With the Titans signing S Hope, where's S Tank?

With the release of S Milloy and DT Adams, I find it hard to believe that we don't fill these positions with veterans. You don't think that we find starters at these positions in the draft do you? Is DT Edwards, who is already on our roster, our answer? Does anybody know what his health status is? As far as S goes, I was hoping to get Demps but that's all over with now. If we don't have announced visits in the next 24-48 hrs at these positions then I don't know what we should expect for these replacements. So far as S is concerned, Tank Williams looks to be the best avail at this point. Any other suggestions for S candidates?

With the release of S Milloy and DT Adams, I find it hard to believe that we don't fill these positions with veterans. You don't think that we find starters at these positions in the draft do you? Is DT Edwards, who is already on our roster, our answer? Does anybody know what his health status is? As far as S goes, I was hoping to get Demps but that's all over with now. If we don't have announced visits in the next 24-48 hrs at these positions then I don't know what we should expect for these replacements. So far as S is concerned, Tank Williams looks to be the best avail at this point. Any other suggestions for S candidates?

631524[/snapback]

Yeah Michael Huff. :lol:

Here's a trade I would do in a heartbeat. Moulds for Philly's SS Michael Lewis and swap our 1st rd picks, Buffalo's #8 for Philly's #14. I just think with our unsettleness at QB we should concentrate more on defense and a power running game than be aerial oriented offense. Sign OL warriors like C Mike Flanagan and OG Jon Runyan and then draft a WR with the 14th pick to groom. Florida's WR Chad Jackson is a interesting prospect and could be a nice replacement for Moulds down the road.

Here's a trade I would do in a heartbeat. Moulds for Philly's SS Michael Lewis and swap our 1st rd picks, Buffalo's #8 for Philly's #14. I just think with our unsettleness at QB we should concentrate more on defense and a power running game than be aerial oriented offense. Sign OL warriors like C Mike Flanagan and OG Jon Runyan and then draft a WR with the 14th pick to groom. Florida's WR Chad Jackson is a interesting prospect and could be a nice replacement for Moulds down the road.

631570[/snapback]

I'd make that trade in a heartbeat too but disagree with everything else :lol:

I just think with our unsettleness at QB we should concentrate more on defense and a power running game than be aerial oriented offense...  then draft a WR with the 14th pick to groom. Florida's WR Chad Jackson is a interesting prospect and could be a nice replacement for Moulds down the road.

631570[/snapback]

what the hell? is this john kerry? :lol:

so you think we should focus on defense and a power running game instead of a passing game, and then draft a WR in the 1st round?

631524[/snapback]

come on, coy wire and luvale sape are clearly the players of the future

631570[/snapback]

Another WR in the 1st round....Here is our problem....WRs generally take

2-3 years to develop.....What we need is to draft players for the DL and OL...

Build the line....even mediocre WRs like Randal El will make plays....

We have to let Evans and Parrish develop...We don't need another WR in

the 1st round....

Shouldn't we address our S position?

No. We'll draft A.J. Hawk -- then play Spikes, Fletcher, Posey, Crowell and Hawk all at the same time all game, so we won't have room on the field for a SS anyway. A 4-5-2 would kick ass. :lol:

631570[/snapback]

I'll buy that. The Bills have built this solid roster by picking receivers and other "skill" players often and early. Why stop and kill a good thing?

I also agree about the "OL warriors" you mentioned. These guys have a ton of good football left, and along with Villarial, can anchor our line for many years to come. I'm surprised that they haven't been signed yet to multi-year deals. I suppose that GMS don't care so much about building great OLs these days. Then again why should they when there are guys like Chad Jackson waiting to be snatched up for huge dollars?