The real truth about the QB position today.

After watching many other games today. I noticed a few points which started me thinking.

1) No team has a real good OL from what I saw today. The days of the hogs OL are over. Free agency doesn't allow to build really super good lines anymore. So the QB has to be mobile to compensate for the the average OL play.

2) Most QB's I saw today had to scramble and run to keep drives alive.

3) This is why our offense is putrid to watch. Our OL is no better or worse than other OL's around the league. The difference is that Bledsoe cant move so defenses blitz to one spot and sack him. If Bledsoe could scramble a bit and make a play, they wouldnt blitz as much.

I'm not anti Bledsoe as much as I am pro Buffalo Bills ! I just want the Bills to win and dont really care who the QB is as long as we win. I just dont think Bledsoe gives us the best chance to win. I would like to see a change made.

Someone posted stats about the sacks per pass attempt. Mathews had a pretty good ratio. Way better than Drew. I would like to see Mathews play. I dont buy that he has no talent. Lets see him play and then decide.

After watching many other games today. I noticed a few points which started me thinking.

1) No team has a real good OL from what I saw today. The days of the hogs OL are over. Free agency doesn't allow to build really super good lines anymore. So the QB has to be mobile to compensate for the the average OL play.

2) Most QB's I saw today had to scramble and run to keep drives alive.

3) This is why our offense is putrid to watch. Our OL is no better or worse than other OL's around the league. The difference is that Bledsoe cant move so defenses blitz to one spot and sack him. If Bledsoe could scramble a bit and make a play, they wouldnt blitz as much.

I'm not anti Bledsoe as much as I am pro Buffalo Bills ! I just want the Bills to win and dont really care who the QB is as long as we win.  I just dont think Bledsoe gives us the best chance to win. I would like to see a change made.

Someone posted stats about the sacks per pass attempt. Mathews had a pretty good ratio. Way better than Drew. I would like to see Mathews play. I dont buy that he has no talent. Lets see him play and then decide.

46451[/snapback]

Hey FISD, you might like this thread. allot of the same observations in the replies.

http://205.134.161.85/forums/index.php?showtopic=4297