Happy Saint Patricks Day!

Since we're the first country to pass the international dateline, I thought I'd wish you all a Happy St. Patty's Day!  (I just had a few pints with my department for "lunch")

632764[/snapback]

Excellent! Erin Go Bragh to you!

If I had to wager a guess, chances are I won't be in any condition to eat corn beef and cabbage dinner.  Happy St. Patties!

633207[/snapback]

That's the beauty of haggis - it tastes better the more whisky you've had! :D

Happy St Patrick's Day to my fellow Celts.

To the rest of you amateurs: stop celebrating our holiday. You're making it too hard to get good service at the pubs! :D

Looks like I'll be out at the Greening of Ghent in Norfolk. If you're in Hampton Roads and heading over there look for me and say hi. I'll be the drunk guy in the kilt.

That's the beauty of haggis - it tastes better the more whisky you've had! :D

633213[/snapback]

Whiskey also tastes better the more you consume it. As far as haggis, it conjures bad evil cuisine nightmares from St. Patties Day 2002.

I'm starting in Astoria Queens, then moving on to the finer establishments that Manhattan has to offer. Most likely McSorely's.

Whiskey also tastes better the more you consume it. 

633236[/snapback]

See there, you're drinking the wrong stuff! The swill called whiskey tastes like battery acid. But if you drink real whisky (no 'e' means it's the real deal from Scotland), then you'll find it tastes just as good from the first dram to the last!

As for haggis, it's not unlike any processed meat (hot dogs, sausage, bologna, etc) in that you're better off just eating it and not thinking about what's actually in it. An acquired taste perhaps, but haggis with neeps and taters, that's some good eatin' right there!