March Madness predictions

Simon

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any predictions for the world's greatest tournament?

Here's mine:

Florida somehow wiggles its way into the Final Four.

The East bracket devolves into total mayhem with the #2 seed leaving very early, the #6 seed getting to the EliteEight, a classic #12 vs #5 upset and the #10 seed possibly winning 2 games.

Duke gets ousted by a lower seed.

BC vs Nevada becomes an ESPN instant classic.

For the 25th straight year my pools are destroyed by suppertime on Saturday.

631712[/snapback]

I hope Florida goes down early. There's jus something about Billy Donovan that screams "NCAA Violation!". Dude gives me the creeps. :doh:

Just remember the difference between UCONN (have another name for them, but cannot type it here) and St John's aside from results on the court is:  Calhoun has not be caught.  Yet.

632304[/snapback]

Hasn't been caught... doing what? I think M. Williams should've been expelled for the laptop episode, and I really didn't follow the team during the season b/c of it. But Calhoun had nothing to do with that decision; it was the Dean of Students (I actually wrote him a letter expressing my disappointment, as an alum).

What's the other name? I've heard most of them. Yukon, UCan't, University of College Basketball....

Hasn't been caught... doing what? I think M. Williams should've been expelled for the laptop episode, and I really didn't follow the team during the season b/c of it. But Calhoun had nothing to do with that decision; it was the Dean of Students (I actually wrote him a letter expressing my disappointment, as an alum).

What's the other name? I've heard most of them. Yukon, UCan't, University of College Basketball....

632462[/snapback]

Let's be honest about college sports in general...I do not care how much people say "oh this coach runs a clean program etc" I honestly do not believe it...I think every coach or program has corruption at certian times...some more then others and some coaches get caught.

It is almost like politics...to succeed, I believe you have to get your hands dirty no matter what your intentions are.

Again JMHO...I could be dead wrong. So this is why I do not sit here and say "oh look at your college team how crooked they are" etc, I just assume there is a unknown amount of corruption going on at every successful school.

Anybody see why the heck Pacific fouled with 5 seconds left in OT?

632460[/snapback]

The BC player drove to the hoop and they challenged the shot. It wasn't a bad foul. They still had a chance to win after the free throws...they got the ball to one of the big guys right under the basket but he tried to avoid the defender rather than just go strong and hope to draw the foul; didn't end up getting a shot off.

Let's be honest about college sports in general...I do not care how much people say "oh this coach runs a clean program etc"  I honestly do not believe it...I think every coach or program has corruption at certian times...some more then others and some coaches get caught.

It is almost like politics...to succeed, I believe you have to get your hands dirty no matter what your intentions are.

Again JMHO...I could be dead wrong. So this is why I do not sit here and say "oh look at your college team how crooked they are" etc, I just assume there is a unknown amount of corruption going on at every successful school.

632466[/snapback]

As long as there's no incentive for some players to play college ball b/c they don't care about getting a free education and they're not paid.... there's going to be some skeeve factors for the most popular sports where recruiting is concerned. Pulling strings for academic eligibilty, sex parties for football recruits (was that Texas Tech?).... I saw some softie examples; was in a gen-ed class loaded w/ jocks and the prof got free tickets to a few games from the coach. It's for that reason that I used to go to some of the less visible sports, where they are truly student-athletes b/c there is no real pro league.

As for the flap with BC, it goes back to when Miami and VT left the Big East for the ACC. That year, BC made a promise that they were committed to the Big East, that they were definately staying in the Big East. So, UConn built a $90M football stadium for upgrading to D-I thinking that Big East football would have a solid future. The next year, BC runs to the ACC (leaving the Big East high and dry for football programs, hence the nickname Big Least), and it was found out that they had been making hay with the ACC before and while they were making said promises. And to add insult to injury, BC's administration is the Boston Archdiosesce(?). Nice! :doh:

The BC player drove to the hoop and they challenged the shot.  It wasn't a bad foul.  They still had a chance to win after the free throws...they got the ball to one of the big guys right under the basket but he tried to avoid the defender rather than just go strong and hope to draw the foul;  didn't end up getting a shot off.

632476[/snapback]

Got ya. I was wondering if it was a Eric Devendorf type idiotic foul or one that made sense.

As expected.

633122[/snapback]

I picked that one right! :D

btw, blue seems to be the magic color so far:

Blue Fire and Carolina Blew share the Day 1 lead with 15 correct out of 16. Nice work boys.

I picked that one right!    :lol:

btw, blue seems to be the magic color so far:

Blue Fire and Carolina Blew share the Day 1 lead with 15 correct out of 16.  Nice work boys.

633175[/snapback]

I picked that one too.

I usually have one very good day and one very bad day in the opening round. I got 12 yesterday so I have no idea what that falls under.