Buffalo and game turning bad calls

maddog

I know it hurts but let's recap:

No Goal

Leclair through the side of the net

Just give it to 'em (@ New England)

Homerun Throwback (debatable whether we got "screwed")

Oakland 3 bad calls (lower profile, more recent)

Have we ever been the beneficiary of such major gaffes by officiating/refereeing crews? The only one I can think of that comes close is in the Comeback game with Beebe down the sidelines and Nate Odomes interfering on the OT pick.

Are we blind to our own good fortune or have we really been on the wrong side of so many major blunders?

I know it hurts but let's recap:

No Goal

Leclair through the side of the net

Just give it to 'em (@ New England)

Homerun Throwback (debatable whether we got "screwed")

Oakland 3 bad calls (lower profile, more recent)

Have we ever been the beneficiary of such major gaffes by officiating/refereeing crews?  The only one I can think of that comes close is in the Comeback game with Beebe down the sidelines and Nate Odomes interfering on the OT pick.

Are we blind to our own good fortune or have we really been on the wrong side of so many major blunders?

46268[/snapback]

This was a recent topic on the Simoncast on Empire.....

I do not personally remember any other examples where poor officiating/bad call(s) have helped us win a game. I'm sure there are a few though.

One thing that has always bothered me.....teams rarely get called for offensive holding when our defense is on the field. Doesn't matter how good our defense is, no one ever gets held?

One thing that has always bothered me.....teams rarely get called for offensive holding when our defense is on the field. Doesn't matter how good our defense is, no one ever gets held?

46394[/snapback]

Oh we get held.....

But it was engaged at the one yard line, so no safety......WTF!!!!!!

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Gotta love the ReF's making up there own rules

This was a recent topic on the Simoncast on Empire.....

I do not personally remember any other examples where poor officiating/bad call(s) have helped us win a game. I'm sure there are a few though.

46394[/snapback]

In the same game Talley(maybe someone else) killed the receiver way early to force the INT in overtime.

In the same game Talley(maybe someone else) killed the receiver way early to force the INT in overtime.

46532[/snapback]

Yep, Talley mugged Ernest Givens over the middle and when Moon threw to where Givens would have been if he hadn't been held, only Nate Odomes was there.

That kind of stuff happens all the time, though. It's not like Odomes dropped the ball and the ref said "Just give it to 'em," or the league made up some phantom memo about a double-secret rule that allowed Beebe to go out of bounds in that particular circumstance. :devil: