FAs available?

bobinaz

If the Bills are looking to maybe bring in a QB, would it be worth bringing in someone like Griese? Would he be expecting to be a starter and want starter pay?

Besides Wells, who else is out there for O-linemen in FA? Since we have an extra pick from the Travis Henry trade, maybe it would be worth giving up a 6th round pick for Wells.

My opinion on Moulds is to still try and work out an agreement with him to stay. It was only one game he whined about, but look what happened the game he wasn't there. I still don't think the WR talent we have after Moulds can get the separation, draw the double teams, etc like Moulds can. He's still got some steam left in him. Granted, it isn't going to matter who we have lining up at WR if the O-line can't give whichever QB we have protection. But Moulds experience and leadership is needed.

If the Bills are looking to maybe bring in a QB, would it be worth bringing in someone like Griese?  Would he be expecting to be a starter and want starter pay?

Besides Wells, who else is out there for O-linemen in FA? Since we have an extra pick from the Travis Henry trade, maybe it would be worth giving up a 6th round pick for Wells. 

My opinion on Moulds is to still try and work out an agreement with him to stay.  It was only one game he whined about, but look what happened the game he wasn't there.  I still don't think the WR talent we have after Moulds can get the separation, draw the double teams, etc like Moulds can.  He's still got some steam left in him.  Granted, it isn't going to matter who we have lining up at WR if the O-line can't give whichever QB we have protection.  But Moulds experience and leadership is needed.

630269[/snapback]

In terms of O-line FAs, they're drying up. I just posted something about the Jags' Vince Manuwai, who would probably come at the cost of a 3rd round pick, as well as the financial burden. At the same time, we're not likely going to net an immediate OG starter in the third round, so it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to use the pick in that fashion.

Wells? Could be OK. The best and worst thing I've heard about him was that before injury, he was the best O-lineman on the Cardinals. Best = good. Cardinals = not so much.

Fabini's out there, Jeff Mitchell, also, I believe. The guys you're going to find right now are 2nd, 3rd tier, gambles like Bennie Anderson on the younger side and then some veterans who have questionable longevity. That was one reason people we're getting a little excited about Mawae as he's a voice of experience at an important position, but he's also on the downside and could have yielded to Preston in a couple years.

Also, Griese is going to be too expensive. McCown could probably be had for the same amount of money, is younger, and has more upside. I still say we get our #3 in the 4th or 5th round this year. That or trade for Cleo Lemon :doh: