that he preferred his workout to Eli Manning's. Wyche was also his mentor and confidant. Now that Sam's gone, I have to wonder if JP no longer even has a cheerleader.

I was talking about Grove, Shaub and Spencer. They've done nothing noteworthy in the NFL. You're whole premise for this post is silly. Any fan can call out TD, or any other GM in the NFL for that matter, and point out players that they should have picked that were there for the taking 2 years after the fact. It's the ultimate in "hindsight" football arguments. Were you begging for them to pick Sanders when the Bills pick came around? I'm thinking you were not.

633524[/snapback]

We didn't have a pick when Sanders was around. Besides, most on this board were pulling for Grove, who was very solid last year until he hurt his knee. Don't you remember the Raiders running all over the Bills that game, especially inside?

633524[/snapback]

You're picking a fight, where there is none.

Get some of that green beer... :lol: