Halliburton serving our soldiers well, again

How's that Bosnia intervention going?  Thousands of troops killed?  A hundred?  How come there weren't daily bombings of civilians and soldiers 3 years after we intervened in an area with differing ethnic groups?  How's the international community's support?  Did they establish their gov'ts within 3 years?  Did they show a commitment to resovling their issues?  When you have good leadership and a good plan, and listen to varied views on a situation, things usually work out pretty good.

633412[/snapback]

Good thing the two things are even remotely the same. Good job repeating the Err Moronica mantra, though.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thing the two things are even remotely the same.  Good job repeating the Err Moronica mantra, though.

633854[/snapback]

OK, at the risk of another I'm a Jack Bauer wanna be reference...I've been the main subcontractor operational lead on two different KBR projects. When we ramped up for the weapons elimination in Iraq, the KBR project manager was the same one who ran Bosnia. He came out of retirement for it. We also did it as a joint prime with Raytheon. We were to do the chem/bio, they had the missiles and nuke. A few of the contractor guys I was working with are dead or maimed. Nothing emotional, just the facts. All were ex military and actually cared about doing it right. They spent 20-25 years not only leading troops but managed to pick up masters and doctorates. But, I hear about Halliburton. I don't hear about Raytheon. Nothing at all about Raytheon. The average poster on these subjects couldn't pull a watermellon out of their ass when it strained them

Whiny little kitty whatevers here don't have a friggen clue about what they are talking about, and if you do - speak up. Pick a 3rd round linebacker, and argue that a few days, and be smart.

Those guys are VERY good at what they do. The bigger the job, with an agenda, the more there will be to get picked on because people are paid to find it and do that. Also the more to screw up. Gee, if you have an agenda things must be perfect. Yes, the water in my toilet should be potable, but it wasn't. That's the rule. They were wrong. I should always be able to drink from my toilet. No matter where I am. I'm an American taxpayer.

I'm not defending KBR, I'm defending reality - which is also something many people have lost touch with a long time ago.

As I said, if someone really knows this business. Speak up. Don't lurk. I know you are there and I'd like you're insights. I really would appreciate them. Something beyond this crap called "insight".

As I said, if someone really knows this business. Speak up. Don't lurk. I know you are there and I'd like you're insights. I really would appreciate them. Something beyond this crap called "insight".

633903[/snapback]

Can't speak for that specific business, but running my own (very small, albeit) business, I can say that the reality on the ground is often far removed from the theory of a book or the back of a can of sealant. Have to make do with what you've got, and be creative in solving problems.

Halliburton, KBR, etc. are THE people who do this type of contracting in hot zones. Doing otherwise is like hiring one guy with a pickup and a 6'x6' trailer to haul all of the garbage in NYC.

While I'm a little leery about what the ultimate worth of what we're doing over there will be (and the macro cost of it), I don't doubt that, by and large, the right people are on the job when they're given a task. And the guys who do that stuff are to be commended.

John Kerry had a plan, but that wasn't enough to get elected.  Maybe they do need a !@#$ing plan

634012[/snapback]

No, Kerry said he had a plan. He said he had several plans, in fact. Given that he was the heir apparrent to the Clinton legacy in the Democratic Party, I have no doubt he had several different and competing plans for each issue, as a matter of fact. :lol: