How about those SABRES!!!!!

Hey guys, SDS been doing some changes over at the Sabres board! More people needed for support for Buffalo's ONLY winning team.... :(

Just think.... All the Walmart door receipt checkers and Comic Book store clerk cheap shot masters in here can double their pleasure!

But on a serious note... Come on over and post about our fine squad this season!

Thanks for the work on the board Scott! Can we get a chat room soon?

Hey guys,  SDS been doing some changes over at the Sabres board!  More people needed for support for Buffalo's ONLY winning team.... :(

Just think....  All the Walmart door receipt checkers and Comic Book store clerk cheap shot masters in here can double their pleasure!

But on a serious note...  Come on over and post about our fine squad this season!

Thanks for the work on the board Scott!  Can we get a chat room soon?

630030[/snapback]

yeah, that is on my list.

I would like to find another chat solution. I like our current setup, but it requires me to login once every 3 weeks and that is a pain in the sack...

Does anyone have any good, free chat solutions that can hold 100 people?

I would like to find another chat solution.  I like our current setup, but it requires me to login once every 3 weeks and that is a pain in the sack...

630043[/snapback]

Can always run an irc daemon on your dedicated box...

I would like to find another chat solution.  I like our current setup, but it requires me to login once every 3 weeks and that is a pain in the sack...

630043[/snapback]

There are a couple of good solutions.

One is Blab Lite! Its an ajax based solution with a mysql backend, and its free.

Demo: http://justblab.com/

Another is FlashChat, which uses a php backend and a flash frontend (really slick I think). Its not exactly free, but it is really cheap at the price of $5.

http://www.tufat.com/script.php?script=chat

There are a couple of good solutions.

One is Blab Lite! Its an ajax based solution with a mysql backend, and its free.

Demo: http://justblab.com/

Another is FlashChat, which uses a php backend and a flash frontend (really slick I think).  Its not exactly free, but it is really cheap at the price of $5.

http://www.tufat.com/script.php?script=chat

630094[/snapback]

I'd shoot myself in the face if I had to use an Ajax-based (web based) chat program. A hundred users or so on an irc server ain't so bad. We keep one running at work with ~30 or so people constantly logged in, that seems to work fine and it's on someone's desktop. A dude at work has run a couple in the past, I"ll see what he says.. not many people actually run chat servers.

-Jeff

I'd shoot myself in the face if I had to use an Ajax-based (web based) chat program.  A hundred users or so on an irc server ain't so bad. We keep one running at work with ~30 or so people constantly logged in, that seems to work fine and it's on someone's desktop.  A dude at work has run a couple in the past, I"ll see what he says.. not many people actually run chat servers.

-Jeff

630109[/snapback]

if you think we can run 100 users w/o taking it down (I think we have been up for almost 1 year now! knock on wood...) than I would be up for that.

if you think we can run 100 users w/o taking it down (I think we have been up for almost 1 year now! knock on wood...) than I would be up for that.

630113[/snapback]

Let me ask that dude at work... I've never done much more than experiment with it. The only thing that worries me is that your webserver load would go hand-in-hand with your chat load, i.e. gamedays.

-Jeff

Let me ask that dude at work... I've never done much more than experiment with it.  The only thing that worries me is that your webserver load would go hand-in-hand with your chat load, i.e. gamedays.

-Jeff

630115[/snapback]

what would be really cool would be some bot that would login to our current room once per week... that saves me a lot of grief.