St. Louis Paper...Pickett still in Buffalo

JoeF

Article from St. Louis Paper

Pickett mention is near the bottom of the story.

This article is a little strange--the by line is dated yesterday but it is on-line in today's edition.

If this is true the "conflict" story may have been a bit of a ruse and the meeting with the media will be today.

630178[/snapback]

I would read "today" to mean relative to the time the article was written per the byline - yesterday. I also view the "meet with officials to try to agree on a contract" as just a normal assumption related to any team visit.

Some other little tidbit I didn't know. Pickett has family in Rochester. According to Packernews.com, he is negotiating with the Bills and Packers, and has his standing offer with the Rams.

Pickett update: Defensive tackle Ryan Pickett, a free agent who visited the Packers earlier in the week, was in Buffalo on Tuesday but had not signed a contract with the Bills. Pickett has family in Rochester, N.Y.

He has a standing offer from his original team, St. Louis, and also is in negotiations with the Packers and Bills. All signs suggest he’ll have a new team before the week is finished.

I would read "today" to mean relative to the time the article was written per the byline - yesterday.  I also view the "meet with officials to try to agree on a contract" as just a normal assumption related to any team visit.

630196[/snapback]

Not really, on either account, although the online editions are notoriously flexible and wrong. In that article, at the top, they say that Fakhir Brown was "signed Tuesday". And in the same article, they say Pickett is back with the Bills today. That would make me believe that "today" was referring to Wednesday. But again, I don't necessarily believe the story because who knows, there isnt a lot of corroboration.

On the second point, there is a significant difference between a player coming in for a visit, and a player to "meet with officials to try to agree on a contract." That almost surely means an offer has been made or being prepared. I would imagine only half the visits result in offers being made. For example, none of the stories I have read imply they made Wells an offer or are negotiating with him, although I could have missed it, and they may be. Still, that means they are negotiating a deal with Pickett. They may not get it, because other teams are negotiating, too, at least two in fact.

I would read "today" to mean relative to the time the article was written per the byline - yesterday.  I also view the "meet with officials to try to agree on a contract" as just a normal assumption related to any team visit.

630196[/snapback]

The reason I decided to go ahead and post it was because the google search said it had only been on line for 2 hours -- that was this AM at 7....could have been written late last night to be read as today.

Some other little tidbit I didn't know. Pickett has family in Rochester. According to Packernews.com, he is negotiating with the Bills and Packers, and has his standing offer with the Rams.

630215[/snapback]

Someone who supposedly works with his uncle (I think it's the famed "Rich the Ram Fan") called John Ditulio and said that the uncle said Pickett's signing with the Bills today.

Someone who supposedly works with his uncle (I think it's the famed "Rich the Ram Fan") called John Ditulio and said that the uncle said Pickett's signing with the Bills today.

630294[/snapback]

It was Saprano himself (the "uncle").

"Said" is used too many times in that sentence.

630294[/snapback]

Any more info on this sneaky uncle calling in?

Inside Info. The John Ditulio is a huge freaking D-Bag.

630734[/snapback]

Just reporting what I heard. You take it FWIW. Even Wease said "yeah, the first thing Pickett's going to do is call his uncle to tell him he's going to be a Bill...."

I didn't know much about Pickett until this week. I know fans are not always "well informed" but it's encouraging that nearly all posts on Ram fan boards are lamenting the possible loss of Pickett. Almost all think he's a solid player who'd be sorely missed.

Just reporting what I heard.  You take it FWIW.  Even Wease said "yeah, the first thing Pickett's going to do is call his uncle to tell him he's going to be a Bill...."

630773[/snapback]

Sorry - I am definitely not calling you out Dan.

I just think that "Di-Tool-io" is a loser. That was my point. :)