ya know...this makes me mad

Fabini is 31 years old (why would the Jets realease a LT?, can he still play?, doubtful)

Runyan is 33 years old (John Fina all over again but on the right side)

631710[/snapback]

On the first point, probably for cap reasons. On the second, give me some of what you're smokin'...Runyon is the anti-Fina and plays about 180 degrees opposite of anything John ever did (smash mouth vs. finese).

On the first point, probably for cap reasons.  On the second, give me some of what you're smokin'...Runyon is the anti-Fina and plays about 180 degrees opposite of anything John ever did (smash mouth vs. finese).

632178[/snapback]

Cap reasons or not you don't just get rid of your LT if he's any good or has anything left in the tank. And from what I saw from him not last year but the year before his legs aren't there anymore If we sign him to starter money I'd be very pissed.

Runyan is/was very good RT, sign him for a year, not more, you have the guy for more than two years and you'll see the Villarial saga all over again.

You don't know what to do with the guy, you start to second guess him and his abilities. And before you know it you have one eye in how he perform and the other in cap numbers to see how much you save if the guy is cut.

I still believe that the best option for the Bills is to trade down, take Winston Justice( I still say that the reason so many skill players from USC are going in round one is because of a dominant line). In round two take Davin Joseph and you have a much better looking O-Line. Then figuring whatever you get for trading down either a second or third you still have three more picks on the first day. You then can address linebacker,D-Line ar safety or maybe take a chance on Croyle as a QB. I still hope the Bills bring in some more Free Agents(as long as it is at a cap friendly price that wont kill us in a year or two), but the best way to build a team is still through the Draft and try to keep your own guys down the line. Free agency is a great way to add pieces but not the best way to build a team(free agents always hurt the team they are leaving more then help the team they are going to), you need good drafting and at this point I do not doubt a Hall of Famer like Marv. in two years if we are not in the playoffs then I will question the direction, but at this point I have faith in him.

Runyan is/was very good RT, sign him for a year, not more, you have the guy for more than two years and you'll see the Villarial saga all over again.

632205[/snapback]

I think Runyon's a lot more durable than CV ever was/is. He's started like 168 consecutive games. IMO, he'd be a good two-year option that would instill a lot of mental toughness on the O-line, which is something this team is sorely lacking.