Bernard stays w/ Seahawks

Scratch him off your wish list.

630791[/snapback]

Three-year, $13 million deal that included a $5.4 million signing bonus.

That doesn't seem like a ton of money. I am suprised that KC couldn't beat that.

Don't care about that. Wasn't all that big on Bernard.

No, I'm interested in fixing our decades-old OL problem.

630807[/snapback]

So got any recommendations, or just going to witch about it without offering a real solution. :w00t::)

So got any recommendations, or just going to witch about it without offering a real solution.  :w00t:  :)

630810[/snapback]

Well, seeing as we can't have any of the top three FA OL, I'm gonna say try and get siome sort of a stop-gap in here. A Runyan for a season and hope to gods that we can pick up some decent OL in the draft.

Outside of that, you ain't getting anyone of worth for the OL. I'm not one for Mawae. He's broken-down, unlike Runyan.

Well, seeing as we can't have any of the top three FA OL, I'm gonna say try and get siome sort of a stop-gap in here. A Runyan for a season and hope to gods that we can pick up some decent OL in the draft.

Outside of that, you ain't getting anyone of worth for the OL. I'm not one for Mawae. He's broken-down, unlike Runyan.

630816[/snapback]

So Runyen a 4000 year old RT, is your solution? :)

So I guess your okay with Gandy, Anderson, Preston, Villereal, and Runyen? Peters and Jerman as our star backups. :w00t:

That's your solution?

Damn, I am glad Marv is the GM. :w00t:

So Runyen a 4000 year old RT, is your solution?  :)

So I guess your okay with Gandy, Anderson, Preston, Villereal, and Runyen?  Peters and Jerman as our star backups.  :w00t:

That's your solution? 

Damn, I am glad Marv is the GM.  :w00t:

630819[/snapback]

That's what I'm saying. Nice of you to finally understand.

By NOT pursuing the top FA OL, now Marv HAS to hit it big in the draft or we've got another 5 years of OL hell on our hands.

So Runyen a 4000 year old RT, is your solution?   :)

So I guess your okay with Gandy, Anderson, Preston, Villereal, and Runyen?  Peters and Jerman as our star backups.   :w00t:

That's your solution? 

Damn, I am glad Marv is the GM.   ;)

630819[/snapback]

no dammit...read his response...he's counting on the "gods" to save us... :w00t::lol: Shoot, if he heard Ralph say something like that he'd go ballistic! :lol: Joe, maybe you should sacrifice that sheep now... :lol: ....

no dammit...read his response...he's counting on the "gods" to save us... :w00t:  :w00t:  Shoot, if he heard Ralph say something like that he'd go ballistic! :lol: Joe, maybe you should sacrifice that sheep now... :lol: ....

630826[/snapback]

And the mounds of dead rats keep growing.

:)

So got any recommendations, or just going to witch about it without offering a real solution.  :w00t:  :)

630810[/snapback]

I think adding one solid player like a Jon Runyan greatly increases our O-lines talent level. our line could go like this...

J Peters LT

M Gandy LG

D Preston C

C Villarial RG

Jon Runyan RT

I think adding one solid player like a Jon Runyan greatly increases our O-lines talent level.  our line could go like this...

J Peters LT

M Gandy LG

D Preston C

C Villarial RG

Jon Runyan RT

630842[/snapback]

You know I have had time to think about it and Peters will not make it as a LT. He need to be able to understand and pickup blitzes, line stunts and know ho to pass of blocks. Him, and his wonderlic of 3 aren't going to cut it.

John Runyen, our solution to all of our OL problems. 

630841[/snapback]

Please point out the post where I said that.

Don't hurt yourself, Papa Smurf. I'll spare you the effort. I never said that. You asked what available options there were out there and I said Runyan as a stop-gap.

Marv's painted himself into a draft corner by not attempting to pick up Bentley Hutch or Shaffer. He almost HAS to draft three OL.

so you absolutely know that he never tried to talk to these guys....right?

630855[/snapback]

Well, no outlet reported it. So i think it's safe to assume that's the case.

Remember Ralph's little bit of prophecy?

"We have to watch our costs in all directions and run a very cost-effective operation. We will be active in free agency. And we'll try to make prudent decisions on players. But we're not going to be able to throw money away like these high revenue clubs. "

Read: "We'll be active in pursuing players like Robert Royal but you'd damn well better forget about attracting anyone of note."