Whelp, here we go again.

NSS

Wish we could close out Iraq pretty soon so we could ramp up for Iran. Gonna be a lot tougher, not in the least because we have shown we are willing to sh-- on whatever friends we have there.

Congress should have read this before they decided to pass judgement. They may not like it, but it is the NSS. Not worth much if everyone doesn't play nice inside the beltway.

NSS

Wish we could close out Iraq pretty soon so we could ramp up for Iran. Gonna be a lot tougher, not in the least because we have shown we are willing to sh-- on whatever friends we have there.

Congress should have read this before they decided to pass judgement. They may not like it, but it is the NSS. Not worth much if everyone doesn't play nice inside the beltway.

631719[/snapback]

What friends in Iraq have we sh-- on?

There was that sheep farmer down by the river.

631867[/snapback]

BiB was that you? I like this list of problems and their descriptions, especially the Cesar Chavez shot: # In Venezuela, a demagogue awash in oil money is undermining democracy and seeking to destabilize the region.

Hmm, one finger pointed out and four back at yourself.

Who wrote this puff piece. The words sound like they came out of one of those reality shows or Enron's pre-crash prospetus.

NSS

631719[/snapback]

"Champion Aspirations for Human Dignity"? What the !@#$ is that doing in the National Security Strategy? That may even exceed a Clinton level of stupidity. :)

And that's even above and beyond that they're not championing human dignity, just aspirations. :devil:

"Champion Aspirations for Human Dignity"?  What the !@#$ is that doing in the National Security Strategy?  That may even exceed a Clinton level of stupidity.  :)

And that's even above and beyond that they're not championing human dignity, just aspirations:devil:

631975[/snapback]

Yeh, I was LOL on that one....including: Numerous remaining regional challenges demand the world’s attention: These are the ones we will ignore them anyway:

I like this part:

How We Will Advance Freedom: Principled in Goals and Pragmatic in Means

Speaking out against abuses of human rights

I think they really meant:

"Speaking out against [those who are critical of us for our own] abuses of human rights" :devil:

"Expand the Circle of Development by Opening Societies and Building the Infrastructure of Democracy"

Expand the circle of development? What is that, a kindergarten class for nation-states?

I also like the substance of "Work with Others to Defuse Regional Conflicts":

1. Conflict Prevention and Resolution...

2. Conflict Intervention...

3. Post-Conflict Stabilization and Reconstruction...

4. Genocide...

Genocide? Nice headings. Basically says "We'll work to keep fights from starting, inteverne when they start, rebuild when they're over, and kill everyone who gets in the way." What, they couldn't say "Genocide Prevention" or something? Jesus Christ, these idiots SUCK at marketing? :devil:

"Expand the Circle of Development by Opening Societies and Building the Infrastructure of Democracy"

Expand the circle of development?  What is that, a kindergarten class for nation-states? 

I also like the substance of "Work with Others to Defuse Regional Conflicts": 

Genocide?  Nice headings.  Basically says "We'll work to keep fights from starting, inteverne when they start, rebuild when they're over, and kill everyone who gets in the way."  What, they couldn't say "Genocide Prevention" or something?  Jesus Christ, these idiots SUCK at marketing?  :devil:

632052[/snapback]

Not to quibble but I don't think their execution is so good either.

I'm disappointed. But as Tom says, they suck at marketing. I was always big on not specifying people, lock yourself in that way. But, now everything has to be TV. If one is going to soundbite, do it effectively.

I'm through with it anyway. Time to go back to cleaning dirty dirt. My old boss has something in Rouen, France. Drink cognac, eat good food. I'm not living much longer, anyway. Might as well have fun.

I'm disappointed. But as Tom says, they suck at marketing. I was always big on not specifying people, lock yourself in that way. But, now everything has to be TV. If one is going to soundbite, do it effectively.

I'm through with it anyway. Time to go back to cleaning dirty dirt. My old boss has something in Rouen, France. Drink cognac, eat good food. I'm not living much longer, anyway. Might as well have fun.

632261[/snapback]

I thought you were looking at Costa Rica? Great surfin there and lots of young women!

I like this part:

How We Will Advance Freedom: Principled in Goals and Pragmatic in Means

Speaking out against abuses of human rights

I think they really meant:

"Speaking out against [those who are critical of us for our own] abuses of human rights" :doh:

632027[/snapback]

Don't gloat too hard. This is still much better than not having one at all. Where have your rights been abused?