how to save this offseason

frogger

It frustrates me to see Washington, and other teams that "didn't have much cap room" all of a sudden signing everyone. And before you say, well they'll pay for it in the end, they don't.

So be like them Marv. Sign some big names and make us happy. We have the cap room, unless all of that money paid to the future hall of famer royal was upfront.

Sign

LeVar Arrington-we have a need at LOLB, we solve it, we release Posey. Just throw your name into the hat, at least show you are interested in making us better, and not collecting a bunch of players you can have a fireside chat with.

Tank Williams-the last safety worth signing. Big and physical with not much covering skills, but is good in zone...sounds like the ideal cover 2 safety.

Grady Jackson-Triplett is an upgrade to Anderson, now Jackson could be an upgrade to Adams.

McIntosh, Runyan or Fabini-We have a huge hole at RT, any one of these three could fill and be an upgrade.

Do we have the cap room? we can work it so we do. Have some imagination, forget fiscal responsibility, think like a republican, or at least the president.

then Draft

1-Vernon Davis

2-Davin Joseph-next Ruben Brown, when he was good.

3-Anthony Smith-Future FS

3b-trade for Jeff faine

4-Jonathon orr-former teamate of Evans, size, speed and replacement for Moulds one day

5-Omar jacobs-falling QB has the goods to be our 3rd QB and young back

6-Montaviaus Stanley-NT, just another clog

7-James Wyche-he won't be there, but we can dream

No way do you replace Moulds with a 4th Rd draft pick... Too far fetched.

I am no fan of your draft - AT ALL.

Similarly - I say 'NO' to Arrington - mainly because in the real world there is no way Marv would go for a guy like that.

I also disagree that we have a hole at RT - Peters is going to start 16 games there - the holes are at G and C and (next year) LT.

maybe you didn't see the "one day" part after the replacement of Moulds. I am not suggesting that we releases Moulds and start a 4th rounder this year. the message I posted was when the day comes, that moulds leaves us, Orr could be his replacement.

As for Arrington-the other part of the post is I was being critical of our get the good guy approach Marv has. I know he has a questionable attitude, the NFL is full of them, but the NFL is not full of Arrington talent. remember Marv dealt with Smith and Reed, and made them love him.

Peters will be a LT at the beginning of the year, I can't see drafting a LT and starting him right away, and with what is left I can't see signing a LT either. Peters will not be our starting RT.

and I am no fan of your reply- AT ALL

It frustrates me to see Washington, and other teams that "didn't have much cap room" all of a sudden signing everyone.  And before you say, well they'll pay for it in the end, they don't.

So be like them Marv.  Sign some big names and make us happy.  We have the cap room, unless all of that money paid to the future hall of famer royal was upfront.

Sign

LeVar Arrington-we have a need at LOLB, we solve it, we release Posey.  Just throw your name into the hat, at least show you are interested in making us better, and not collecting a bunch of players you can have a fireside chat with.

Tank Williams-the last safety worth signing.  Big and physical with not much covering skills, but is good in zone...sounds like the ideal cover 2 safety.

Grady Jackson-Triplett is an upgrade to Anderson, now Jackson could be an upgrade to Adams. 

McIntosh, Runyan or Fabini-We have a huge hole at RT, any one of these three could fill and be an upgrade.

Do we have the cap room?  we can work it so we do.  Have some imagination, forget fiscal responsibility, think like a republican, or at least the president.

then Draft

1-Vernon Davis

2-Davin Joseph-next Ruben Brown, when he was good.

3-Anthony Smith-Future FS

3b-trade for Jeff faine

4-Jonathon orr-former teamate of Evans, size, speed and replacement for Moulds one day

5-Omar jacobs-falling QB has the goods to be our 3rd QB and young back

6-Montaviaus Stanley-NT, just another clog

7-James Wyche-he won't be there, but we can dream

631636[/snapback]

You forgot one very important move. Go out and get an actual NFL GM.

It frustrates me to see Washington, and other teams that "didn't have much cap room" all of a sudden signing everyone.  And before you say, well they'll pay for it in the end, they don't.

631636[/snapback]

You can thank the new rushed CBA for that. It allowed Washington more space this year. but I guess RW is still an idiot for voting no.

Looks like we got ourselves a crusader!

Nice knowin' you.

634475[/snapback]

Somehow I don't think he'll be made to go elsewhere anytime soon as he has only made 15 posts. Compare that to someone like Holcomb's Arm and you'll realize that crusading is perfectly acceptable on the board (despite a "rule" to the contrary).

Also Is Marv Awake's username + avatar = pretty funny. At least it got a chuckle out of me.