• Ngata

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"safety" Jason Allen?

LMFAO!!!

You obviously do not know the first thing about Jason Allen.  I'll clue you in a bit.  Jason Allen was switched to safety his junior year because the Vols lacked safeties and had two other ALL SEC corners.  The 2005 Draft comes around, and Allen declares.  He then tells Fulmer he will return ONLY IF the Vols play him at corner, because he is a much better corner than he is a safety, and he wants to play corner, not safety.  "Your" "opinion" that Allen is a 3rd round safety prospect is simply proof you have no clue what you are talking about.  Allen is a corner, and he will be a royal PITA if a team tries to force him to play S.

631220[/snapback]

Yeah I'm sure Jason Allen will declare what position he'll play to an nfl coach. That'll ensure a rather productive career. The fact is he has experience playing safety no? He'll be put where a coach feels he's best. Even as a corner I wouldn't take him higher then the 3rd round unless you're gonna convince me he deserves to go before guys like Cromartie, Jimmy Williams, Ashton Youboty. tye hill, richard marshall or kelly jennings.

Yeah I'm sure Jason Allen will declare what position he'll play to an nfl coach.  That'll ensure a rather productive career.  The fact is he has experience playing safety no?  He'll be put where a coach feels he's best.  Even as a corner I wouldn't take him higher then the 3rd round unless you're gonna convince me he deserves to go before guys like Cromartie, Jimmy Williams, Ashton Youboty. tye hill, richard marshall or kelly jennings.

631227[/snapback]

So, you've NEVER SEEN Jason Allen play a down of football, and you are an "expert" because you can PARROT some stupid guru board.

GOT IT!!!

And Vince Young is a top 3 QB prospect...

Indeed, you do not even list the top two CB prospects in this draft, because you have NO CLUE who they are because "your" "opinion" is 100% PURE PARROTING about players you have never seen...

Johnathan Joseph

Jason Allen

THOSE are your top two CB prospects in the 2006 NFL Draft.

And, yeah, Allen does have experience telling his coach where to play him, and getting the coach to comply. In fact, Allen was reportedly telling NFL brass at the combine not to pick him if the intent was to play him at safety. Only top talent gets away with stuff like that...

I wish someone would explain to me what a 1 gap DT is.

631230[/snapback]

Well apparently if you search google, I wrote one hell of an article explaining the ins and outs of just that Rich. Hey LaDairis did you almost go to Tulane?

I wish someone would explain to me what a 1 gap DT is.

631230[/snapback]

A "one gap" 4-3 defense like the Bucs has the DT penetrating every play through a specific gap. The objective is not to stand up the interior OLs, but rather to beat them off the snap with quickness. Ngata is not a one gap. Ngata is a great two gap prospect. The signing of Tripplett pretty much ensures the Bills will play one gap this year.

Well apparently if you search google, I wrote one hell of an article explaining the ins and outs of just that Rich.  Hey LaDairis did you almost go to Tulane?

631233[/snapback]

This sounds a bit too confusing. I admit I know very little about football, but I do like to watch the games, translator in tow.

So, you've NEVER SEEN Jason Allen play a down of football, and you are an "expert" because you can PARROT some stupid guru board.

GOT IT!!!

And Vince Young is a top 3 QB prospect...

Indeed, you do not even list the top two CB prospects in this draft, because you have NO CLUE who they are because "your" "opinion" is 100% PURE PARROTING about players you have never seen...

Johnathan Joseph

Jason Allen

And, yeah, Allen does have experience telling his coach where to play him, and getting the coach to comply.  In fact, Allen was reportedly telling NFL brass at the combine not to pick him if the intent was to play him at safety.  Only top talent gets away with stuff like that...

631232[/snapback]

Johnathan Joseph who played at Coffeyville junior college. Went to SC in 2004 and proceeded to miss the entire season with a broken foot, and only has 1 year of experience against top competition is the best cb prospect in this draft? :)

A "one gap" 4-3 defense like the Bucs has the DT penetrating every play through a specific gap.  The objective is not to stand up the interior OLs, but rather to beat them off the snap with quickness.  Ngata is not a one gap.  Ngata is a great two gap prospect.  The signing of Tripplett pretty much ensures the Bills will play one gap this year.

631236[/snapback]

I always get in trouble using that damn sarcasm. Ah, wadda ya gunna do?

In fact, Allen was reportedly telling NFL brass at the combine not to pick him if the intent was to play him at safety. Only top talent gets away with stuff like that...

Gets away with stuff like that or either gets knocked down into the third round for having a sh*tty attitude.

Johnathan Joseph who played at Coffeyville  junior college.  Went to SC in 2004 and proceeded to miss the entire season with a broken foot, and only has 1 year of experience against top competition  is the best cb prospect in this draft? :)

631239[/snapback]

LOL!!!

Yeah, and you know about Johnathan Joseph because...

despite the fact that you have NEVER SEEN HIM PLAY A DOWN, you have a BEAK and PARROTING = PROOF to your birdbrain....

Let me give you a hint about life, son. Make "your" "opinion" by observing for yourself, not parroting...

Gets away with stuff like that or either gets knocked down into the third round for having a sh*tty attitude.

631241[/snapback]

The more you speculate on that which you have no clue, the bigger the MORON you will be outed as come Draft Day. Indeed, the recently linked Fox mock has Allen at #22 overall. Third round my choad indeed...

Now, go back and parrot all the guru mocks and recalibrate "your" 100% PURE PARROTED "opinion" on players YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN PLAY...

LOL!!!

Yeah, and you know about Johnathan Joseph because...

despite the fact that you have NEVER SEEN HIM PLAY A DOWN, you have a BEAK and PARROTING = PROOF to your birdbrain....

Let me give you a hint about life, son.  Make "your" "opinion" by observing for yourself, not parroting...

631242[/snapback]

Now he knows what games you've watched GWB. This just keeps getting better.

The more you speculate on that which you have no clue, the bigger the MORON you will be outed as come Draft Day.  Indeed, the recently linked Fox mock has Allen at #22 overall.  Third round my choad indeed...

Now, go back and parrot all the guru mocks and recalibrate "your" 100% PURE PARROTED "opinion" on players YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN PLAY...

631245[/snapback]

There may be a slight chance that he has seen them play somewhere before.

While I'm certainly no expert, I do try to watch as much college football as I can during the year, so that when draft time comes around, I will have seen many of the top prospects play. Thank goodness for ABC, CBS, ESPN, and my trusty ESPN Game Plan! It's because of them that I have a basement full of videotapes from games I've watched.

This sounds a bit too confusing.  I admit I know very little about football, but I do like to watch the games, translator in tow.

631238[/snapback]

Heres a tip for my fellow bills bretheren. If you almost go to Tulane, and blow out a knee, your football knowledge will increase exponentially.

Heres a tip for my fellow bills bretheren. If you almost go to Tulane, and blow out a knee, your football knowledge will increase exponentially.

631260[/snapback]

Dammit! All I could do was actually go to a rinky dink Division II school.

Well I give up, I can't compete with LaDairis's superior knowlledge of football anymore. I really need to go out and get one of those television things so I can check out a few of these players. This guy had to of almost gone to Tulane..I'm sure of it.

Well I give up, I can't compete with LaDairis's superior knowlledge of football anymore.  I really need to go out and get one of those television things so I can check out a few of these players.  This guy had to of almost gone to Tulane..I'm sure of it.

631266[/snapback]

I know, we just cant compete. I was this close to almost getting into tulane, but ended up getting wait listed. Alas, i didnt almost get into tulane, and my life has been a mess ever since.

Johnathan Joseph

Jason Allen

And, yeah, Allen does have experience telling his coach where to play him, and getting the coach to comply.  In fact, Allen was reportedly telling NFL brass at the combine not to pick him if the intent was to play him at safety.  Only top talent gets away with stuff like that...

631232[/snapback]

Well, now who's being silly? Jimmy Williams is clearly the BEST CB (with S potential) coming out in this draft. And that's not just my opinion...it's virtually every draft evaluator's opinion. Some like Huff better, but they have him as a S (with CB potential).

I'll be honest, I don't remember seeing Allen play CB. He was OK, from what I saw, at S.

As for your "observe for yourself" philosophy, it can be a good one. However, even pro teams don't get to see all they need from these guys in person (and on tape). That's why they have combines, administer Wonderlicks and bring guys in to take a first-hand look.

But YOU are so omnipresent, you've seen ALL the prospects play up-close and personal and enough times for you to make absolute judgements. AND you can tell that A guy who played S all last year is going to be a better CB than the best college CB coming out.

Wow you must really be the absolute BEST talent evauator alive...or...You are a giant troll as$hole? I think we both know which one you really are, don't we, troll?